Best WR's in the SEC

Did anyone see SEC network college football final when Takeo Spikes called our wideouts the best in the SEC, and maybe the country?
I saw it. Spikes said best in the SEC then Doering said that’s not a bold statement and that we have possibly best in the country. Dari said possibly USC with equal talent, but didn’t disagree.

Our WR talent is nearly impossible to consistently stop. If they play cover 2 to give safety help to cover Tillman and Bru, that leaves nickel. back to single on whoever third receiver is and linebacker to pick up back out of the backfield. Not to mention TE or 4 receiver sets. If you’re running tempo, it doesn’t give them much time to figure out who is covering whom. As long as Hooker has time, we will score a lot of points if throws are accurate and we don’t have drops.

Did anyone see SEC network college football final when Takeo Spikes called our wideouts the best in the SEC, and maybe the country?

McCoy has had an instant impact. Very impressed with him. Transfer portal has been very kind to us in recent years.

We have landed studs such as:

Alvin Kamara
Cordalle Patterson
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
And now Bru McCoy

Probably leaving a few out as well.

Hopefully Heupel continues to raid the portal hard each year. It's much easier to gain an instant impact player than just normal recruiting classes imo.

Last edited:
Ced is the best Wr in the conference on a below average night he still finished with 9 for 162 and a TD… bru is a monster and will continue to improve each week and Hyatt is showing significantly improved hands at the slot… I would take our top 3 over any other 3 in the conference and debatably the country…

He was. But there were some bad drops. It was not was these guys are capable of doing.
Oh no doubt at all. Really never thought our defense was capable of winning a game against a ranked team but they were very good. Special teams were atrocious outside the huge FG. Offense wasn’t great outside of occasional bursts.

Oh no doubt at all. Really never thought our defense was capable of winning a game against a ranked team but they were very good. Special teams were atrocious outside the huge FG. Offense wasn’t great outside of occasional bursts.

Yea. A good win considering all those things. When you can play bad on the road and win then that is a good sign.

McCoy has had an instant impact. Very impressed with him. Transfer portal has been very kind to us in recent years.

We have landed studs such as:

Alvin Kamara
Cordalle Patterson
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
And now Bru McCoy

Probably leaving a few out as well.

Hopefully Heupel continues to raid the portal hard each year. It's much easier to gain an instant impact player than just normal recruiting classes imo.
USC transfers in particular have been good for us.

Huepel effect. Most of these guys were transfers, backups, castoffs, or nobody's before Huepel got here. Guys like Payton, Velus, Tillman, and Bru. I'm sure I'm missing some others. To have potentially the best WR's in the country speaks to the coaching staff actually developing these guys into draft picks and star's. I would take our top 3 over any in the country. We have 2 physical bullies on the outside with Bru and Tillman and our homerun threat with Hyatt. Wanted to mention this as well. Seems like Huepel has grown from last year. He was all gas/no brakes last year. Yesterday (and Ball state) I saw the team slow the game down when he realized it was a slugfest. When to go fast and when to milk the clock some. We went really slow against Ball state to eat clock 3rd and 4th quarters. The team last year never went slow and it hurt us a few times. Glad to see Huepel making changes and not being stubborn like past coaches.

VN Store

Back