Volunteer Cavalry Flag -- Input Request

Which Flag Do You Prefer

• Draft A Solid Background

Votes: 84 65.6%
  • Draft B Checkered Background

Votes: 47 36.7%

• Total voters
Here are a few ideas I had on the flag.

Ideas and constructive criticism are welcomed and encouraged.

I am not sure about how the University or the forum police are going to take this. There is no way to make it relate to the football team (God bless Josh Heupel) without doing some of the things they have the rights too.

So anyway, which ones do you like? Or dislike. Or would like to see combined?

Pencils Up.....

I just hope these pictures will post, ISATIView attachment 475734View attachment 475735View attachment 475736View attachment 475737View attachment 475738View attachment 475739View attachment 475740View attachment 475741
If numbering from the top down, 5,8,4 are my favorites.
*Still no RV/camper theme.

Crockett with his long rifle and coon skin hat should definately be in it.

Checkered something also needs to be in it to relate to our Vols instead of only our state.

Maybe checker the border around the flag.

If the power T can't be used on the flag then maybe VOLS can be used on the flag.

I like the idea of a Vol Cavalry though so great work by you for putting this together!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

This is pretty good but replace the Smokey head with the power T and it would be great!

The design itself is a reference to a well-known US Army Cavalry insignia that has a horse's head. That's why the dog head is a clever tweak.

iu

That was originally one of my favorites, and if this new morph of all these suggested changes doesn't bear fruit, that's my fallback go-to.

What do you think about the grey stripe changing to checkerboard on that one?
I think you get rid of the football and leave everything else the same. If you wanted to bring in the checkerboards I would maybe try just replacing the bottom of the badge with them where the football was. Truthfully I like just the smokey head and that’s it.

I think you get rid of the football and leave everything else the same. If you wanted to bring in the checkerboards I would maybe try just replacing the bottom of the badge with them where the football was. Truthfully I like just the smokey head and that’s it.
Yah, if you take the football off, your design will work equally well at baseball and basketball games. You want to keep your options open for expanding beyond just the autumn.

I do like the idea of including the checkerboard somewhere. Since we're most famous for it appearing in our end zones, I like the idea of it replacing the grey stripe on the outer edge of the flag.

Go Vols!

Only when stupid **** is talked about. What is the goal? To have a costume party at Lord Lindsey? Pointless and terribly goofy.
Nobody is under any obligation to match your level of misery. We could all sit in front of the TV flagellating ourselves like medieval monks when UT is losing a game, or we could have fun with it and use games as an opportunity to socialize and enjoy life. If people want to watch the game painted orange at the Sunsphere and call themselves the “Volunteer Sun Warriors,” what skin is it off of your nose?

The design itself is a reference to a well-known US Army Cavalry insignia that has a horse's head. That's why the dog head is a clever tweak.

iu

Yeah I understood the parallel. I just thought the Power T would look cool there. However as someone pointed out, the Power T is copyrighted so nix that idea, I guess.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Yeah I understood the parallel. I just thought the Power T would look cool there. However as someone pointed out, the Power T is copyrighted so nix that idea, I guess.

That idea is absolutely not off the table, especially in light of the football excluding other sports.

Maybe a knockoff of the power T? The whole thing is a knockoff/takeoff of the Navy anyway.

Thanks to Vol In Buckeye Land for shining some light on the overall idea. Much appreciated

That idea is absolutely not off the table, especially in light of the football excluding other sports.

Maybe a knockoff of the power T? The whole thing is a knockoff/takeoff of the Navy anyway.

Thanks to Vol In Buckeye Land for shining some light on the overall idea. Much appreciated

Here's another Idea, how about the Power T in the upper corner and the state flag logo in the lower corner? (Sorry for the crude mock up)

Attachments

• Web capture_27-7-2022_132013_.jpeg
    Web capture_27-7-2022_132013_.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6
Here's another Idea, how about the Power T in the upper corner and the state flag logo in the lower corner? (Sorry for the crude mock up)
Need those lines to be checkerboard.... at least the border line.

*I think I like the white Smokey head (instead of the power T) and keep the white tri star against orange patch and flag. Checkerboard the border line and across the patch. Gray outlines on the patch and between the body and border line

Screenshot_20220805-093608_DuckDuckGo.jpg
***cruder than yours.... not sorry

Last edited:
The goal is just to have a little fun. Why does that bug you so much? Just go with it. Capt has put a lot of effort into it and the ideas are very creative.
It’s stupid and childish. If I were an adult male and felt this sort of thing was something that needed to be done I would hope someone who cared for me would help get me the help I I needed.

It’s stupid and childish. If I were an adult male and felt this sort of thing was something that needed to be done I would hope someone who cared for me would help get me the help I I needed.
If you're not an adult male, Eric, what are you? Teenager? I would ask female, but your name is Eric, that usually signifies a dude.

What’s stupid and childish is that you’re this triggered. Sorry that someone starting a tailgate group hurts your feelings, snowflake.

I'll be honest and say that the cynic in me momentarily had a similar thought. My original impulse was to move on to the next thread. It wouldn't have occurred to me to make a point to post anything negative. In OP's original post he asked for "constructive" criticism. Maybe some people think the Vol Navy is stupid, too. Who cares? It's not hurting anyone.

I genuinely hope you have a great day and an even better weekend and that you're not as surly IRL as you've come across here.

I'd look to put the older logo (guy with a coon skin cap) on horseback w/ flag or musket. Give him a saddlebag and put 3 stars on it.

How bout we stop pretending and start winning?
How about "we"?

You realize "we" don't play the games. "We" don't have any control over what happens on the field (unless you are a member of Spyre's Volunteer Club). "We" are fans, trying to have a good time and make memories with our friends and family around a team we all love.

How about "we" keep doing whatever makes us happy?

Need those lines to be checkerboard.... at least the border line.

*I think I like the white Smokey head (instead of the power T) and keep the white tri star against orange patch and flag. Checkerboard the border line and across the patch. Gray outlines on the patch and between the body and border line

View attachment 477895
***cruder than yours.... not sorry

I think we're getting close. I like the Smokey-head above the diagonal portion of the patch, and I like the Tri-stars below it. I believe the diagonal portion should remain a solid black or a "Smokey Grey" color, and then on that diagonal swath, we put a Davy Crockett long rifle on there in a contrasting white or some gray-scale color. The checkers on the right side of the flag (or, "Fly End") are definitely a keeper as they mirror the design element of our state flag.

Keep up the good work and ...
Illegitimi non carborundum

VN Store

Back