‘23 TN RB Malaki Dowell

White Co TN RB Malaki Dowell has put up insane numbers again this year. Does anyone know if there has been any interest from UT?
From what I could find, this kid isn't rated by any of the services and zero offers from any FBS schools. He's listed at 5'10" and 170 pounds so that might have something to do with it.

His numbers are indeed impressive, but it's against rather weak opposition. I wish him well & imagine he will receive a scholarship somewhere.

Will he get a look from UT or other SEC programs?

-AP
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find much on him. I don’t follow HS as much as I used to. Ten years ago putting up those numbers against Station Camp and Cookeville who used to be decent would be hard to fathom, but I guess both have fallen on hard times.
Good luck to the kid though.

From all the people I talk with back home, they note how great a kid this young man is. There aren't any visions of grandeur, but he definitely should be able to find a spot to play college football and get a quality education. Hopefully a quality FCS school will offer or a mid-level power 5 and he will still have some tread left on his tires as he's going to be used a lot just like Bishop at Karns is as well.

I’m good friends with Malaki and have taken him to a UT game when he was younger. Great young man, has always been humble from a young age. I believe he rushed for 450+ against Cookeville last Friday, which was the first time White Co. has won @ Cookeville since 1987. He just received an offer from Tennessee Tech yesterday I believe. We’re all hoping he gets noticed by D1 schools though.

He is a very intelligent young man ( has excellent grades) and he will choose a school based on his field of study with a very good football program. He sure did leave Station Camp in the dust, we have been told Station Camp has team members being recruited by SEC school's. He has a excellent offensive line that makes it so he is able to run. He is the real deal and people from White County will support him all the way. Yes, we are very partial. We think he is the BEST!

Sounds like he could go somewhere else then we’ll try to snag him out of the portal in the future. Just seems like something that would happen these days.

From what I could find, this kid isn't rated by any of the services and zero offers from any FBS schools. He's listed at 5'10" and 170 pounds so that might have something to do with it.

Size isn't really as much of an issue as long as he has the speed to match it. Won't be a bell cow that skinny, but plenty of small RBs have carved a nice role as a gadget player in some great offenses.

Size isn't really as much of an issue as long as he has the speed to match it. Won't be a bell cow that skinny, but plenty of small RBs have carved a nice role as a gadget player in some great offenses.
I'm not knocking this kid. You're just not going to see any 170lb running backs in the SEC unless they have world class speed. I've seen lots of smallish kids in TN put up big numbers in high school then barely see the field at FCS schools. Like I said, not a slight against this kid but the jump from TN high school ball to college football is immense.

Watched the supplied highlights and he is a fun watch. Obviously one of the fastest on the field, showed tremendous patience and vision in finding lanes, many right up the gut. He seems to have a great ability to get through the wash upright and make the right cut. Not sure that will translate at the next level.

Has he done any camps at all? Not many hidden gems out there without attention from those in the know, and with these stats word has to be out. The summary records of the teams he has played so far is not good at all, but they are not tiny schools either. They are 5A if I read the CoachT data correctly. Be fun to follow his path regardless. Size matters and I don't see Squirrel level speed or QUICKS with him. Wish a healthy productive season and some opportunities that meet his goals going forward.

Would love to see us offer Dowell a PWO spot. I believe he's up to 180 now; looks closer to 5-8 than 5-10 but he could still be a productive slot or CB at the next level. Has good power for his size. More quick than fast; PR of 11.12 in the 100m but possibly in the 10.9-11.0 range next spring. Rushed for over 2,000 yards last year, averaging 10.6 ypc.

Stat Freaks of the Week: UCLA commit Roderick Robinson and Tre Richardson of Kansas top list after reaching the end zone eight times - MaxPreps

Dowell’s job against the Station Camp football team was to carry the ball 24 times for 346 yards and catch it twice more to add on 65 yards and, of course, to find the endzone six times for the Warriors. “It felt amazing,” Dowell said about his big night. “Everyone talks about how good I did, but the real MVPs from Friday night’s game were our offensive linemen. Every single one of my touchdowns were because of them. They did their job and did it well.”

Warrior football coach Mark Frasier said that giving the credit to his linemen is a typical Dowell response. “Malaki is not only a talented athlete but he is a respectful and conscientious young man. He values his teammates and respects his coaches. He is a leader by example, both on the field and in the locker room,” Frasier said. “You would be hard pressed to find a teacher or coach that doesn’t feel the same.”
Malaki Dowell continues to amaze Warrior fans

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib

VN Store

Back