There's no reason we can't go 10-2 this year

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.
8 wins with this defense would be a good season!!!

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.
Several reasons: Our secondary is not good. We didn't get a single sack on Ball St. We won't beat Bama or UGA. Any of FL, LSU, KY, USC and Pitt could be lost on a few mistakes or bad bounces. 10 wins is possible, but HIGHLY unlikely--probably less than 20:1 odds.

Reactions: 08Vol and firestorm
The Volunteers have a realistic chance to win 8 games in the regular season.

I’m not going to set myself up for disappointment by predicting the Tennessee Volunteers win 10 of 12 games after the first game that the Volunteers won because
they steamrolled an outmatched Ball State Cardinals team.

The Tennessee Volunteers were most likely to play terrific in the 1st game because they played an outmatched Ball State Cardinals that had no realistic chance of winning in Rocky Top which was shown because the Volunteers steamrolled the Cardinals 59-10.

If we get better play from both lines of scrimmage (especially the defensive line) this season, I might just agree with the 10-2 possibility. If not, it’s 8-4…I hope it’s the former and not the latter. GBO!
Not arguing, just asking, after seeing some from each team…baring probably losing as a double digit favorite, 8-4 means we lose 2 out of 3 to Pitt/UF/UK and to Bama/Georgia. Not that that convo is out of the question, but I just don’t see it. We’re in a really good spot to at worse to 9-3. This weekend will tell us a lot and the UF weekend will tell us everything. Go Vols!

I used to rib ole D4H hard, but then when he vanished. View attachment 487205 I, GASP! Can it be? I missed him. Maybe it's true, we don't really appreciate something until we don't have it anymore. I began to realize that D4H was a genuine Vols fan, over-optimistic at times, but still genuine. But what really won me over, was whether he accepts it or not, like me, he's certifiably nuts. But you know, this past decade, I'm convinced, you have to be nuts to continue to believe in our team when everything, and I mean everything, irrevocably discourages such faith. So here's to Dobby Heis!
View attachment 487203

So really we should be very joyful that VolNation has a genuine overly optimistic Vols fan which is impressive because of a high amount of disappointing seasons including underachieving during the long rebuilding era after the Fulmer era.

I’m guessing you didn’t watch Clemson last night? They aren’t good on offense at all. They couldn’t run up the score on air.
Agreed. I don’t think we’d put up 50+ on Clemson’s D, but I also don’t think they could score 30 on our D. DJ is horrendous. I’d guess Vegas would set that line on a neutral field at Clemson -7 and the Vols would get the upset by a field goal.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Agreed. I don’t think we’d put up 50+ on Clemson’s D, but I also don’t think they could score 30 on our D. DJ is horrendous. I’d guess Vegas would set that line on a neutral field at Clemson -7 and the Vols would get the upset by a field goal.
If we played Clemson this weekend I would not be scared at all.

So really we should be very joyful that VolNation has a genuine overly optimistic Vols fan which is impressive because of a high amount of disappointing seasons including underachieving during the long rebuilding era after the Fulmer era.

Or perhaps we should be honored, at least appreciate that we have fans who are of the ilk of:
I've got faith of the heart
I'm goin' where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I've got strength of the soul
No one's going to bend nor break me
I've got faith (I've got faith)

Faith of the heart

Reactions: firestorm
New name OP? "Anthony Richardson For Heisman"

You better hope we get lucky and win this upcoming weekend...I'd rather be lucky than good any ole day...:D

While DBH is always out in his own galaxy...i dont think luck will be necessary to win this weekend. Solid play alomg with being a disciplined team should get this win.

If the Vols keep mistakes to a minimum theybwin this game.

Reactions: firestorm
We have a better chance of beating ND than the other two teams (Clemson and OSU). That's just facts. OSU and Clemson would run the score up on us like GA and Bama will do.

I disagree. They don't have as much NFL talent as you think. Despite the great recruiting classes their athletes looked rather ordinary week 1. They can beat us but they would not run us off the field.

First, yes, TN is very good, especially on offense, and with some bounces and good fortune could go 10-2.

But the comment above is why some of you set yourselves up for tremendous letdown. FL has three excellent RB’s, at least two OL who will play on Sundays, Ventrell Miller at LB can be described with many adjectives, but “trash” isn’t one of them, a potential first round pick in Gervon Dexter, and three or four guys in the secondary who are going to play in the NFL.

If TN beats Florida it won’t be because they’re trash, it’ll be because TN is better this year.

Just cause you get drafted high don't mean you're good. I watched almost all of the Utah game and there wasn't a single player on your team that popped off the screen with the exception of Richardson. You have a one man team. Lucky for yall that one man is the best in the country. Richardson alone can win yall 10 games. He's that good.

D4H needs to upgrade to H4H because it's going to happen.

*AR154H is just too dumb. No gators

GO VOLS

No way we win 10 with our defense!!!

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back