Coaches on the hot seat

I feel bad for Nebraska and Frost. That seems like a hopeless situation. We know that Frost can coach (offense in particular); it seems like if he isn't capable of turning them around, nobody can.
I know why both parties felt like this was a great move for both, but the pressure/expectations had to be off the charts. Sometimes, while you can go home, it's better to not to. Wonder if he'll get another shot somewhere else and if he does, I will be interested to see how his career progresses. A reset in a new environment might be the best thing for him...and Nebraska.

Jimbo is untouchable for a long time. A&M would owe him over $80 million if they fired him after this season.
Gumbo's making too much for Sumlin type results. Folks on Texags are saying NY6 bowl or better this year or Fisher will be gone by the end of next season. Another loss to Mike Leach won't help Fisher's cause any either. It's a long time from now to the end of next season though.

Gumbo's making too much for Sumlin type results. Folks on Texags are saying NY6 bowl or better this year or Fisher will be gone by the end of next season. Another loss to Mike Leach won't help Fisher's cause any either. It's a long time from now to the end of next season though.
They have a ton of money, but they aren't going to pay $80m to make a coach who has not been terrible go away. Who could they bring in that would be better?

They have a ton of money, but they aren't going to pay $80m to make a coach who has not been terrible go away. Who could they bring in that would be better?
That's the $80m question. Doesn't seem to be an established HC in sight but maybe they will follow the OU model. Switzer, Stoops, Riley and now Brent Venables were highly successful coordinators before becoming HC at Oklahoma.

That's the $80m question. Doesn't seem to be an established HC in sight but maybe they will follow the OU model. Switzer, Stoops, Riley and now Brent Venables were highly successful coordinators before becoming HC at Oklahoma.
I don’t think they’re going to settle for anything other than a slam dunk if they move off of Jimbo. I’m sure they are feeling threatened w/ OU and Texas coming into the conference and they want to be a position of power when they arrive. I cannot imagine the pressure in Aggieland right now . They have an opportunity to be in a great spot when Saban finally leaves, and w/ uncertainty at LSU and OU and Texas getting their feet wet. Now has to be the time for Jimbo to get his $hit together.

Jimbo sucks. J. Winston is the only reason he has any panache.........

I think it was really something where he took a redone buyout (i.e., less money) to stay on. He must really want to stay there. Lots of other coaches in that position would probably go "No, if you don't like what I'm doing, just fire me. I'm getting my full buyout."
I think him being an Alumni has a lot to do with that.

I don’t think they’re going to settle for anything other than a slam dunk if they move off of Jimbo. I’m sure they are feeling threatened w/ OU and Texas coming into the conference and they want to be a position of power when they arrive. I cannot imagine the pressure in Aggieland right now . They have an opportunity to be in a great spot when Saban finally leaves, and w/ uncertainty at LSU and OU and Texas getting their feet wet. Now has to be the time for Jimbo to get his $hit together.
I'm not sure how much Gary Patterson moves the needle but he's available. He comes with strong recruiting ties in Texas and Louisiana. He will be a defensive analyst for Texas this season.

Jimbo is untouchable for a long time. A&M would owe him over $80 million if they fired him after this season.
$80m is chump change for rich oil men that paid half a billion dollars to remodel a dump. Have you seen the price of gasoline lately?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I'm not sure how much Gary Patterson moves the needle but he's available. He comes with strong recruiting ties in Texas and Louisiana. He will be a defensive analyst for Texas this season.
Urban. But doubt he would come back to the SEC. But I could see one of the Texas schools throwing enough cash around to make it interesting for Urban.

Reactions: BUBear
Nebraska screwed the pooch when they fired Bo Pelini...

He was crass, boorish and said whatever came to his mind. But the man was keeping it respectable at Nebraska.
I’m calling it now that Scott Frost will survive this season and be HFC at Nebraska next year.

Rdu Bold take #1 for this season.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back