Sewell is back!

He took a job and was going to move on with life without baseball.
Sounds like he’s a kid with his priorities in check. But no seance in wasting another year of playing a great child good game. Even not going pro, he will always remember his time as a Vol.

Possibly everything except weekend starter. Although we have any injuries and he would be crucial to fill that weekend role.
When was the last time he started or went more than two innings?
Edit: Read into the thread and feel like a need a spanking…

Sounds like he’s a kid with his priorities in check. But no seance in wasting another year of playing a great child good game. Even not going pro, he will always remember his time as a Vol.
JampackedWindingGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: drylo
The unsettled catcher position really puts it in perspective of how just hard Evan worked and turned himself into an SEC starter. What he accomplished was pretty incredible. I love, love, love Evan and will defend him to the death, so don’t throw stats, etc, at me, because I don't care. We would have been a different team without Evan.

The unsettled catcher position really puts it in perspective of how just hard Evan worked and turned himself into an SEC starter. What he accomplished was pretty incredible. I love, love, love Evan and will defend him to the death, so don’t throw stats, etc, at me, because I don't care. We would have been a different team without Evan.
Yessir. Pretty pivotal position. Need at least one catcher to step up every year.

Amen.

I think most forget that Dickey came to UT as a catcher. They converted him to OF last year when Evan made the decision to transition.

I know you're trying, Preacherman, but it doesn't help me feel better that a guy that was a catcher couldn't win the position against a guy that was not a catcher. But more than that, I'm concerned that if Jared catches, his bat won't be nearly as potent. Am I off-base there?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Big get. I was more than a little concerned about the bullpen. Knew we'd not convince Skenes to come on as a catcher/reliever, but I'd held out some hope. Sewell give us a lot of flexibility. Still wouldn't mind another tho. Can't have too many arms.

Big get. I was more than a little concerned about the bullpen. Knew we'd not convince Skenes to come on as a catcher/reliever, but I'd held out some hope. Sewell give us a lot of flexibility. Still wouldn't mind another tho. Can't have too many arms.
Just wondering what role you think needs to be filled? Closer, LH or RH middle reliever, long relief.
I think we have every piece in place to fill the roles IF everyone stays healthy and is as good or better than they were last year and a couple of guys step up. I do think you can have too many pitchers. If you have too many guys early, the guys in the bullpen that you will need at the end don't get enough innings to be ready and develop their stuff. It takes game play to get ready not just practice.
Just wondering what you think we are missing.

VN Store

Back