There's no reason we can't go 10-2 this year

Dobbs 4 Heisman

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.

Well, there is this reason: We might lose 3 or 4 games. Don't count chickens before they hatch. Unbridled enthusiasm often leads to unbridled regret, you should know about that. One or two bad calls in any game can affect the results. :cool:

After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country. Unfortunately for us we have the #1 and #2 teams in the country on our schedule. Outside of Alabama and Georgia we should win out. Yes Florida has the best player in the country in Anthony Richardson but the rest of the team is trash. LSU is a complete mess. Kentucky is still Kentucky. I don't even need to mention the rest. We should win 10 games. No excuses.

It's hard to know where to start on this one. Anthony Richardson isn't the best QB in the SEC East, let alone best player in the country.

We are not the 3rd best team in the nation and we very likely aren't the 3rd best in the SEC. We still don't have that level of depth.

In order to win out besides those two it would probably take virtually everything going right for us in every game, home and away, in all toss up type games. I can't imagine that happening but I hope it does. 8-4/9-3 would be dang great for a second year after the absolute disaster area Heupel walked into 20 months ago.

You better hope we get lucky and win this upcoming weekend...I'd rather be lucky than good any ole day...:D

If we get better play from both lines of scrimmage (especially the defensive line) this season, I might just agree with the 10-2 possibility. If not, it’s 8-4…I hope it’s the former and not the latter. GBO!

Reactions: Stacmot
Where you been ole buddy?

The clown act has returned.... and that's from someone who thinks it could happen with some breaks and better defense.

PS- UT is not the 3rd best team in the country. They're in a group of a few teams vying to be the 3rd best team in the SEC.

Well this quote just cost us two games. Anytime our fanbase starts clamoring we are going to win and teams are trash we get beat.

It's hard to know where to start on this one. Anthony Richardson isn't the best QB in the SEC East, let alone best player in the country.

Yes he is. He just doesn't have the supporting cast Bryce Young has. Put him on Alabama and he'd look like a demigod. I have had Anthony Richardson as the #1 rated QB in the 2023 draft since his first couple of games last year. All he did this past weekend was confirm that he's still that dude.

Reactions: 08Vol
The clown act has returned.... and that's from someone who thinks it could happen with some breaks and better defense.

PS- UT is not the 3rd best team in the country. They're in a group of a few teams vying to be the 3rd best team in the SEC.

If you're the 3rd best team in the SEC you're probably also the 3rd best team in the country. Ohio State and Clemson didn't look all that impressive in week 1.

I’m curious.. how did you get that, after we played ball state?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Barring injures and catching a few lucly breaks I could see us going 10-2. I still say 9-3 but stranger things have happened.

Quick question Hoss? What do you make of Milton's game last week? The kids arm strength is incredible.

"After watching the first week of action I must say Tennessee could arguably be the 3rd best team in the country"

Not so fast Grasshopper, not so fast. Let us all savor our status now of an undefeated team yet not project our long term success until we defeat several more foes. Patience my friend, patience.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

Just. Stop.

How bout we just beat a decent Pittsburgh team this weekend first before anointing us king of the free world.

I used to rib ole D4H hard, but then when he vanished. 1662458916528.png I, GASP! Can it be? I missed him. Maybe it's true, we don't really appreciate something until we don't have it anymore. I began to realize that D4H was a genuine Vols fan, over-optimistic at times, but still genuine. But what really won me over, was whether he accepts it or not, like me, he's certifiably nuts. But you know, this past decade, I'm convinced, you have to be nuts to continue to believe in our team when everything, and I mean everything, irrevocably discourages such faith. So here's to Dobby Heis!
1662458618304.png

What exactly has AR done to make him the best in the country? Beat Utah?🤣 He can run, but he's not a great passer, there's plenty of good running QBs who run as good, if not better, and are actually on dominant teams.

as long as espn and disney keep television rights there's too much fun in turning tennessee on themselves to be had. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are not the 3rd best team in the nation and we very likely aren't the 3rd best in the SEC. We still don't have that level of depth.

In order to win out besides those two it would probably take virtually everything going right for us in every game, home and away, in all toss up type games. I can't imagine that happening but I hope it does. 8-4/9-3 would be dang great for a second year after the absolute disaster area Heupel walked into 20 months ago.
Yeah, I'm not positive we're the third best team in SEC E. We could be really good or it could be we're better and SEC is better this year leading to alot of really close games. Outside of maybe Vandy, if we don't show up, we're getting a probable loss. Our primary key advantage is UT, like UGA, we have a veteran older QB who is not likely to make too many critical mistakes and is literally like having a coach on the field.

VN Store

Back