There's no reason we can't go 10-2 this year

I watched the Utah game and I don’t get the Anthony Richardson hype. He has the physical tools, but if you contain him, his passing skills leave a lot to be desired. I get containing him is hard, but I disagree with the idea he is the best player in the country. I’m not sure I’d put him too 5. He’s just a big dude that can run and has can throw the ball better than the typical running back. Strong arm for sure, but poor decision making should have lead to several turnovers against Utah id their DBs could catch.

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.
I agree. However I don't think we are the 3rd best team in the country though and I don't think Anthony Richardson is the best player in the country either but I most definitely agree we should go 10-2.

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.
This post will not age well. We'll revisit it in a couple of weeks

Reactions: 08Vol
If you're the 3rd best team in the SEC you're probably also the 3rd best team in the country. Ohio State and Clemson didn't look all that impressive in week 1.
Yet both of them and even ND would beat us right now if we played them. If anything and being totally honest I'd say we are the 15th best team in the nation and that's if we play to the level I know we can

Reactions: 08Vol and VolDave53
What exactly has AR done to make him the best in the country? Beat Utah?🤣 He can run, but he's not a great passer, there's plenty of good running QBs who run as good, if not better, and are actually on dominant teams.

He can throw. Great passing mechanics and arm talent. He just doesn't have the players and coaching around him. I see him as a Daunte Culpepper type talent. That's who he most reminds me of. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will surprise people with how good of a passer he is.

Barring injures and catching a few lucly breaks I could see us going 10-2. I still say 9-3 but stranger things have happened.

Quick question Hoss? What do you make of Milton's game last week? The kids arm strength is incredible.

Milton's arm is freaky. I like the fact he stuck around after losing the starting job to Hooker. Shows he can good intangibles.

Reactions: dduncan4163
He can throw. Great passing mechanics and arm talent. He just doesn't have the players and coaching around him. I see him as a Daunte Culpepper type talent. That's who he most reminds me of. Once he gets to the NFL I think he will surprise people with how good of a passer he is.
I guess we'll see

Yet both of them and even ND would beat us right now if we played them. If anything and being totally honest I'd say we are the 15th best team in the nation and that's if we play to the level I know we can

Sure they could beat us. But so could we. That's my point. I didn't see any teams this past week that would definitively outclass us if we played them other than Alabama and Georgia. Everyone else is fair game.

The clown act has returned.... and that's from someone who thinks it could happen with some breaks and better defense.

PS- UT is not the 3rd best team in the country. They're in a group of a few teams vying to be the 3rd best team in the SEC.
I agree. We have a shot at 10 wins. But there are many reasons we dont achieve that total regardless of OP's proclamation.

Sure they could beat us. But so could we. That's my point. I didn't see any teams this past week that would definitively outclass us if we played them other than Alabama and Georgia. Everyone else is fair game.
We have a better chance of beating ND than the other two teams (Clemson and OSU). That's just facts. OSU and Clemson would run the score up on us like GA and Bama will do.

Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash.

First, yes, TN is very good, especially on offense, and with some bounces and good fortune could go 10-2.

But the comment above is why some of you set yourselves up for tremendous letdown. FL has three excellent RB’s, at least two OL who will play on Sundays, Ventrell Miller at LB can be described with many adjectives, but “trash” isn’t one of them, a potential first round pick in Gervon Dexter, and three or four guys in the secondary who are going to play in the NFL.

If TN beats Florida it won’t be because they’re trash, it’ll be because TN is better this year.

We have a better chance of beating ND than the other two teams (Clemson and OSU). That's just facts. OSU and Clemson would run the score up on us like GA and Bama will do.
I’m guessing you didn’t watch Clemson last night? They aren’t good on offense at all. They couldn’t run up the score on air.

First, yes, TN is very good, especially on offense, and with some bounces and good fortune could go 10-2.

But the comment above is why some of you set yourselves up for tremendous letdown. FL has three excellent RB’s, at least two OL who will play on Sundays, Ventrell Miller at LB can be described with many adjectives, but “trash” isn’t one of them, a potential first round pick in Gervon Dexter, and three or four guys in the secondary who are going to play in the NFL.

If TN beats Florida it won’t be because they’re trash, it’ll be because TN is better this year.
Most of us UT fans aren't delusional. You actually have to beat a team a few times before you can talk trash. Florida's starting lineup is NOT trash and I'm afraid Billy Napier is going to do well at UF. I'm not totally sold on AR yet though. He reminds me of Milton. What's your take on him?

ya know....Dobbs would have had a good chance at winning the Heisman had he played under a different coach. That said, UT still has a long ways to go.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
LOL... No. Richardson is not the best player in the country. And no. The rest of their team isn't "trash".

If you're the 3rd best team in the SEC you're probably also the 3rd best team in the country. Ohio State and Clemson didn't look all that impressive in week 1.
No. Not by a long shot. The SEC without UGA and Bama is not vastly superior to the other conferences.

Clemson did not look impressive and still beat an "improved" GT team 41-10. tOSU drooled on themselves for a while and still beat the #5 team in the country while racking up 395 yds vs 253 for ND.

I love the Vols and have for decades now. But realistically, the D puts the ceiling for this team well below 3rd in the country.

Not going to lie I was pretty confident with our chances of winning against Florida this year, but rushing QBs are our Kryptonite. Utah's defense is no joke and he ran all over them. Matt Corral put up almost 200 yards rushing on our defense last year. I could see something similar.

I think 9-3 or 8-4 this year.

Let's HOPE!

I personally don't feel we have the experienced depth yet to win 10 games, especially having to travel to Pitt, LSU and UGA. Add in the annual Bama beatdown and we are looking a 7-8 wins max maybe 9 if we have no major injuries and some other teams do (Florida, LSU, etc..).

Most of us UT fans aren't delusional. You actually have to beat a team a few times before you can talk trash. Florida's starting lineup is NOT trash and I'm afraid Billy Napier is going to do well at UF. I'm not totally sold on AR yet though. He reminds me of Milton. What's your take on him?

Fair take overall. I think he’s a better player than Milton. I think Hooker is a better player than Milton.

AR is a freak athlete. Runs 4.4ish, 40-inch vertical, point guard quickness but also big and strong. He’s special running the ball, Lamar Jackson-like. He can also throw the ball. That part of his game hasn’t jumped out yet like his running skills but it’s there. We’ve seen glimpses already, last year and against Utah. I’ll agree that his passing ceiling hasn’t been reached yet, but it’s coming.

The shame of it for UF fans is we won’t see him with top WR’s or TE’s around him. Florida has some good players there, but could you imagine if AR had a Kyle Pitts or Kedarius Toney to throw to? He’ll be gone after this year so it’s going to be a 1 and done scenario on a generational type talent. That sucks for UF fans, we’d like to see this man playing for 2-3 years. Not going to happen.

A couple of teams need to come down with the flu for us to get to 10 wins. We're getting better, but we're not a 10-win team yet.

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country.

What? That is a ridiculous statement.

Reasons why Tennessee can possibly NOT go 10-2 (I would be delighted if they did): defense, depth, and poor clock management.

I'll also throw in LSU, Florida, and maybe even Kentucky or South Carolina getting lucky.

VN Store

Back