Just how big is the Pitt game next Saturday?

100 percent, you just told me you have zero knowledge on Pitt whatsoever. Do a little research and gain some insight. Very well coached, disciplined, athletic, they check the boxes just because they aren’t in the sec doesn’t exclude them from being a good unit.
The match up between our oline and their front 7, along with their receivers and our dbs is going to decide the game.
Big game for us!!

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Really big, considering Pitt's ridiculous schedule. If UT is their only blemish, after getting by WVU, they have a real shot at 11-1.

100 percent, you just told me you have zero knowledge on Pitt whatsoever. Do a little research and gain some insight. Very well coached, disciplined, athletic, they check the boxes just because they aren’t in the sec doesn’t exclude them from being a good unit.
The match up between our oline and their front 7, along with their receivers and our dbs is going to decide the game.
Big game for us!!
I agree it is a big game. I also agree that they are well coached and athletic. However your claim I have zero knowledge of them what so ever is wild. I also watched them last night for one game struggle against a average at best WVU team like your expert eyes did. So slow you Pitt hype train.

I think it’s very big for momentum. Pitt is better than a lot of people on here think. It will be a tough game IMO. I will be there in all my orange!

Reactions: Sarms58
If we lose, it would suck, obviously. But as far as importance compared to the other games on the schedule, not very high on the list for me. Every SEC game is more important for me, even Vandy.

If we win, it sets us on the fast track to a special season. First road win against a ranked opponent in forever. It would definitely have me thinking things are starting to change around here for real.

I agree it is a big game. I also agree that they are well coached and athletic. However your claim I have zero knowledge of them what so ever is wild. I also watched them last night for one game struggle against a average at best WVU team like your expert eyes did. So slow you Pitt hype train.
What defense line outside of Alabama and Georgia would you say is better then Pittsburg?? I’m just stating it’s going to be a measuring game for our oline. If we can handle Pittsburg d line I don’t see why we couldn’t handle any team outside of bama and Georgia would you not agree with that?

If we lose, it would suck, obviously. But as far as importance compared to the other games on the schedule, not very high on the list for me. Every SEC game is more important for me, even Vandy.

^^^ Says game is not very important.

If we win, it sets us on the fast track to a special season. First road win against a ranked opponent in forever. It would definitely have me thinking things are starting to change around here for real.

^^^ Then says how monumentally important it is.

Haha. I'm just messing with you. I know what you mean. Have to take care of business in conference too.

Looks like Vols ticked up a little today from -3.5 to -4.5.
A couple capper have us @ -6.5 as well, but the majority is steady @ -3.5. . . I think we'll see it start making a move when betting picks up after this weekend's slate.

TN has to beat Pitt to show it’s turning the program around, imo. Our defense concerns me though as we continue to give receivers a five yard cushion.

Hopefully we can get the Dub!
I believe coach Heupel has already turned the program around… Big Time. Beating Pitt tells the country it’s a new day in Big Orange Country.. NOW. If we lose, in an otherwise good game, I believe it says we’re coming… just not there yet, in the second week of Coach’s second season.

Miami, Ohio St., LSU, Clemson. Just off the top of my head.

I think it's huge. Sets the entire tone for the season. Puts the nation on notice. We probably trade places with Pitt and get in top 20. Makes the Florida game bigger 2 weeks later. We win next week we could easily be 4-0 going to LSU. Then, not to look too far ahead, but you get by LSU and you're 5-0 (ranked 8-12) playing likely #1 Alabama at home.

If we want to make significant strides this season, I think winning @ Pitt will go a long way towards that. The next one is always the most important but this game is a HUGE HUGE HUGE tone setter.
This is a make or break game for TN. Lose it & we’re looking at 7-5, win 9-3. Looking at difference between Liberty & a FL bowl.

Honestly, this game is probably the difference between taking a step in win total or similar results as last year. If we win this one and Florida we are in great shape heading down the stretch of the season.

We are really, really thin at rb and linebacker I feel. We really need to stay healthy.

I believe coach Heupel has already turned the program around… Big Time. Beating Pitt tells the country it’s a new day in Big Orange Country.. NOW. If we lose, in an otherwise good game, I believe it says we’re coming… just not there yet, in the second week of Coach’s second season.
We need this in a major way. Tells fans & recruits were heading in the right direction. Lose puts us back 2 more seasons.

Next weekend is big. It’s 3:30 on ABC, National Televised network game, we can make a statement with this one.

I want to kick Narduzzi’s ass. I’m tired of his schtick.
Yes ,yes, and yes! After almost two yrs Im already tired hearing about Pitt. Some people think they are a playoff team...right. They are good , but they aint that good.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back