‘23 CA DL Deijon Laffitte

I would imagine the new guy from Utah probably put him on our radar

Likely, although he actually just earned (or at least announced) the offer last week. I do love us getting involved with more West Coast guys via Amaama, who to your point apparently has tons of relationships in the region, b/c the SEC is just so attractive to real ballers from out there.

Ok, is this guy Ontario Canada or Ontario California?

Ontario California is where Nascar use to run the Riverside 500. It was a road course. I was at the last race in 1979 when Richard Petty hit the wall in turn 6 (three s turns). It used to be a beautiful area but now it' just suburbs from Riverside to LA. I moved back home to Tennessee in 1985 after marrying a Gal from Cal. In fact, we just celebrated our anniversary on Sept. 2.

I think this Aaron Amaama guy is a big deal get for our support staff. From Utah, and has alot of west coast ties.

I saw this weekend where he and Nicos Uncle were hanging out here in Knoxville. Plus several other recruits have talked about him.

Could help us with Polynesian kids, when we were rolling back in the day, we had several of them on the team.

Tennessee offered California defensive lineman Deijon Laffitte on Tuesday. They were his first SEC offer and it’s no surprise the Vols have shot to the top. He’s been waiting for an SEC offer and he is excited to begin getting to know the coaches. His connection is with Aaron Amaama who recruited him at Utah. He played little league with Nico. He hopes to come out for a game to take in the atmosphere.
-On3

“Tennessee is most definitely at the top of my list now,” said Amaama, who has also added offers from Utah, Washington, Oregon State and Washington State since Friday. “I just needed an SEC school, and I’m just glad it was Tennessee that was the first — hopefully of many. But Tennessee is up there on my list, most definitely.”

“When I first got the offer, I was starstruck because it’s my first SEC offer,” said Amaama, who now has received offers from 15 schools. “As a kid, I always told myself that’s where I want to be — in the SEC — because the SEC prepares you for the NFL, and that’s where I’m trying to get.

“It didn’t matter what school it came from, but I’m glad it came from Tennessee. I heard a lot of great things, especially with (Tennessee).”

“My grandfather used to live out there. He was a big Tennessee fan, so it’s always been around. But now I really have a reason to really look into Tennessee.”

He said he expected to speak with Vols defensive line coach Rodney Garner soon. He’s also likely to catch up with Iamaleava, the star of Tennessee’s 2023 recruiting class, to discuss their possible opportunity to team up in Knoxville.

“We actually haven’t talked about it,” Laffitte said. “But I’m most definitely going to talk to him. Now that I got the offer (Tuesday), it’s a big possibility we could speak real soon about it.”
callahan

VN Store

Back