Orange Everywhere In Pittsburg

Based on ?

Nothing really, just the same anecdotal evidence of the posters saying 20k. No real reason, just an acknowledgment that 7k would be huge for an away game. I've watched the Vols play at GA, FL, SC, MO, KY, Vandy, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, TX AM, and Oregon among others, and the only game that came close to 20K UT fans was Vandy. I'm also taking into consideration geography and travel time (Knox about 7.5 hours), a smaller alumni base in that area, and the opponent. 20K tomorrow would be quite the showing. Given their stadium capacity is 68,000, 20k TN fans would be roughly 1/3rd of all fans in attendance (if the stadium is full).

Last edited:
We get to play this game with PSU, WVU, etc. all the time and the reality is you never really know, even close approximation, how many visiting fans show up. But you do know both sides will guess wildly wrong. Let's say there is actually 11k TENN fans there...Pitt fans will say it was about 7k....and TENN fans will say it was 17k fans. At least for the visiting side, I get the over counting because you really 'notice' every time you see your color in enemy territory.

By the way, Pittsburgh has an H at the end.

Anyway, i hope as many TENN fans a possible are there. We can use the cash from the ticket, concessions etc...we don't have that SEC TV money!

We get to play this game with PSU, WVU, etc. all the time and the reality is you never really know, even close approximation, how many visiting fans show up. But you do know both sides will guess wildly wrong. Let's say there is actually 11k TENN fans there...Pitt fans will say it was about 7k....and TENN fans will say it was 17k fans. At least for the visiting side, I get the over counting because you really 'notice' every time you see your color in enemy territory.

Anyway, i hope as many TENN fans a possible are there. We can use the cash from the ticket, concessions etc...we don't have that SEC TV money!

Wow. that's a rational post by an opposing fan.

You guys are really nice over here in the football forum. lol.
iu

As a Pitt fan, I predict the crowd tomorrow will be 48-50k Pitt, 10-12k UT. 60k total.
One thing I will note, most of our fans will wear the color Pantone 151 which is a bright, lighter shade of orange.
However, a lot of our fans will wear white, black, or gray with a T on it.
so, it’s generally difficult to measure how many fans we bring by sight. You can tell more by when we score and how loud it is especially when our fans sing Rocky Top.

That would be beyond impressive. I'm thinking more along the lines of 7000

I’m guessing there will be more than that. We are everywhere, and I talked to some yesterday that didn’t have tickets yet.

Last edited:
Nothing really, just the same anecdotal evidence of the posters saying 20k. No real reason, just an acknowledgment that 7k would be huge for an away game. I've watched the Vols play at GA, FL, SC, MO, KY, Vandy, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, TX AM, and Oregon among others, and the only game that came close to 20K UT fans was Vandy. I'm also taking into consideration geography and travel time (Knox about 7.5 hours), a smaller alumni base in that area, and the opponent. 20K tomorrow would be quite the showing. Given their stadium capacity is 68,000, 20k TN fans would be roughly 1/3rd of all fans in attendance (if the stadium is full).

I bought lower level tickets through the Pitt athletic department, so they couldn’t sell out the lower level to their own fans. We were discussing that Pittsburgh is closer to people in East TN than several of the SEC west teams and Missouri. Those I’m here with don’t even live in East TN anyway.

I don’t know about 20k, but I believe it will be more than 7k.

A
Alabama plays their home games in Tuscaloosa. Why would they travel to Birmingham.
Because the only hotel (well, motel) in Tuscaloosa is a run-down 17-unit place at the edge of town named the Crimson Swallow Inn. It rents by the hour or by the month, your choice. The Bama players individually love it there, but no way the whole team fits, even 3 to a bed.

Pitth? I’m playing. I love Pittsburgh. It’s a beautiful city. I love that drive where you come through the tunnel and suddenly it opens up and you see the river, the bridges and the buildings. I was amazed the first time. Slovis looks like a good QB for you all and with your schedule I could easily see 9-3 with no worse than 8-4. If you all win today then 11-1 is even within reach.

One thing I will note, most of our fans will wear the color Pantone 151 which is a bright, lighter shade of orange.
However, a lot of our fans will wear white, black, or gray with a T on it.
so, it’s generally difficult to measure how many fans we bring by sight. You can tell more by when we score and how loud it is especially when our fans sing Rocky Top.
Many will wear a dark blue and a kind of yellow or gold color so I’m thinking there will be about 60K UT fans today.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat

VN Store

Back