Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8, 2022)

Yea you have clearly never read any Thor comics. Does strong and powerful women trigger you?

Valkyrie was alluded to being gay or bisexual as early as the 1970s. Korg is a rock creature that only has “males”.

But yeah… it’s the Disney agenda to trigger Karen’s by giving the queer characters 2 min to discuss their love life 🙄

I'm not familiar with that story line in the comics but I'm familiar with Norse mythology and Valkyrie were either virgin warriors or they took mortal husbands.
Korg also had mentioned that his attempted revolution failed because he didn't print enough pamphlets and so only his mother and her boyfriend showed up. I'm also not familiar with Korg's history in the comics but making him gay felt forced. Maybe his mother is really his trans father. Maybe he was adopted by a different species. Who knows?
I watch a lot of movies and Disney is definitely guilty of pandering. Even the gay community complained about Disney's absurdly stereotypical gay character in Jungle Cruise. Unnecessarily forcing a character's sexuality into the plot can detract from the story. Especially if it's such a weak attempt.

I'm 100% for strong women but it doesn't have to be done at the expense of masculinity. I'm married to a strong woman. I was raised by a strong woman. My father was raised by the strongest woman I've ever known. The men around them didn't have to be weak to make them strong. That's insulting to them in itself.

I'm not familiar with that story line in the comics but I'm familiar with Norse mythology and Valkyrie were either virgin warriors or they took mortal husbands.
Korg also had mentioned that his attempted revolution failed because he didn't print enough pamphlets and so only his mother and her boyfriend showed up. I'm also not familiar with Korg's history in the comics but making him gay felt forced. Maybe his mother is really his trans father. Maybe he was adopted by a different species. Who knows?
I watch a lot of movies and Disney is definitely guilty of pandering. Even the gay community complained about Disney's absurdly stereotypical gay character in Jungle Cruise. Unnecessarily forcing a character's sexuality into the plot can detract from the story. Especially if it's such a weak attempt.

I'm 100% for strong women but it doesn't have to be done at the expense of masculinity. I'm married to a strong woman. I was raised by a strong woman. My father was raised by the strongest woman I've ever known. The men around them didn't have to be weak to make them strong. That's insulting to them in itself.

Why is it unnecessary ? They were discussing love in the context of Jane and Thor’s relationship.

You are also ascribing too many human characteristics to an alien rock creature. They are all “male” but really they are sexless. Korg even explains how they reproduce which doesn’t involve any type of copulation. In that sense he is neither gay nor hetero because those terms don’t apply to a fictional alien rock creature.

This movie had problems but I shake my head at people that get bent out of shape over the sexuality of a couple fictional characters.

Why is it unnecessary ? They were discussing love in the context of Jane and Thor’s relationship.

You are also ascribing too many human characteristics to an alien rock creature. They are all “male” but really they are sexless. Korg even explains how they reproduce which doesn’t involve any type of copulation. In that sense he is neither gay nor hetero because those terms don’t apply to a fictional alien rock creature.

This movie had problems but I shake my head at people that get bent out of shape over the sexuality of a couple fictional characters.
They hold hands and one has the baby.

Reactions: SycloneJoe

Lol..."unnecessary".....that whole coded reaction has become such a cliche now. Anytime any non-hetero relationship or feeling is shown, it's either "forced" or "unnecessary". It's like a freakin' Pavlov's dog reaction.

I don't know, I'm sensing a ton of insecurity in a lot of these people in how they are reacting to freakin fantasy movies.

Lol..."unnecessary".....that whole coded reaction has become such a cliche now. Anytime any non-hetero relationship or feeling is shown, it's either "forced" or "unnecessary". It's like a freakin' Pavlov's dog reaction.

I don't know, I'm sensing a ton of insecurity in a lot of these people in how they are reacting to freakin fantasy movies.

I find it interesting that my review…my personal opinion…of a fantasy movie caused such a passionate reaction.

The reason for these threads is to share differing options of movies. Maybe it doesn’t bother you but I’m sure there are many who have similar Christian values as mine, who appreciate knowing that content.

Disagreeing with a lifestyle is not the same as “phobic” or a reflection of insecurity.

Anyways, I think our conversation conveyed to others what’s in the movie. As this thread is intended to do. 👍

Reactions: Behr and TN-POSSUM
Saw it last night, better than I was expecting as far as enjoying it. I do wish it would've been a bit darker,rather than the constant humor. They could've made it more brutal with Gor imo, let some people die.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Saw it last night, better than I was expecting as far as enjoying it. I do wish it would've been a bit darker,rather than the constant humor. They could've made it more brutal with Gor imo, let some people die.
Mighty Thor died.

Mighty Thor died.
not in battle though, she was a goner from cancer regardless of what happened. I also think they should've let Valkyrie die when Gor stabbed her. It just didn't feel like Thor had any personal stake, besides the kids that weren't his. It felt different when Thanos killed Loki, and Thor was after him, this just had a different feeling to itm

its so cliche to kill off the first gen characters.

agreed not to make it a comedy.

