Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anybody have any suggestions on what to do about a 4ft rat snake that crawled from my master bedroom into the bathroom and into a void in the vanity toe kick? I've sealed that up but I don't think that's how it got in?

Any and all suggestions will be considered !!!
Quit bringing snakes to the bedroom. Not kink shaming, just solving problems.

So does anybody have any suggestions on what to do about a 4ft rat snake that crawled from my master bedroom into the bathroom and into a void in the vanity toe kick? I've sealed that up but I don't think that's how it got in?

tumblr_ooo5wnIKB81qmob6ro1_500.gifv

I am still at 7-5. I've seen nothing that points to the defense being much better, from what I am picking up, it sounds like the D backfield will be even worse.

The defense is the key to 8+ win season, and we will just continue treading water until the defense as a whole greatly improves.

I hope several of these defensive backs get better real quick, but I am not banking on it.

It doesn't matter how much we score if we can't stop anybody.
If we are able rotate defensive players that will cause it to improve….defense wasn’t as bad as some make it out to be besides the kentucky and Purdue games…. Our weak second quarters will be fixed if the depth has improved…. Another big issue that we need clean up is our red zone offense… we were ranked in the mid 60’s compared to the rest of the nation…. Any type of improvement in those areas can lead to more wins…. Can’t wait for this season to start.Go Vols!

We not need "great" DB play to have a better season, ut we sure as hell have to have good DB play.

I'm not pumping sunshine just to make everybody feel good...if the guys we have don't get markedly better quickly, then our season will not be much different from last year.

I hope the switch turns on, but reports makes it sound like they are even worse as a whole...not better, nobody sounds to be stepping up, and that was what I was hoping to hear more than anything else.

I really hope I am wrong, and I hope they all step up and make me sound like a fool...I would love to eat that tasty crow buffet all year long.

🤷‍♂️
I hear you. We had veterans last year, so we knew what to expect. We have new names/faces this year. We won't know who the ballers are until they take the field.

We do have veterans up front that are apparently making strides.

I'd love to have great DLs AND great DBs, but if I had to choose one, I'd rather have an improved DL/pass rush than an improved secondary. I think the improved DL will make the DBs seem just as good or better than last year, even if the raw talent isn't better.

My biggest desire to see this season from our offense is to see us transition more into less of an up-tempo offense and more of a control the tempo offense.

If all you can do is go fast tempo you can get in situations where you're going 3 and out and putting your defense on the field longer and longer, which if you're scoring is less of an issue. But if you're an offense that can control tempo you can still effectively move the ball without needing the tempo to get defenses out of position.

At Missouri and at OU Heupel eventually was able to be more of a control the tempo offense instead of just up-tempo. So hoping as the talent gets better and more comfortable in the system we'll start to see it.

Reactions: bigorange

That's probably exactly where it came in. Any void big enough for a ratsnake that size to squeeze through is a void big enough for mice. It's following mice scent.

There's probably a gap around where the water/drain lines go under the house/into the crawl space. That's an area for mice to come into the house from below, and snakes to follow. So I'd say blocking that gap will at least prevent things from coming out into the living space.

This is the second year for this offensive system, lead by an experienced and successful QB. Tons of experience returning in the offense.

We know we are the 1st Quarter Boiz. We often ran out of gas in the second quarter, and it was a place that the opponent could at least stop the bleeding, often it was 15 minute period of them catching up.

If the offense is improved, and we can take the pace and pressure to the next level, we're looking more like Mizzou and SCar games, where the opponent found themselves in a shootout or a race.

When you're putting up a lot of points, the DL can pin their ears back.

If Garner is to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt his assessment, we have some vets on the DL that are improving. We have a rotation forming, we have more depth. If we have more depth, we have more energy, if we have more energy we can play harder up front, if we can play harder up front and we know that the opponent will have to pass more often, we can generate pressure. Pressure = mistakes. Mistakes that the secondary can capitalize on.

I don't think we'll be among the conference's elite. I do think that the defense can improve, if only incrementally from a statistical standpoint. But I do think that the defense will find more advantages this year.

