Florida better than expected?

Richardson will light up our defense. He will run at will. If he comes up with a good passing game (and he looks capable) he will have a coming out party against our defense. He could easily have 400 yards offense in total.

We will score on them. The game will be a shootout and come down to penalties, turnovers, and a few big plays.

Usually, all of those things go the way of the Gators when we play them.

They will always have talent; this year is no different.
Yep. Spot on.

Not if we win next week at Pitt. They haven't seen an Offense like ours plus the game is in Neyland. We will be favored

You may be one of the most disappointed on this board if we drop one of these games. You are sh*t talking something fierce.

Here’s hoping you can bow your chest out after week 4.

Reactions: 08Vol
Florida had the home field advantage and Utah didn’t have the athletes to keep up with Florida. The Utah quarterback just threw a bad ball on the last play. I think Tennessee has the athletes to compete with Florida and our offense will wear them down if they don’t start faking injuries. Billy Napier turned down his home state school twice so screw him and his sellout Saban loving a*s!
He is from Georgia not tn to the best of my knowledge his dad coached Murray Co High school for years when they were good he played here and then went to furman. I wish he would have came to tn before Pruitt was thought of but he turned down a bunch of nice jobs to get the one he really wanted. As far as perigee he has probably the best out there from who all he has worked under.

Just saw that y’all said he was born in Cookeville didn’t know that he is a good bit older than me his brother graduated w me.

He is from Georgia not tn to the best of my knowledge his dad coached Murray Co High school for years when they were good he played here and then went to furman. I wish he would have came to tn before Pruitt was thought of but he turned down a bunch of nice jobs to get the one he really wanted. As far as perigee he has probably the best out there from who all he has worked under.
He was born in Cookeville

Reactions: Jdw2920
So comical we declared Gators inept etc before the first snap of season. I thought they looked really good tonight against a good team. If Richardson continues to play like he did tonight….we’ll have our hands full!

247 did article on roster talent they were still significantly ahead of us

Reactions: 08Vol and tennrich1
He was born in Cookeville lol

You may be one of the most disappointed on this board if we drop one of these games. You are sh*t talking something fierce.

Here’s hoping you can bow your chest out after week 4.

For the first time in forever I'm not expecting to loose. Heup is the reason for that. We have the talent to win both and we finally have a leader that won't be outcoached. That's the difference

A couple things I noticed may have had an impact on the Utah loss making the Gator look somewhat better than they were. The D line was smallish compared to SEC D lines. The heat and humidity got to them in the 4th quarter, and they left Richardson absolutely alone. should have put a spy on him. Florida's Offense was stoppable when the D kept their gap integrity. Some other things but I don't want to make this a long read. I'll close on this, if the Vol DB's don't improve by week 4 it will cost us the game. I'm know we can win but every guy on the team will have to do his job without fail.

Richardson is a true dual threat quarterback. That has been tough for this Tennessee defense. But, Utah had problems schematicly on defense and had poor fundamentals. We tackled well this week. I still think we have a better offense than Utah as well.

I didn't think they looked all that good...Utah missed more tackles than they made it appeared at times...I can count several times they had UF beat in the backfield and let them get loose...Utah gave the game away with 2 inside the redzone screwups...Tennessee will kill them with the passing game...Containing Richardson could be a chore but I still feel we are the better team this time around...I guess next week will tell us a lot about what we actually have here.

One game does not a season make.

Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt each got a win in year 1 against a team probably better than this Utah team.

Nice win for the Gators but I’ll wait for a larger sample size before declaring they’re back and that we shouldn’t even bother to take the field because we don’t stand a chance.

Florida is a one man band. Their entire team hinges on how Richardson plays. You have to contain him if you want to win. They have some pretty decent talent at WR and RB, but certainly not anything extraordinary by SEC standards.

Utah certainly had their chances. Messed up two opportunities in goal to go situations. Obviously you can't do that if we expect to beat them. Utah was also able to run very well on them, with 229 yards on 39 carries (5.9 ypc). I also think Utah just doesn't have very much talent at WR, so they're a little limited through the air. They mainly went to the tight ends, who had great success against those Florida linebackers. Their WRs caught all of 6 passes for 51 yards for reference.

We have some many more capable athletes than Utah does at the skill positions, so that should help us. I just don't think the Florida defense will be all that great this year, offense will probably be hit or miss depending on Richardson. They really don't through the ball down field a ton, mainly relying on the short game tonight with a few down the field. Richardson faced pretty consistent pressure all night, but he was able to elude or simply break tackles against them all night. We can't let that happen.

1st game. lots of positives. several negatives.

This kind of statement is usually reactionary and over the top, but it's the first Florida football game I've ever seen that a Florida defensive lineman didn't make a play all night.

That was the most concerning thing I saw. I don't know what to make of the back 7 because the front 4 got mauled.

Most impressive thing was that with a new staff, everyone looked like they knew what they were doing.
Yall won't win the east or anything, but I wouldn't be worried about the game against us. Yall will beat us just like you do most every year.

Reactions: 08Vol
Hooker will need to escape the pocket their quarterback for Utah was able to gash the defense I saw, we definitely need to incorporate some qb draws.

Reactions: volrush77

VN Store

Back