The Official Johnny Majors Classic Game Thread: #24 Tennessee @ #17 Pittsburgh, 3:30 PM ET, ABC

It would be different with this same score if we we not making so many boneheaded mistakes. The endless mistakes and miscues is whats so maddening.

Pitt a good team.

They are. They have a good coach as well (who was under emotional distress tonight). They are NOT GREAT tho. And, UT faces at least three great teams per year minimum. It is important to remember that football is a developmental game. It progresses over a season, and a season can be a very long time. We had a great pass rush tonight. This game could have gotten out of control. Bru was not OK'd to play until a week before season started and looks great. I think this coach is learning how to play SEC. It's a grind at times.

I hear ya. When i see the shenanigans in some of these games and knowing the state Gump left the program in, I refuse to blame any of the coaches. Let’s see some star talent and complete recruiting cycles before we get mad at coaches. To me, our coaches cover for the lack of talent and inconsistency our players have.

Yep. We cannot run Heupel out. He may be the most important coaching hire in Tennessee history. What I mean by that, is the state the program was in. You get the wrong guy in here after Pruitt, the program might have never recovered

Reactions: UTFanHades
Terrible game plan. Wasn’t ready to play. After watching this game, I have no hope for the rest of season. Terrible. Hard to watch as usual. Jim Chaney in the booth and Cornbread is on the sideline.

Reactions: patrick

VN Store

Back