I Received My Paper Tickets In The Mail Today!

I hate paper tickets. I’m surprised UT has held on to them this long. I don’t think I’ve been to an event using a paper ticket in 8-10 years, other than UT games. It’s like going back in time.

My season tickets are in my UT athletics app, I don’t have a LAN line, and I don’t use a fax machine. Because 21st century.

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
I hate paper tickets. I’m surprised UT has held on to them this long. I don’t think I’ve been to an event using a paper ticket in 8-10 years, other than UT games. It’s like going back in time.

My season tickets are in my UT athletics app, I don’t have a LAN line, and I don’t use a fax machine. Because 21st century.

Bird, ticket in hand is better than bird ticket in bush internet.;)

I love paper tickets because after the game they become a souvenir of the event. I am not opposed to e-tickets, I just like the tangible evidence that I was there.

To your point I haven't been issued a paper ticket for much else other than UT Football that I recall.

However, memories are tied to those old paper tickets for my family and I.

We can look at that ticket, see the section/row/seat #, date and opponent and with that physical reminder the memories of that day come alive - the sentimental value attached to that paper ticket looking back and remembering the day in detail is probably what I will miss.

Yeah, back in November when I initially made the purchase, I had requested paper tickets as well. This week the digital tickets came, then the paper tickets came in. What are your thought? Based on what they sent, it's pretty obvious they desperately want to get away from the paper. Lol

Agreed. We are very underwhelmed at the tickets. If they knew fans weren't going to be able to use them for admission and they were only souvenir tickets and that this could be the last year they even produce them, they should have spent a little more time/effort at their production. They look like they printed them on their inkjet printer in the business office. Nothing like the glossy picture tickets in nice bound booklets of the past. I got the feeling that at the last minute they said 'Oh crap - we have to send these people paper tickets.' and that's what we got. Anyway, this is my daughter's senior year in the Pride of the Southland Band so I'm glad I bought them. They will go in the scrapbook when my wife finally gets around to finishing it.

Agreed. We are very underwhelmed at the tickets. If they knew fans weren't going to be able to use them for admission and they were only souvenir tickets and that this could be the last year they even produce them, they should have spent a little more time/effort at their production. They look like they printed them on their inkjet printer in the business office. Nothing like the glossy picture tickets in nice bound booklets of the past. I got the feeling that at the last minute they said 'Oh crap - we have to send these people paper tickets.' and that's what we got. Anyway, this is my daughter's senior year in the Pride of the Southland Band so I'm glad I bought them. They will go in the scrapbook when my wife finally gets around to finishing it.
So like almost everything else, you pay more for less? Sad that this might be the last printed tickets for the program and as you point out, the quality is substandard. Why am I not surprised?

So like almost everything else, you pay more for less? Sad that this might be the last printed tickets for the program and as you point out, the quality is substandard. Why am I not surprised?
Haha, hardly any difference between these tickets and those you would purchase at a hometown carnival.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starchief13VFL
To your point I haven't been issued a paper ticket for much else other than UT Football that I recall.

However, memories are tied to those old paper tickets for my family and I.

We can look at that ticket, see the section/row/seat #, date and opponent and with that physical reminder the memories of that day come alive - the sentimental value attached to that paper ticket looking back and remembering the day in detail is probably what I will miss.

Good point. I actually have a framed display of various memorabilia in my rec room. In it are tickets to the 99 Fiesta Bowl, 98 Orange Bowl, and various tickets autographed by Majors, Goodrich, Zach Fulton, and others.

From an ease and convenience standpoint, the e-tickets are much better. Also, you can’t leave them on your kitchen countertop in Nashville and get to Cookeville before realizing it, as I may have done once. But you’re right, there is some sentiment lost without the paper ones.

But you’re cool

I love paper tickets because after the game they become a souvenir of the event. I am not opposed to e-tickets, I just like the tangible evidence that I was there.
My Dads got a whole box full dating back from well before I was born. It’s cool to look through. I always try to keep mine

No. They are commemorative only
There seems to be a dispute over these tickets getting a person in. I called after receiving the tickets to ask, they said yes, those tickets will get you in. So I don't know. I'm going to put mine up, use the digital.

Reactions: #1n51&98
There seems to be a dispute over these tickets getting a person in. I called after receiving the tickets to ask, they said yes, those tickets will get you in. So I don't know. I'm going to put mine up, use the digital.

Sell the digital ticket and use the paper ticket to get in.

Screenshot your ticket and print it at Walgreens boom there's your precious souvenirs.
Screenshot is the answer,I wish had thought of at Bristol was about 10 feet away before my phone finally pulled them back up. Seen a few people getting turned away because they couldn't pull up the tickets. It was definitely a internet overload.

What am I missing here? Why in the world would a person sell one set and use the other? The person who gets to the gate first gets the seat! lol:rolleyes:
You catch on quick. The early bird gets the worm. Just think how loud Neyland could be if it had a few thousand more fanatics to crank up the noise.

The University has said publicly that e-tickets only for admission, but they also have some kind of exception process for people without smart phones (are there any of those?) so who knows. My daughter says they look exactly like tickets they give to students. I have the e-tickets added to my Google wallet, so I'm not going to do anything with these fine souvenir items that I have either. Considering the $50 they charged us to get actual tickets, I just wish they had spent another 15 cents a ticket to make them a little bit slicker because these certainly aren't. If these are in fact the last paper tickets ever issued for season ticket holders, they went out with a fizzle and not a bang.

VN Store

Back