Vols vs Pitt & FL

How do you see Vols doing vs Pitt & FL now all three teams have played?

• 2-0

Votes: 257 63.0%
  • 1-1

Votes: 127 31.1%
  • 0-2

Votes: 24 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brockytop

Now that all three teams have played my realistic thought is a split at best for TN.

I have been one to say don't get our hopes up but honestly I believe we win both games. I wouldn't put to much into Tennessee first game performance. Yes it looked like a lot to be desired but we handled business in a dominate fashion without actually being physically dominate. The intensity will step up this week. I say and believe 2-0

Hard to say. I’ll stick with 2-0 as of now. But we definitely don’t have enough evidence to measure such things yet. Too many variables and not enough games played. Either way, I’m super excited for the season! That Florida game was so fun to watch, and man I really hate to say it, I was rooting for them. I want to beat all of the teams on our schedule when they’re at their best.

I think Tennessee is flat out better than Pitt and should win.

I think even if one were to call Florida-Tennessee a draw, Tennessee is at home and should win because they are at home.

The only games (and I'm not blowing smoke here) that Tennessee has where it would take a surprising upset to pull off are Georgia and Alabama. Everyone else is beatable and I wouldn't necessarily say that the opponent is clearly better in any matchup.

I wouldn't go waving a white flag

The offense can score on anyone, they proved that last year. Defense is still a big question and will come down to getting off the field on 3rd down and not giving up explosive plays.

Reactions: Volfan574
I have been one to say don't get our hopes up but honestly I believe we win both games. I wouldn't put to much into Tennessee first game performance. Yes it looked like a lot to be desired but we handled business in a dominate fashion without actually being physically dominate. The intensity will step up this week. I say and believe 2-0
Going back and watching it our "not playing our best" looked far more crisp than most. And we all know teams get better throughout the year.

The defense wasn't actually that bad either. Ball States play calling was designed to get the ball out as fast as possible. We were still in their face just about every throw, like if it wasn't a designed quick pass we would have had several sacks.

Hard to say. I’ll stick with 2-0 as of now. But we definitely don’t have enough evidence to measure such things yet. Too many variables and not enough games played. Either way, I’m super excited for the season! That Florida game was so fun to watch, and man I really hate to say it, I was rooting for them. I want to beat all of the teams on our schedule when they’re at their best.
🤨 I need to meet you at the nearest Waffle House.

Reactions: jarnol32 and Teezy
BVS is strong in this poll. We take one week at a time and we WILL win both games! This is a new Tennessee mentality! We're back baby! GBDO!!!

Reactions: dduncan4163
I honestly hate to type what I am about to type , however, I am going to speak how I honestly feel. I firmly believe the outcome of Tenn vs. Florida is firmly established between the ears of the entire Tennessee Football team and all those associated with our team. In other words, I feel we have all the tools necessary to defeat the Gators in Neyland Stadium if we can perform mentally/and physically !!!!! We have just as good of players as do they. We have got to go into that game with the attitude we are going to beat their azz and nothing will stop us. THEN IT WILL BE DONE !!!! tHE OUTCOME OF THIS GAME , IN THE PAST, HAS BEEN MORE MENTAL THAN PHYSICAL...................IT MUST CHANGE !

Just curious, but what do you think our record is and why?
8-4 if the D is better. 9-3 if it is a lot better.

I think it all comes down to whether the D can get off the field on 3rd down. I think the O will score points.

I would give the Vols pretty much "C's" across the board vs BSU... and they won by 49 points and were never challenged in anyway.

There are folks here who look the other way after both USCe and UK struggled to put comparable teams away. USCe needed two blocked FG's to take GSU out of its run first, second, and third gameplan. There is a really good chance they would have lost without those two big blocked punt TD's.

UK's strength is supposed to be their LOS. Their OL managed only 50 yds rushing (1.92 ypc) and allowed 4 sacks. Meanwhile they generated only 3 sacks with Miami being reasonably successful running the ball.

People can be impressed with Pitt all they like. Maybe I'm wrong about them. But I won't be impressed unless they beat UT. WVU isn't a very good team... and should have won.

I still think UT wins vs UF at home. I won't be surprised by an LSU loss on the road. I'll be shocked if UT does anything more than "compete" with UGA or Bama... just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Until it's otherwise established by on-field execution, 2-0.

8-4 if the D is better. 9-3 if it is a lot better.

I think it all comes down to whether the D can get off the field on 3rd down. I think the O will score points.

I would give the Vols pretty much "C's" across the board vs BSU... and they won by 49 points and were never challenged in anyway.

There are folks here who look the other way after both USCe and UK struggled to put comparable teams away. USCe needed two blocked FG's to take GSU out of its run first, second, and third gameplan. There is a really good chance they would have lost without those two big blocked punt TD's.

UK's strength is supposed to be their LOS. Their OL managed only 50 yds rushing (1.92 ypc) and allowed 4 sacks. Meanwhile they generated only 3 sacks with Miami being reasonably successful running the ball.

People can be impressed with Pitt all they like. Maybe I'm wrong about them. But I won't be impressed unless they beat UT. WVU isn't a very good team... and should have won.

I still think UT wins vs UF at home. I won't be surprised by an LSU loss on the road. I'll be shocked if UT does anything more than "compete" with UGA or Bama... just like everyone else.
I meant the record against Pitt and Uf, but you commented on both games so all good.

We pretty much agree. It really is all about our defense. I want to see us against a team with a pulse to decide whether the defense is going to be better. Not much you can take away from that game and definitely say we are going to be worse, better or the same. The thing is, we don't have to be great to get to 9 wins IMO. I think sacks and turnovers are the key. We know more about what we're gonna get from the offense.

UF will be the tougher of the 2 between them and Pitt IMO. I honestly wouldn't be surprised with any outcome in those 2 games at this point, whether it's 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2. Nothing about either team causes me to believe we won't or can't win, but I also don't know enough about our defense to feel anything but around 50% on winning either. If our defense is in fact improved though, I think we win both.

I meant the record against Pitt and Uf, but you commented on both games so all good.

We pretty much agree. It really is all about our defense. I want to see us against a team with a pulse to decide whether the defense is going to be better. Not much you can take away from that game and definitely say we are going to be worse, better or the same. The thing is, we don't have to be great to get to 9 wins IMO. I think sacks and turnovers are the key. We know more about what we're gonna get from the offense.

UF will be the tougher of the 2 between them and Pitt IMO. I honestly wouldn't be surprised with any outcome in those 2 games at this point, whether it's 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2. Nothing about either team causes me to believe we won't or can't win, but I also don't know enough about our defense to feel anything but around 50% on winning either. If our defense is in fact improved though, I think we win both.

Agree. RE the bold. Win 3rd down. By hook or crook... just get more 3rd down stops.

VN Store

Back