#7 Utah @ Florida - 7PM EST-ESPN

I like to have fun and talk ball but I said a couple of weeks ago that the Pitt game will set the tone for this season. We lose it and we are another 8-4 or 7-5 team, beat them and the chance to get to 9 or 10 is greater. Losing to Pitt sets us back.
We lose to Pitt and Florida then 7-5 and even 6-6 start to become very possible even 5-7 if we have major injuries or lose Hooker. Pitt is a must win and Florida is as well I’m friggin tired of losing to those chumps every year.

End of the day, I think we all have to take a deep breath and just see how things play our. No need to overreacted to week one. Let’s just see how the boys go out and play.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I like to have fun and talk ball but I said a couple of weeks ago that the Pitt game will set the tone for this season. We lose it and we are another 8-4 or 7-5 team, beat them and the chance to get to 9 or 10 is greater. Losing to Pitt sets us back.
i agree with this 100%. very important to keep this 2023 class together and get them on campus. slippery slop for sure.

Reactions: Voltrapnbama
We lose to Pitt and Florida then 7-5 and even 6-6 start to become very possible even 5-7 if we have major injuries or lose Hooker. Pitt is a must win and Florida is as well I’m friggin tired of losing to those chumps every year.
I'll make a guarantee right now. We beat Florida, and you and gator train will be making excuses for them. I'd almost put money on it, but I don't gamble. I'll screenshot this, and call you guys out when it happens.

Now you're insulting my intelligence??
Dude just shut up!

You said kick field goal AS IN THE THE LAST DRIVE OF THE GAME. That's what you said whether you meant it or not. Learn some effin syntax!!

The 3rd qtr?? Hell why don't you go back to when Montrell Johnson fumbled in the 1st qtr?!
Why not just catch up with the conversation? Everybody else gets it. People watching the game anyway. Join the rest of us that understood it.

If Tennessee can get off the field on 3rd down consistently Florida will be in trouble.

If Tennessee can’t contain Richardson and limit his explosive plays Tennessee is in deep waters with no life vest.

I see Hooker and Richardson roughly equal in terms of overall danger. Take those 2 away and how do we compare across the board? They're better in some spots and we're better in some. Should be competitive at worst.

We need to beat Florida to keep our recruiting momentum going to and to show recruits we can win these big games and to show progress. You can only sell hope and dreams for so long eventually you have to see results on the field and W’s over your rivals I mean at least once every 5 years.

That has to change for sure!!

I'll make a guarantee right now. We beat Florida, and you and gator train will be making excuses for them. I'd almost put money on it, but I don't gamble. I'll screenshot this, and call you guys out when it happens.
I won’t make excuses I will be elated and happy as hell. I hope we are 4-0 going to play LSU

I see Hooker and Richardson roughly equal in terms of overall danger. Take those 2 away and how do we compare across the board? They're better in some spots and we're better in some. Should be competitive at worst.

I agree with this. Right now, I’d say UF and UT are similar. Very dangerous QB’s but not strong on defense. I think both head coaches are solid.

Reactions: Wezcoast
We don’t need to out recruit. We just need to be close because Heup can scheme like crazy and Kirby has to out-athlete people to win.
His starting QB is a 5’11 walk-on and their best WR was a low 3* who received an offer a week before signing day..

His starting QB is a 5’11 walk-on and their best WR was a low 3* who received an offer a week before signing day..
Yeah don’t mention their defense that has 5 stars running all over the place. Or their tight end room with 3 five stars, or the oline with almost all five stars. Find the two positions that fit your narrative

That’s ok-how about a counterpoint that goes beyond “shut up”?
My counterpoint is that we have a roster that would’ve beaten Utah tonight. We would’ve beaten Florida tonight. We’re going to beat Florida in a few weeks. They didn’t do anything special . They were superior physically and overall more talented. They broke through a million tackles bc the UTES are small. Florida is also thin up front. You could see them wearing down on the last 2 drives. We’re going to wear them down. Richardson is gonna get hit a lot. That fake jet play action bootleg right isn’t going to work the way it did tonight against bigger, faster defenses. I expect UK to give them a ton of problems next week.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Top 20 roster per 247 composite recruiting rankings. Wish we were higher but hardly “garbage “.
There’s certainly hyperbole in my statement but think of how many of what would be highly rated upper classmen were forced out because they were being paid by the gump. I’m guessing our star weight is pretty heavy on the underclassmen side. This especially hurts the non-skill positions where you generally can’t plug in freshmen and compete. Also-I wonder what % of our conference competition are ahead of us?

Yeah don’t mention their defense that has 5 stars running all over the place. Or their tight end room with 3 five stars, or the oline with almost all five stars. Find the two positions that fit your narrative
And you find a way to discount that Kirby is actually a decent coach. 5* or not he replaced 8 starters on defense and game 1 looks just as good as last year. He’s an elite defensive coach and he’s turned over the offense and allowed it to adapt from what he’s accustomed to, in the name of winning.

My counterpoint is that we have a roster that would’ve beaten Utah tonight. We would’ve beaten Florida tonight. We’re going to beat Florida in a few weeks. They didn’t do anything special . They were superior physically and overall more talented. They broke through a million tackles bc the UTES are small. Florida is also thin up front. You could see them wearing down on the last 2 drives. We’re going to wear them down. Richardson is gonna get hit a lot. That fake jet play action bootleg right isn’t going to work the way it did tonight against bigger, faster defenses. I expect UK to give them a ton of problems next week.
Great points-I hope you’re right. Not sure I agree with our success in getting to AR given our pass rush and lack of coverage and coverage sacks against a far lesser opponent. I’m also concerned that we’re thin at LB apart from Banks. Lastly-I still worry that we’ve faced far worse coaches and rosters from UF and lost.

And you find a way to discount that Kirby is actually a decent coach. 5* or not he replaced 8 starters on defense and game 1 looks just as good as last year. He’s an elite defensive coach and he’s turned over the offense and allowed it to adapt from what he’s accustomed to, in the name of winning.
Oh no don’t get me wrong. I think he’s a amazing coach. I would have him third in SEC just based off pure straight up coaching. Saban of course, but I love Sam Pittman. What he has done for arkys program is insane

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back