Roe vs Wade Overturned

You're saying that there are pro-choice people out there who would admit that abortion is murder? That's...interesting.

As far as I know, they all claim that it is not murder. That's how they rationalize it. That'd be quite something for a pro-choicer to say "Yeah, it's murder, but the woman should be allowed commit one if she doesn't want the child." I've never heard any of them claim that.

I remember a pro-abortion friend's words so distinctly that I can quote her verbatim thirty years later:

"I don't care if it is murder...it's still my body."

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
No, until it's actually born it is a potential person.

I cannot kill you, but your existence doesn't endanger mine or force me to take responsibility for your life.

No, "potential" means hypothetical. No one schedules or commits abortions on ideas. Actual living entities' lives are "terminated...with extreme prejudice."

I'm a "potential" NBA All-Star, but it hasn't happened yet, and I've been waiting for almost seven decades for that to happen. On the other hand, billions of examples from everyday human experiences observed in even the most primitive, "unscientific" societies have demonstrated that the pregnancy usually results in a live birth of a human.

That's not "potential." That's factual, observable, data-driven reality. Science, not magic or superstition...or propaganda.

No, "potential" means hypothetical. No one schedules or commits abortions on ideas. Actual living entities' lives are "terminated...with extreme prejudice."

I'm a "potential" NBA All-Star, but it hasn't happened yet, and I've been waiting for almost seven decades for that to happen. On the other hand, billions of examples from everyday human experiences observed in even the most primitive, "unscientific" societies have demonstrated that the pregnancy usually results in a live birth of a human.

That's not "potential." That's factual, observable, data-driven reality. Science, not magic or superstition...or propaganda.

Until a live birth occurs it is potential. Many a slip between the cup and lip.

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
"State's Rights" falls apart when you think about it. Should some American citizens be less than others?

That’s not what state’s rights means at all. But good try. It means the citizens of those states have a right to self govern.

Or do you think the smaller states should just have to go along with the majority of the country regardless?

Do y'all not believe in equal rights?

Of course. I’m just not convinced you know what equal rights means. It doesn’t mean if people in California can $### in the streets, so can you.

It means if you $### in the streets, the law should you the same as anyone else who does so within that jurisdiction

Last edited:
That’s not what state’s rights means at all. But good try. It means the citizens of those states have a right to self govern.

Or do you think the smaller states should just have to go along with the majority of the country regardless?
States should, and do, largely manage their own affairs. But some things should transcend "state's rights", like equality and equal rights. Should states be allowed to discriminate against any group they wish?

States should, and do, largely manage their own affairs. But some things should transcend "state's rights", like equality and equal rights. Should states be allowed to discriminate against any group they wish?
The only protections for "all" are those outlined by the constitution. Everything else up to the state. So my position in gay marriage, for example, is that the feds shouldn't be involved in marriage. States can do what they want with it. Now I also believe gov has no business in marriage at all.

VN Store

Back