Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

They were close off the field. Typically many of these girls only have 1-2 true friends off the field, not acquittances which is the majority. Anna and her were extremely close, roommates, faith to even having local family at games to support Amanda. I'm sure Amanda also saw the writing on the wall in regards to playing time/AB.

Acquittances? The word is "acquaintances," fyi.

I will give an opinion . At the time she committed and up until she lost her best friend to suicide she was going to make a big difference with her bat the best i remember . Without looking anything up she had to be one of the top catchers in the land. This and the distance to Cali was too much to overcome i think. That is just my memory thoughts!
I just thought about it. I was watching highlights of our super regional against A&M in 2017 and tbh that one hurt the most. I figured if we had Aldrete behind the plate which was a better offensive option than Lockman what the outcome would have been.

Reactions: orange beard
Random thought: do you guys think that we could've made a WCWS if Annie Aldrete stayed at UT?

Well, they did make the WCWS with her in 2015. If you're taking about 2016 and 2017, it really depends on how dialed in she was. She didn't hit as well as a sophomore as she did as a freshman while mourning her friend and feeling pulled back toward home. She didn't have great numbers at Cal after she left, but you saw flashes of what she had done here.

I don't think she would have made enough difference in 2016 because that came down to just being out of pitching once Gaffin broke her arm in the SEC Tournament. Once that happened, it was just Gabriel and Moss, who were both also dealing with injuries. Maybe her bat keeps UT out of the loser's bracket in the Arizona game in the regional, but it still would have been a tougher road, considering you didn't have Gaffin's bat either.

In 2017, if properly motivated, she could have provided that one more hit to get UT over the hump and our of Supers.

Well, they did make the WCWS with her in 2015. If you're taking about 2016 and 2017, it really depends on how dialed in she was. She didn't hit as well as a sophomore as she did as a freshman while mourning her friend and feeling pulled back toward home. She didn't have great numbers at Cal after she left, but you saw flashes of what she had done here.

I don't think she would have made enough difference in 2016 because that came down to just being out of pitching once Gaffin broke her arm in the SEC Tournament. Once that happened, it was just Gabriel and Moss, who were both also dealing with injuries. Maybe her bat keeps UT out of the loser's bracket in the Arizona game in the regional, but it still would have been a tougher road, considering you didn't have Gaffin's bat either.

In 2017, if properly motivated, she could have provided that one more hit to get UT over the hump and our of Supers.
Gaffin is one of the most underated/appreciated players in UT history.

Columbia blue looks so much better as an accent color against the orange than black. Good to see it make a reemergence!

Reemergence? It never emerged in the first place--and why would it have? It's never been a UT color except in the LV logo, which never made sense. The Vols, including Summitt's teams, never used this soft blue in a uniform, except maybe in barely noticeable trim in a couple of past uniforms apparently. The athletic department is calling this "legacy" when there really is no legacy. It's rather odd, but it is something to get excited about for those many fans who still dwell on the 1980s.

Reemergence? It never emerged in the first place--and why would it have? It's never been a UT color except in the LV logo, which never made sense. The Vols, including Summitt's teams, never used this soft blue in a uniform, except maybe in barely noticeable trim in a couple of past uniforms apparently. The athletic department is calling this "legacy" when there really is no legacy. It's rather odd, but it is something to get excited about for those many fans who still dwell on the 1980s.
The ignorance is astounding.

You really are some kind of stupid! Maybe you should pay a little more attention to details! Even the men used Columbia blue as an accent color during the Ray Mears’ years.
Lose your unfounded attitude! It is really not very becoming!!

Columbia blue looks so much better as an accent color against the orange than black. Good to see it make a reemergence!

Unfortunately, going by the soccer team pictures of their new uniforms, the blue will not be just an accent color, but the color of the uniform, like North Carolina or Florida.

If you watched our football and baseball teams last year, it was hard to sometimes even recognize them as being Tennessee. I hate seeing our Tennessee team on national tv dressed in some gimmick color, it’s embarrassing. That’s what’s happening here. They’ve also changed the name Columbia blue, to “legacy Summitt” blue, so we’ll accept seeing our Tennessee womens’ teams, in other teams’ colors.

AD White may be good for Tennessee, he brought a new football Coach I like, and he got credit for different Tennessee teams’ success that were going to do well anyway, but I do not believe AD White has any respect for Tennessee traditions, from cancelling the Army game in football, to changing the colors our teams wear from orange and white, to something else.

GO BIG ORANGE!!! There are reasons we say this.

Last edited:
Here are just a few examples of the uniforms over the years. I would hardly call the Columbia blue barely noticeable!
Educate yourself before you speak next time; maybe you won’t look so ignorant!

Attachments

• 5AB6B195-BF75-4D78-90C6-1C85958472BB.jpeg
    5AB6B195-BF75-4D78-90C6-1C85958472BB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 456B0DC6-1E6A-46AA-B920-9C5FA177E1E0.jpeg
    456B0DC6-1E6A-46AA-B920-9C5FA177E1E0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • 3AC847A5-8C1E-4549-AC3A-C8D7A2B3C6FD.jpeg
    3AC847A5-8C1E-4549-AC3A-C8D7A2B3C6FD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 406E424C-5F40-4080-A86F-B91EA44716C5.jpeg
    406E424C-5F40-4080-A86F-B91EA44716C5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • B5A4D7AB-CBD1-4B63-B9EB-23FDA0B21B2F.jpeg
    B5A4D7AB-CBD1-4B63-B9EB-23FDA0B21B2F.jpeg
    956.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 84BCA111-8B67-447C-B96A-64235E8200A4.jpeg
    84BCA111-8B67-447C-B96A-64235E8200A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 87F1EB12-CD4B-4AE5-A8A0-E1658ED02268.jpeg
    87F1EB12-CD4B-4AE5-A8A0-E1658ED02268.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Tell me you never watched a Lady Vol Basketball game without telling me you never watched a Lady Vol basketball game.

Outside of the first Nike design from 2015-2020, the Lady Vol Basketball uniforms featured blue outlines on the names and numbers, as well as prominent trim and accents on the jerseys and shorts literally every year from 1968 until the present.

37D3FE7C-723B-416A-9D94-D3FC8D7984BD.jpeg

Talk about a lot of angst over nothing…and being wrong on top of that. One of my memories of watching Pat Summitt’s teams was that the blue was prominently included as part of the uniforms (as many have shown in the pictures posted above).

Plus, look at the Lady Vol logo…the colors are orange, white AND blue. So, it is not a stretch to have blue uniforms on occasion. Especially if done to honor the great Coach Summitt. As long as UT Womens’ teams play under the separate Lady Vols banner (and we could really stir up a hornet’s nest on here by starting that debate)*, blue is one of the colors.

*I graduated in 90 and am part of the older crowd, but I actually would prefer that the school drop the Lady Vols moniker and logo…and ALL teams play as Volunteers. But, I certainly understand the legacy and the arguments to keep it. And, it’s not worth wasting any emotional energy over the issue.

"Barely noticeable"

ghows-GA-fdced407-fa36-42c9-aefb-c99de3529e59-1b9231c7.jpeg

VN Store

Back