With this offense, an extra turnover per game, or extra 1+ sack per game, can make a world of difference. I think we can find that.

Exactly what makes you think that? Pure blind hope? I don't base my expectations on hope.
we're relatively deep at safety, and i think you throw Turrentine (sp?) and Walker in at CB, you have built some depth and competition there.

and if the front 7 is any better at applying pressure on the QB, that at least provides some cushion so they don't have to cover as long as they may have had to last year at times.

doesn't mean we're going to shoot up to top 10 or 20 in pass defense or anything.....but what were we ranked last year in pass defense, we were 64th nationally in pass efficiency defense, giving up nearly 275 passing yards/game, which ranked 122nd in the country.

major improvement could simply moving in to the top 50 of either/both of those categories...lol.

Exactly what makes you think that? Pure blind hope? I don't base my expectations on hope.
The secondary got taken advantage of last year because we had to respect the QB scramble, or chase WRs for 3-5 seconds because we couldn't generate a pass rush. I think the pass rush will be improved.

We may not need "great" DB play to have a better season, but we sure as hell have to have good DB play.

I'm not pumping sunshine just to make everybody feel good...if the guys we have don't get markedly better quickly, then our season will not be much different from last year.

I hope the switch turns on, but reports makes it sound like they are even worse as a whole...not better, nobody sounds to be stepping up, and that was what I was hoping to hear more than anything else.

I really hope I am wrong, and I hope they all step up and make me sound like a fool...I would love to eat that tasty crow buffet all year long.

🤷‍♂️

Our DBs are going up against one of the top offenses in CFB everyday. Hopefully that's part of the equation. IDK.

This is the second year for this offensive system, lead by an experienced and successful QB. Tons of experience returning in the offense.

We know we are the 1st Quarter Boiz. We often ran out of gas in the second quarter, and it was a place that the opponent could at least stop the bleeding, often it was 15 minute period of them catching up.

If the offense is improved, and we can take the pace and pressure to the next level, we're looking more like Mizzou and SCar games, where the opponent found themselves in a shootout or a race.

When you're putting up a lot of points, the DL can pin their ears back.

If Garner is to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt his assessment, we have some vets on the DL that are improving. We have a rotation forming, we have more depth. If we have more depth, we have more energy, if we have more energy we can play harder up front, if we can play harder up front and we know that the opponent will have to pass more often, we can generate pressure. Pressure = mistakes. Mistakes that the secondary can capitalize on.

I don't think we'll be among the conference's elite. I do think that the defense can improve, if only incrementally from a statistical standpoint. But I do think that the defense will find more advantages this year.

With this offense, an extra turnover per game, or extra 1+ sack per game, can make a world of difference. I think we can find that.
We also rotated in back ups the second quarter so they could rest and played the starters the majority of the second half…. I feel that improved depth will help us not be so horrible in the second quarter.

That's probably exactly where it came in. Any void big enough for a ratsnake that size to squeeze through is a void big enough for mice. It's following mice scent.

There's probably a gap around where the water/drain lines go under the house/into the crawl space. That's an area for mice to come into the house from below, and snakes to follow. So I'd say blocking that gap will at least prevent things from coming out into the living space.
This is probably a better first step than the caddy shack approach.

We may not need "great" DB play to have a better season, but we sure as hell have to have good DB play.

🤷‍♂️

To be fair anyone thinking we'd go into fall camp after losing Theo and AT while also having Hadden banged up and be better as a whole was being delusional.

I think 7-5 or 8-4 is still a pretty realistic outlook on the season. I actually think LSU despite everything they've gone through will be a tough game to win. Florida is Florida and I'm hoping Heupel is the coach that kind of finally breaks the mental block that team seems to give us. But I'm always a "wait and see" with the Gators, regardless of how good we are/should be or how bad they are/should be.

Then Georgia/Alabama are just losses in my book, winning either game is gonna be an upset to me. That's 4 games we could realistically lose... and I'd have toss-up written beside Kentucky & Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back