'24 AZ TE Dillon Hipp

I believe he's truthful in his interest for UT because Hipps don't lie
I’m all for TE’s. Not sure what the appropriate # is in our offense is. Are we looking to slow it down? Think we could use a few good running backs. Thoughts?

I’m all for TE’s. Not sure what the appropriate # is in our offense is. Are we looking to slow it down? Think we could use a few good running backs. Thoughts?

Definitely need some RBs. Hopefully, we hear some good news tomorrow

Focusing on Washington, Baylor, Tennessee, Arizona State, Louisville, Wisconsin and Oregon

Just can’t imagine being from Arizona and being like …..I wanna see what’s up in Madison Wisconsin!!! But I would never live north of the TN/VA line so I’m just weird like that.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Arizona tight end Dillon Hipp enjoyed his initial conversation with Abeln and left it feeling like a priority for the Vols. Since his visit last summer, he has been impressed with Tennessee, and he plans to return to Knoxville for an official visit at some point.

“It was great just in general because I got to talk with Coach Heupel again, and them putting in the effort to make sure I got in touch with him the first day he got hired meant a lot to me,” Hipp said of the conversation with Abeln. “My first impression of Coach Abeln initially was that he has quite a bit of experience for his age. He has experience with coaching O-linemen, so that will help with tight ends for sure with getting the blocking down. He told me he has the best interest of the player.”

Abeln’s experience with the offensive line is something that quickly caught Hipp’s attention during the call.

“That is really what I am looking for in a tight ends coach,” Hipp said on this. “Someone that can teach both sides. Being a well-rounded tight end is something that is going to make you get to the next level. That is really what intrigued me the most is that he has a keen ability to coach the blocking game up. I take pride in both running routes and blocking, but receiving is my natural part, and blocking is the part I still have more to learn, so having a coach like that, it is a really good hire for sure.”
-on3

VN Store

Back