UT Ticket Allotment (Pittsburgh Game) per Jimmy Hyams

That’s a crappy offering from Pitt…. I hope the Vols fans travel and buy up a ton of lower level seats
Apparently a lot of fans bought tickets through the Pitt ticket office before the season started instead of buying through UT. Hyams went on to say he still expects there to be quite a few thousands of Vol fans in the stadium.

So which is it, no one bought any of the allotment or UT refused the tickets? He is saying both are true but how can that be? Come on Jimmy.

Its messed up because I was sitting on their side last year in Neyland and they had some great seats and there were plenty of them. And I specifically remember the Pitt fans on the board posting saying what a great experience they had. And this is the thanks we get, and they play in a F'n NFL stadium. It's a punk move, I hope we destroy them.

Their coach was whining after the game last week about some report on ESPN saying West Virginia fans were going to outnumber Pitt fans. I hope Vol Nation shows out, wish I could be there.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Anyone notice the reply to Jimmy by this guy?

Not a very sound marketing strategy for a self described "Customer Experience Manager" based in Alcoa. Will he have something to "cry about" when Tennessee fans take their business elsewhere? He has had nine different jobs, so he probably could care less.

I got my tickets from Ticketmaster. I assume Pitt has assigned areas for all visitors. Don’t think they singled out UT for crappy seats.

From what I have seen, there will be a lot of Vol fans in Pittsburgh. Numerous people bought tickets through the Pitt ticket office before season started, others have bought through secondary market, and others through the UT alumni association like I did. People all over twitter saying they will be making the trip so there will still be a lot of orange in the stands regardless.

I remember folks buying tickets from the Pitt site because it was cheaper and the tickets were on sale before UT'a allotment. We'll be all over heinz field or whatever the name is now! Gbo!

This. The prices they wanted to charge for trash tickets was outlandish.

…so we’ll just buy the tickets directly from your own ticket office.

From what I have seen, there will be a lot of Vol fans in Pittsburgh. Numerous people bought tickets through the Pitt ticket office before season started, others have bought through secondary market, and others through the UT alumni association like I did. People all over twitter saying they will be making the trip so there will still be a lot of orange in the stands regardless.

I know if at least three couples making the trip from Atlanta.

I think we eat their lunch.

Purchased 4 directly through Pitts ticket office. UT told me had to buy from Pitt directly or 3rd party. It was expensive, even directly, but saved a ton not buying 3rd party. GBO!!

Reactions: BristolVol
I think Jimmy is off on this one. I think Tennessee was offered the higher level seats and they said “no thanks” and then told the fan base to buy directly from Pittsburgh. I am a season ticket holder and Tennessee sent me an email before they went on sale at Pitt reminding me to buy through Pitt’s ticket office.

Reactions: 08Vol and kcvols1

Not a very sound marketing strategy for a self described "Customer Experience Manager" based in Alcoa. Will he have something to "cry about" when Tennessee fans take their business elsewhere? He has had nine different jobs, so he probably could care less.[/QUOTE

Not a very sound marketing strategy for a self described "Customer Experience Manager" based in Alcoa. Will he have something to "cry about" when Tennessee fans take their business elsewhere? He has had nine different jobs, so he probably could care less.

Marty is a Crimson Turd fan from Maryville. His dad is a UT fan. I’m sure he’s ashamed.

Reactions: 08Vol and blackflag
The stadium only holds 68,400. ESPN.com has a link for tickets "starting at $55." Lower level $83-$160. 200 level $195 - $279. This is through Vivid seats. I don't see anyone having trouble getting tickets. Florida vs. Tennessee - Upper deck $180 - $1K. I think that speaks for itself.

VN Store

Back