Official predictions thread

Going with 21-10. Think we've got some growing/gelling to do.

Reactions: vol94
Looking at the teams on the schedule and predicting individual games, I would have us 25-6, but knowing how things go I think we’ll go 23-8.

Going with 21-10. Think we've got some growing/gelling to do.
Least amount of gelling needed since Admiral’s senior year. We lost a freshman starter and are adding a freshman starter. Lost a super senior off the bench and added a super senior off the bench. The core of the team is returning with 2 guys as 4th year starters.

With full schedule and dates announced, time for some predictions…

November 7 vs Tennessee Tech
November 13 N Colorado
November 16 vs Florida Gulf Coast
November 23 N Butler
November 24 N BYU/USC
November 25 N TBD
November 30 vs McNeese State
December 4 vs Alcorn State
December 7 vs Eastern Kentucky
December 11 N Maryland
December 17 @ Arizona
December 21 vs Austin Peay
December 28 @ Ole Miss
January 3 vs Mississippi State
January 7 @ South Carolina
January 10 vs Vanderbilt
January 14 vs Kentucky
January 17 @ Mississippi State
January 21 @ LSU
January 25 vs Georgia
January 28 Texas
February 1 @ Florida
February 4 vs Auburn
February 8 @ Vanderbilt
February 11 vs Missouri
February 15 vs Alabama
February 18 @ Kentucky
February 21 @ Texas A&M
February 25 vs South Carolina
February 28 vs Arkansas
March 4 @ Auburn
If I had to put money on it, another 20 win season with a first or second round bounce in the ncaa tournament. 😂Sorry not sorry.

Least amount of gelling needed since Admiral’s senior year. We lost a freshman starter and are adding a freshman starter. Lost a super senior off the bench and added a super senior off the bench. The core of the team is returning with 2 guys as 4th year starters.
I disagree. We've got a lot of new faces that will play a large role this season. I think it's going to take some time to get the rotation down and have the guys get used to playing with each other. For me, it's Key, Edwards, Phillips and I'm going to put Aidoo in this category as well.

I disagree. We've got a lot of new faces that will play a large role this season. I think it's going to take some time to get the rotation down and have the guys get used to playing with each other. For me, it's Key, Edwards, Phillips and I'm going to put Aidoo in this category as well.

Maybe some growth needed, but I don't really see the gelling part either. I mean, they have all pre-season, and the usual pre-SEC schedule to gel, just like always. We've got Vescovi, JJJ, ORN, ZZ, Plavsic, and Aidoo who have all played together before. Now with Key, who is a major veteran of the college game, we've got 7 guys who should know how to play. Add in Phillips and Edwards on occasion, and it is still very much a veteran heavy team. Anyone else who can play will be a bonus, but they shouldn't need to be relied on as major contributors.

With that team, you have plenty of defense, and I don't see anyone who is an offensive liability, including Plavsic at this stage in his career. As I said above, I am concerned about quality depth at PG. Otherwise, I think we have all the bases covered. I think we could definitely match last year's success if things line up well, with injuries, etc.

We might have a starting lineup of 1 sophomore and 4 seniors unless Phillips has the game to demand a starting spot. Then there’s 2 more sophomores in Aidoo and Mashack for depth and throw in a super senior transfer. That’s 7 deep of guys that have played together a lot, one very experienced transfer and one 5 star newby. Think back over the CRB era and tell us which team other than Admiral’s senior year is close to this experienced. In today’s portal environment, this is the type of experience coaches dream of having

VN Store

Back