What’s your alma mater? (High School)

High school or college?
I've heard of problems at the college level. Also transfering 3 qtr hours to a University that was on semesters. Ouch!
Worked ok for electives or a full school year.
High school

Agree.

The worst for me is Gate City. The field was ok, but The parking there is horrible
I went once when South played GC. It was ok, but kinda awful at the same time. There wasn't anywhere close to enough seating and with home fans sitting on the away side things were cramped.

Reactions: vols 30
I always hated DB's, with their quasi baseball field on one end. Stone castle was a site to see and play in though.
As a fan I hated their stadium because there was never enough seating, with them putting their band on the visitors side. Although that was done just to keep visiting fans away.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
My niece/goddaughter was on the Lady Ads basketball team back around then. I used to drive over from the Boro for games and ring a cowbell every time she scored.

I am a Cleveland Blue Raider, Class of 77.

DBq79sTV0AACBUb.jpg

Last edited:
My niece/goddaughter was on the Lady Ads basketball team back around then. I used to drive over from the Boro for games and ring a cowbell every time she scored.

I am a Cleveland Blue Raider, Class of 77.
Mind sharing her name?

al·ma ma·ter
[ˌälmə ˈmädər]

NOUN
(one's alma mater)
  1. the school, college, or university that one once attended:
    "he started teaching at his alma mater"
    synonyms:
    educational institution · center of learning · academy · college · phrontistery
    • the anthem of a school, college, or university.

This thread cites high school. I don't have feelings of fidelity to my high schools. I don't think of either as my alma mater. After finally completing requirements for a diploma from my second high school, I was searching for a college that would award me the grants, loans, and scholarships for which I qualified. Some told me that there was no money for me. Two told me that they would inform me of their decision mere weeks before I'd be required to report for Fall term. The University of Tennessee not only accepted me, they gave me a decision on my financial aid application within weeks of my submission, adding $500 from the general scholarship fund. I was able to attend and earn a BSBA. UT has my fidelity. I proudly call it my alma mater.

Farragut class of 03. How often can you tell people that you grew up in the south yet your high school is named after a union warfighter

Reactions: Go aeiou

VN Store

Back