‘23 AL WDE Tomarrion Parker (Clemson commit)

Cameron Miller was recruited as a WR too and is now playing defense. Things change, and with the DL class we already have plus potentially adding Parker/Hobbs and maybe Davis his best chance at faster PT might be at OT
You just don’t get it do you? Garner wants him on Dline, he’s playing on Dline. Kid has said he’s being recruited for Dline, will be playing Dline.

Dear lord idk why I bother. I can’t imagine getting anything of use out of your posts going forward.

You just don’t get it do you? Garner wants him on Dline, he’s playing on Dline. Kid has said he’s being recruited for Dline, will be playing Dline.

Dear lord idk why I bother. I can’t imagine getting anything of use out of your posts going forward.
I’m sure he does want him at DL. He’s a great DL, but if we sign 2-3 more DL in this class that are arguably better players and no OTs (which at this moment looks like a VERY good possibility) it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he ends up on offense. Also Rodney Garner isn’t the HC

I’m sure he does want him at DL. He’s a great DL, but if we sign 2-3 more DL in this class that are arguably better players and no OTs (which at this moment looks like a VERY good possibility) it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he ends up on offense. Also Rodney Garner isn’t the HC

Rodney Garner is the POSITION coach.

If he wants him on the defensive line, then that’s where he’ll be!

So if EDGE players are basically like a WDE in our system (but maybe no hand in the ground?), then are traditional WDEs more like SDEs or 2-down WDEs?

And traditional SDEs are more like a smaller DT?

Or am I overthinking it? Trying to understand how EDGE vs WDEs play out in this nickel system.

So if EDGE players are basically like a WDE in our system (but maybe no hand in the ground?), then are traditional WDEs more like SDEs or 2-down WDEs?

And traditional SDEs are more like a smaller DT?

Or am I overthinking it? Trying to understand how EDGE vs WDEs play out in this nickel system.
Edge—> Leo = WDE
WDE—> SDE
SDE—> DT
Garner likes his DTs to be around 300 pounds now wouldn’t be surprised to see Robinson and Duncan be DTs

His commitment would put us at 9th and would be top-10 any of the last 3 years...still with spots to burn (of course everyone will for the next 2 years...will be interesting to watch).

Reactions: jakez4ut
Rodney Garner is the POSITION coach.

If he wants him on the defensive line, then that’s where he’ll be!
A lot of respected opinions believe Duncan’s ceiling at OT is much much higher than at DL. Duncan is starting at Dl because that’s where he wants to start. I think he eventually turns out to be a stud on the OL, but what do I know

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Edge—> Leo = WDE
WDE—> SDE
SDE—> DT
Garner likes his DTs to be around 300 pounds now wouldn’t be surprised to see Robinson and Duncan be DTs

You lost me here with all these arrows. Edge would be both DEs (WDE and SDE), Leo is just the name of the weak side guy in our scheme

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Full quote:

“I would slightly lean towards the Vols at this time, but Clemson may make a push and Florida is still very much involved.”
-Chad Simmons.
With Clemson and especially Florida booked at DT, you'd think we are in a good spot here. Our only hope on the defensive side of the ball this class.

So where does Tennessee go from here? They are going to focus heavily on the defensive line and offensive tackle. Tennessee is positioned well with Tomarrion Parker who de-committed from Penn State over a week ago. Rodney Garner was on the phone with him very quickly and the Vols have had incredible dialogue all week. Clemson offered this week and that is very intriguing to him because he knows Peter Woods and Christopher Vizzina but he has solid ties to Knoxville.
-VQ

Just the fact White aggressively pursued JF for this job tells me these guys aren’t near as smart as we think they are.

Even the best GMs miss on first round picks sometimes. If he hits big on 50% of his hires, he’s an amazing AD

Just the fact White aggressively pursued JF for this job tells me these guys aren’t near as smart as we think they are.

Why? Franklin was as close to a home run as UT could’ve landed at the time. Especially with his recruiting ties to the area. As much damage as Pruitt did to instate recruiting relations, JF would’ve been the perfect guy to repair them, as he was loved while recruiting the state for Vandy. He also has recruiting ties to all the surrounding states that UT recruits, plus the ones he’s developed in Ohio and the Midwest since becoming the Penn State coach.

Not liking him personally doesn’t mean it was dumb to pursue him.

Why? Franklin was as close to a home run as UT could’ve landed at the time. Especially with his recruiting ties to the area. As much damage as Pruitt did to instate recruiting relations, JF would’ve been the perfect guy to repair them, as he was loved while recruiting the state for Vandy. He also has recruiting ties to all the surrounding states that UT recruits, plus the ones he’s developed in Ohio and the Midwest since becoming the Penn State coach.

Not liking him personally doesn’t mean it was dumb to pursue him.

Franklin was neck deep in the Vandy rape case & about a lowlife as there is IMO. The DA protected him & Vanderbilt not to expose in court what many knew.Most Vanderbilt fans I know where glad to see him go. Now, the replacements have been a disaster but at least they’re not on the front page anymore.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Maybe, maybe not. As the new guy on the block he may have felt the need to extend some TACTICAL feelers out there for our HC job. If he did not PUBLICLY approach some folks on the commonly accepted A list ANY decision he made would be more suspect by INQUIRING MINDS among our VOL fanbase. Bet he got some hot tips from his Dad on how to approach the entire situation.

He always knew a guy he could fall back to and given the circumstances hiring a guy with any SUSPECT character issues, like the one's associated with Franklin would put us at a risk that needed to be avoided. Franklin has proven himself to be a good coach, but is not on the high character list.

Maybe, maybe not. As the new guy on the block he may have felt the need to extend some TACTICAL feelers out there for our HC job. If he did not PUBLICLY approach some folks on the commonly accepted A list ANY decision he made would be more suspect by INQUIRING MINDS among our VOL fanbase. Bet he got some hot tips from his Dad on how to approach the entire situation.

He always knew a guy he could fall back to and given the circumstances hiring a guy with any SUSPECT character issues, like the one's associated with Franklin would put us at a risk that needed to be avoided. Franklin has proven himself to be a good coach, but is not on the high character list.

His act has a very short shelf life. He wore out his welcome at Vandy despite having the 3 best years they've had since WWII and he appears to be doing the same at PS. If he doesnt make something happen this season, I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave for another "restart"

VN Store

Back