Florida better than expected?

We won’t have the ball very much since we won’t be able to stop them.
Home field advantage is worth 7 points. Rivalry game. High powered offense. Utah had 1 receiver that burned Florida all night. We have 2 if not 3 that Florida has to worry about. Defense will pick it up a notch as I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised after next weekends game.

If Florida Wins next week and we pull of the win we should both be ranked inside top 15 when we meet. They may be better than people were predicting.

the Gators are always going to have talent. How good or bad they are always comes down to what their staff can do with them... they have players..

See I’m not sure we have a good enough run game. I think of us as a passing team way more than running team.
Yeah we have 2 good backs and who knows what Sampson could be behind our 1st String O-line. If we have success on the ground like Utah did, our passing game is better than Utahs with better qb and better receivers.

They gave up a lot of yards on the ground. That’s a recipe for disaster against us.
Yup our Offense will pour it on their D. It is going to be a boat race and that's exactly what we want. They don't have horses to keep up for 4 quarters

Reactions: Alto1
Great...Florida has a better than most mobile Quarterback...yeah...

200.gif

Yeah we have 2 good backs and who knows what Sampson could be behind our 1st String O-line. If we have success on the ground like Utah did, our passing game is better than Utahs with better qb and better receivers.
Our OL would have to play much better to look like that Utah line. We had very little push against Ball State and Florida is in another league.

Not to mention Utah left 14 points on that field tonight. If Utah can gash them there's no reason we can't too.

A couple things I noticed may have had an impact on the Utah loss making the Gator look somewhat better than they were. The D line was smallish compared to SEC D lines. The heat and humidity got to them in the 4th quarter, and they left Richardson absolutely alone. should have put a spy on him. Florida's Offense was stoppable when the D kept their gap integrity. Some other things but I don't want to make this a long read. I'll close on this, if the Vol DB's don't improve by week 4 it will cost us the game. I'm know we can win but every guy on the team will have to do his job without fail.

Napier looks like he knows how to coach and they have talent. I think Florida will be favored when they come to Knoxville.
Not if we win next week at Pitt. They haven't seen an Offense like ours plus the game is in Neyland. We will be favored

Last edited:
Reactions: Alto1
Richardson will light up our defense. He will run at will. If he comes up with a good passing game (and he looks capable) he will have a coming out party against our defense. He could easily have 400 yards offense in total.

We will score on them. The game will be a shootout and come down to penalties, turnovers, and a few big plays.

Usually, all of those things go the way of the Gators when we play them.

They will always have talent; this year is no different.

Florida had the home field advantage and Utah didn’t have the athletes to keep up with Florida. The Utah quarterback just threw a bad ball on the last play. I think Tennessee has the athletes to compete with Florida and our offense will wear them down if they don’t start faking injuries. Billy Napier turned down his home state school twice so screw him and his sellout Saban loving a*s!

I'm more concerned with Pitt. I always count UF as a loss until we prove otherwise but Pitt is going to be a load as well. Hate to even consider the possibility, but I think we drop both games.
What exactly did Pitt and Florida show you that makes you believe that?

Reactions: UTblood4life
If Florida Wins next week and we pull of the win we should both be ranked inside top 15 when we meet. They may be better than people were predicting.
I think Richardson had 100+ yards we just don’t matchup with QBs. that run. Our D is just not able to contain, I only see us out scoring them. Will be a game like Ole Miss I predict. Could go either way.

VN Store

Back