Most Recent Look at Neyland Stadium Upgrades

Probably shouldn't even mention anything. Being female, you know I'm going to. Hahahaha, I don't like the jumbo screens not being the same. Wishing they were both above the stadium, or both inside. There, I said it...I'll move along.
Ms Clark, as an older Tn fan I love to hear from our smarter female fans. As a female fan, women seen to have brighter perspective on the game. My significant other constantly telling me what Heup going to call.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Probably shouldn't even mention anything. Being female, you know I'm going to. Hahahaha, I don't like the jumbo screens not being the same. Wishing they were both above the stadium, or both inside. There, I said it...I'll move along.
Agreed, gotta be uniform and my OCD will drive me nuts! That and the maroon pads on the walls in the end zones! For Pete’s sake can we not find some UT orange pads???

Agreed, gotta be uniform and my OCD will drive me nuts! That and the maroon pads on the walls in the end zones! For Pete’s sake can we not find some UT orange pads???
It’s always blown my mind that: A) they don’t move those walls back 10-15 feet; and B) They can’t do better as far as the look and thickness of the padding.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It’s always blown my mind that: A) they don’t move those walls back 10-15 feet; and B) They can’t do better as far as the look and thickness of the padding.
Removing that wall is in the plans. They're going to take out the lowest rows and make a open area with new club space under the bleachers.

Neyland-reno-6.png

Reactions: HalfullVol
The big screen is WAY too big to go inside the stadium like the smaller one is and the smaller one did not have the supports like the other side does so it HAD to go inside.
Let’s be honest, do we really need another screen? I’ve sat in the lower southwest side where you couldn’t see the JT, and I never missed it. Find it a little obnoxious actually. They actually took out some of the newest and most comfortable seats to do this. I could see lowering capacity and putting chair backs throughout the stadium. Getting rid of seats for this?

Reactions: onevol74
Looks real nice. BUT it sorta reminds me of a old rundown house with a new coat of paint. Can't help wondering what's on the inside. What about restrooms, traffic ramps, concession stands. You know, the other important things.

Reactions: oz615 and onevol74
Here's a way to get over the OCD, maybe:

Think of it the way you think of a car. The front and back don't have to look the same, just the left and right.

Neyland is like a big ole main battle tank. That front end, facing the hill, is low and streamlined. The back end, near the river, has a big old spoiler and a bunch of vanes (V O L S) sticking up. It looks cool that way!

Hope this helps, Sara. LOL.

Go Vols!

Here's a way to get over the OCD, maybe:

Think of it the way you think of a car. The front and back don't have to look the same, just the left and right.

Neyland is like a big ole main battle tank. That front end, facing the hill, is low and streamlined. The back end, near the river, has a big old spoiler and a bunch of vanes (V O L S) sticking up. It looks cool that way!

Hope this helps, Sara. LOL.

Go Vols!
Hahaha, I like it! :)

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Ms Clark, as an older Tn fan I love to hear from our smarter female fans. As a female fan, women seen to have brighter perspective on the game. My significant other constantly telling me what Heup going to call.
Little bit redundant.

to be above the stadium similar to the south screen, there would have to be a solid stand alone structure from the ground up outside existing stadium for it to be mounted atop. The existing roof over the north end also would make this nearly impossible. (and blind to everyone/most in the north endzone) So, rather than saying it was impossible, they worked with what they had. I think they did a fine job!

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol

VN Store

Back