Inflation Reduction Act

Sorry if already posted but the layoffs from the inflation reduction act were immediate.

Ford notified employees in a memo today that 3,000 being eliminated. Then within hours salaried staff were gone.

Other companies are laying off as well.

Sorry if already posted but the layoffs from the inflation reduction act were immediate.

Ford notified employees in a memo today that 3,000 being eliminated. Then within hours salaried staff were gone.

81 million approve.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Does equal protection under the law apply to any group? Or is it limited to protected groups?

@RockyTop85
States are not permitted to draw distinctions between any group(s) unless the distinction is relevant to a legitimate government objective.

The law is scrutinized more harshly if it implicates fundamental rights or targets a “suspect classification” like race, age, or nationality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 85SugarVol

You realize Ford has been looking to go to more electric vehicles well before the IRA right? These layoffs have less to do with that than they do an overall change in the future of the company.

You realize Ford has been looking to go to more electric vehicles well before the IRA right? These layoffs have less to do with that than they do an overall change in the future of the company.

Do you really want to give the inflation reduction act aka big spending bill that acronym? I mean generally when say IRA, we are thinking retirement. What you're doing is like calling a serial killer by a nickname.

So you really want to go with the narrative that this announcement was unrelated to Build Back Worse? Is that what you're doing?

Do you really want to give the inflation reduction act aka big spending bill that acronym? I mean generally when say IRA, we are thinking retirement. What you're doing is like calling a serial killer by a nickname.

So you really want to go with the narrative that this announcement was unrelated to Build Back Worse? Is that what you're doing?
The announcement of the layoffs came a month before the Reduction Act was even signed into law. At the beginning of the year, the CEO had unveiled the future of the company, and that future includes cutting $3 billion from gas-powered cars and using it on their new electric division. Since when do we not like companies deciding what to do? Isn’t that what capitalism is?

Where did I say I didn't like it? I made a shitton of money from the stock market increase because of TCJA...
There was a specific thread started of course by LG screeching on the lower tax “returns” and that brain dead narrative vs your overall tax bill and a large number of people myself included gave some detailed first order cuts at their return as well as total tax liability. It was overwhelmingly pointing to a net tax reduction for the masses. I want to say even some that screeched that their “return” was lower was forced to admit their overall burden was lower also.

The announcement of the layoffs came a month before the Reduction Act was even signed into law. At the beginning of the year, the CEO had unveiled the future of the company, and that future includes cutting $3 billion from gas-powered cars and using it on their new electric division. Since when do we not like companies deciding what to do? Isn’t that what capitalism is?

The announcement came as Democrats were constructing this massive spend bill. Post the article from your definition of earlier in the year where Ford announced layoffs coming in the future.

There is nothing wrong with shifting investment but no company is initially forgoing revenue to their competitors. This is the Biden Admin ram rodding as what Ford sees as a cause to have to cut costs aka layoffs/lost jobs.

I can't believe you've convinced yourself the layoffs have nothing to do with the act.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
IRS launches safety review after right-wing threats

Imagine if they had the same sense of urgency about the security of our borders and schools.
"Memes and other messages circulating on social media have drawn on GOP talking points about the IRS to call for violence toward federal employees, Pitcavage and other experts told The Post. "

MEMES SIR. THEY HAVE MEMES NOW. Tell my wife and children I love them.

At least California is trying to make things better……

The bill, known as the Fast Act, would establish a panel with members appointed by the gover-nor and legislative lead-ers composed of workers, union representatives, employers and business advocates. They would set hourly wages of up to $22 for fast food workers starting next year and can increase them annu-ally by the same rate as the consumer-price index, up to a maximum of 3.5%.

California Fast Food Wages Would Be Set by Government Under Bill Passed by State Senate

Had to be ready to retire...biggest flip flop in years when he screamed on national TV 48 hours prior that there was no way he would support that grift....then immediately does a 180 including having his name on the legislation like a "badge of courage".

He screwed the people who elected him terribly, and Big Coal for lack of a better term..all to lay down with the Dimwits that hate him. Now they are predictably trying to screw him over and publicly humiliate him on the way out the door.

"Just desserts " if you ask me. How could he not know the Dimwits eat their own regularly? Happens all the time...

Had to be ready to retire...biggest flip flop in years when he screamed on national TV 48 hours prior that there was no way he would support that grift....then immediately does a 180 including having his name on the legislation like a "badge of courage".

He screwed the people who elected him terribly, and Big Coal for lack of a better term..all to lay down with the Dimwits that hate him. Now they are predictably trying to screw him over and publicly humiliate him on the way out the door.

"Just desserts " if you ask me. How could he not know the Dimwits eat their own regularly? Happens all the time...
Short sighted for sure. This load of crap will be all he will be remembered for. He got took.

VN Store

Back