Tennessee favored by 4.5 over Pitt

Not a good week for the ACC:

WV looked good but blew it to Pitt 38-31
VT lost to Old Dominion 20-17
NC almost lost to App St. 63-61
NCST got lucky against East Carolina 21-20 (missed PAT, Chip shot FG)
Miami beating Bethume College for blind women by 32
Wake beat VMI by 34
VA and FSU beat pansies
Duke looked decent against Temple

My wife has a tendency to say it is "going to storm" so we need to get the vehicles in... if there's a 10% chance in the forecast. You seem like the same kind of person.

Hooker wasn't touched in the pocket. UT ran for around 200 yds and played one or two deep into the scout team.

If you're as old as me then you remember UF's "finesse" teams under Spurrier consistently blowing Fulmer's "physical" teams out. I've watched large portions of the Pitt game. WVU was more physical. Pitt couldn't run. They gave up 5 sacks. They had two late sacks but for most of the game couldn't get to the QB or stop the run.

You seem to be poo-pooing a 59-10 win over a lesser opponent while playing very conservative while being impressed with a stolen win over a mediocre team. You even assume that they'll be the more physical team although they weren't close to being the most physical team in their game.

You might say this is a point of difference between my wife and myself from time to time also.
Watching the GA OR game. Showed a pick of Vince. Hope I look that good at 120 yrs. GA looks really good. May be the best in the nation. Wondering
If OR highly overrated. Just keep the Nike money coming.

Yep. WV isn’t that good to be honest. And we pretty much sleepwalked and carved Ball State up. I mean if Hooker played the whole game, we could have easily scored 70+. Pitt doesn’t have the offense to keep up with us.
heck if they left Milton in we score 70.
Yeah there's some hand wringing because of their d-line and how we didn't get a sack. But it did take them almost an entire half to score a TD. Our D might struggle, but they ain't got Pickett and Addison that's for sure.

I think we will see us he a well oiled machine out there. Play intense and we'll be too much for them to handle.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Watching the GA OR game. Showed a pick of Vince. Hope I look that good at 120 yrs. GA looks really good. May be the best in the nation. Wondering
If OR highly overrated. Just keep the Nike money coming.
Oregon was highly overrated for the showdown. Georgia is legit and the ducks are ducks. Back to the west coast they go!

Agree. For the stargazers, this is an obvious win and the line should be a lot more. According to 247's roster talent composite, UT is A LOT more talented than Pitt.

For me, I try to look as objectively as I can at the two teams. UT is a much better offensive team than WVU. The unknown is on D but the fact that Pitt could not run with any kind of consistency is a good sign. They passed better than expected but do not have an elite WR like they did last year... or a Heisman level QB.
I get the stargazers case, we have higher recruits on our team, but that doesn’t always tell the whole story. I got Tennessee 34 pitt 28.. I keep going from a 3 point win to a td. I think field goals are gonna be a important part to this game.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
No way! Pitt will blast us. Our defense can't cover the middle of the field or get off blocks.
No...no they won't. Vols are a much more athletic team, we have a better QB, and an improved defense. 40 or 50 something vols to twenty something for the Panthers. The only way Pitt makes it a game is if we turn it over or Hooker goes down. We don't play a team that can physically match up with us until the Gators come to town. Richardson is scary good.

This line makes no sense at all. I'd rather go up there with an "us against the world" mentality. Instead, Pitt will be a ranked home underdog to an unranked team they beat last season. Talk about disrespect!

I get the stargazers case, we have higher recruits on our team, but that doesn’t always tell the whole story. I got Tennessee 34 pitt 28.. I keep going from a 3 point win to a td. I think field goals are gonna be a important part to this game.
The problem with some stargazers is they only count stars when it fits their negative/positive narrative. If you are a stargazer then UT should blow Pitt out. But there were other "should haves" even today. UNC should have blown ASU out. I just want folks to be consistent with their arguments.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
Vegas favorites is more about their projections on where the betting will fall than any polls. Has nothing to do with polls. Its all about the money..
Correct. They set the original line and the money floats from that to set the ever changing odds.

Fbs4MHNX0AAuWOr

That is a surprising line in my opinion because Pittsburgh usually plays well at home.

The problem with some stargazers is they only count stars when it fits their negative/positive narrative. If you are a stargazer then UT should blow Pitt out. But there were other "should haves" even today. UNC should have blown ASU out. I just want folks to be consistent with their arguments.
Tru, stars are nice, the more the shinier the prospect. At the of the day the players have to go out and execute, they have to develop that potential. Like you said app state had every opportunity to beat unc today and looking at the stars they should’ve never had a chance, but they went out and competed and executed enough to put them in a position to win.
If stars mattered that much then we wouldn’t play any games, if so called team has more 4 or 5 stars then this team, then the inferior team would forfeit, but they don’t bc that stuff matters yes but it’s not the most important thing.

Reactions: sjt18
If you can get Pitt + 4.5 jump all over that, even if you're the biggest Vol fan ever. Those odds will change dramatically by game time.

Hooker was good but not great against Ball St., but I think that was mostly because we ran a very vanilla offense and wanted him to limit the runs in favor of trying to hit receivers. I suspect you will see more good plays from him for the Pitt game. Pitt didn't run that well, also didn't stop the run that well, but our pass D needs to step up for this game, that is where Pitt has a chance to beat us. Also need some sacks from the D-line. If we get that under control, we win.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back