With Ramil off the board, OL targets going forward

be so many more during/after kids' senior season.

I am sure we have been targeting those who clearly demonstrated high potential THROUGH their JR year, but also have a list of those who needed some time to demonstrate some necessary development or get the playing time needed to be hard targeted. This 1A list would probably project to need more work after arrival, but still have similar ceilings. Logical to go for earlier contributors first, but can't pass on guys that get to similar levels with more time if need is still high on the list. I am also speculating that use of NIL will be coordinated to use on positions of need as we approach signing day. It is preferred to sign guys that COULD help really early in their career, but NFL draft proves later bloomers get there too. Longer odds but....... As always would love to see our war room board.

Reactions: Winchester73
Losing Wright, Carvin, and Crawford after this year (along with Hooker) could lead to a step back in 2023. Not sure why we've been unable to close on so many of these OL, but we're likely going to need some help in the transfer portal for next year.
We have several guys…. Depends how they develop.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
the one thing that just won't let me get too upset about the is right now is that you really don' t know year to year what your roster will look like anymore with this transfer stuff. there'll be kids that will go to the portal that need/want to play, and we'll have spots.

that said, i'd be ok with having quality and numbers in a given class. especially on OL and DL. i'm surprised we haven't been able to land but 1 of the 4 we really targeted so far. oh well...moving on.

Losing Wright, Carvin, and Crawford after this year (along with Hooker) could lead to a step back in 2023. Not sure why we've been unable to close on so many of these OL, but we're likely going to need some help in the transfer portal for next year.
Jeremiah Crawford should have another season remaining after this one.

Reactions: Orange.
I hope it won’t be a big setback.

I am sure we have been targeting those who clearly demonstrated high potential THROUGH their JR year, but also have a list of those who needed some time to demonstrate some necessary development or get the playing time needed to be hard targeted. This 1A list would probably project to need more work after arrival, but still have similar ceilings. Logical to go for earlier contributors first, but can't pass on guys that get to similar levels with more time if need is still high on the list. I am also speculating that use of NIL will be coordinated to use on positions of need as we approach signing day. It is preferred to sign guys that COULD help really early in their career, but NFL draft proves later bloomers get there too. Longer odds but....... As always would love to see our war room board.
Think Umarov will be a monster. Think Bussell will be very serviceable in a few years. Still need 2-3 studs in the next year. Running low on schollies. Better sign up boys.

Think Umarov will be a monster. Think Bussell will be very serviceable in a few years. Still need 2-3 studs in the next year. Running low on schollies. Better sign up boys.
You don’t get a chance to come play for the best fan base everyday. You also don’t get to come play for a program that has the best of everything. Not many guarantees in life, but you won’t regret coming to TN.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back