Reactions: joevol33
Went and saw it today. I give it a 2.5/5. It also a little childish. I want to see a more serious Thor and feed off of Ragnarok.

Reactions: vols 30
Crap, that was supposed to be in spoiler. My bad

Went and saw it today. I give it a 2.5/5. It also a little childish. I want to see a more serious Thor and feed off of Ragnarok.
Ragnarok was directed by same guy, Taika Waititi.

Supposedly, narrated through eyes of Korg, also played by Taika. Who was part of a comedy troupe years ago.

Point being, same guy. Same concept.

Saw it tonight.

People are being a bit harsh on it, it’s a cool movie. The biggest problem with Love and Thunder is Ragnarok, that movie such set such a high standard. Love and Thunder is definitely not the same caliber, but it’s a good movie. Being compared to Ragnarok is going to be a tough hill for any movie to climb.

I actually disagree with everyone saying they went too hard on the comedy, I don’t think that’s the problem. The problem is the pacing is all over the place. Like at the halfway point of the movie you’re like “They should really slow done a bit”, like it’s fight scene, constant quick dialogue, fight scene, more quick dialogue, etc.

But all in all it’s definitely worth seeing. I liked it.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Saw it tonight.

People are being a bit harsh on it, it’s a cool movie. The biggest problem with Love and Thunder is Ragnarok, that movie such set such a high standard. Love and Thunder is definitely not the same caliber, but it’s a good movie. Being compared to Ragnarok is going to be a tough hill for any movie to climb.

I actually disagree with everyone saying they went too hard on the comedy, I don’t think that’s the problem. The problem is the pacing is all over the place. Like at the halfway point of the movie you’re like “They should really slow done a bit”, like it’s fight scene, constant quick dialogue, fight scene, more quick dialogue, etc.

But all in all it’s definitely worth seeing. I liked it.

There is a really good story there but to me the humor was so overdone it took away from the serious moments. Like when Jane and Thor were having a real heart to heart on the ship and all of sudden Korg starts singing Karaoke 🙄 or the major plot device of Mjolnir and Jane is revealed with Thor in a friggin hotdog costume 🤦‍♂️ … it was just too much.

Ragnarok balanced the humor and the emotional moments perfectly. Looking at it as Korg the narrator helps a little. I would have to watch it again.

Saw this and liked it. I think with all the negative reviews my expectations were low and the movie surpassed it.

I didnt find the humor too much, just awkward/not well delivered at times. Good fight scenes. Christian Bale was amazing.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. My first impression wasn't good. Now, I believe it's the worst Marvel movie made, and I hate Iron man 3.

I like the serious tone with a few comedic moments of the 1st two Thor movies

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. My first impression wasn't good. Now, I believe it's the worst Marvel movie made, and I hate Iron man 3.

I like the serious tone with a few comedic moments of the 1st two Thor movies

GotG really changed the tone of the entire MCU. The jokes became standard formula across the board. Ragnarok worked in the humor with the serious really well. This one just took it a notch too far for me.

Although I do think the Russo Bros managed it best in their 4 films. Yeah Thor was funny with GotG but when they needed him to be a bad ass they were able to pull it back.

Finally watched this tonight. It tries way too hard to be funny, and it just didn’t work for me. I did like gorr though, feel like he was the best part of the movie. I’d say this one’s a 5.5/10

Reactions: BenGrimm
Saw it last night; it's fine. Not nearly the best Marvel movie but far from the worst. I still think it's better than the first 2 Thor movies. I get the criticisms that it's a bit too funny/goofy but since from it seems like it's from the perspective of Korg it fits enough.

I am laughing at the incels and man children who got all triggered and freaked out about "Lady Thor" and all the (wrong) crap they were spewing about it. There was absolutely nothing in this movie close to anything they were whining about unless you're just really an incredibly insecure person, and if you're that insecure maybe movies aren't for you anymore.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Saw it last night; it's fine. Not nearly the best Marvel movie but far from the worst. I still think it's better than the first 2 Thor movies. I get the criticisms that it's a bit too funny/goofy but since from it seems like it's from the perspective of Korg it fits enough.

I am laughing at the incels and man children who got all triggered and freaked out about "Lady Thor" and all the (wrong) crap they were spewing about it. There was absolutely nothing in this movie close to anything they were whining about unless you're just really an incredibly insecure person, and if you're that insecure maybe movies aren't for you anymore.

But he had to be saved by a woman!!!!!!!

My kids were watching it tonight and I popped in for a few scenes. The part when they were in Gorr’s black and white dimension was actually pretty awesome.

The finale was pretty solid too. Although I have mixed feeling about him bestowing his power.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

57AFCA14-6D60-4082-967E-220C3F122EAC.gif

VN Store

Back