Cell Phone Towers

CagleMtnVol

Has anyone had a connection or experience with cell phone tower leasing? I guess that's what you would call it?

My parents have been approached about having a tower put up on their property. While my mother really isn't for it the money would come in handy.

Anything in particular they need to ask about?

What is the usual/average monthly payment? Should they try to negotiate for more than the first offered?

Has anyone had a connection or experience with cell phone tower leasing? I guess that's what you would call it?

My parents have been approached about having a tower put up on their property. While my mother really isn't for it the money would come in handy.

Anything in particular they need to ask about?

What is the usual/average monthly payment? Should they try to negotiate for more than the first offered?
To give you a ballpark idea on requirements.
https://www.celltowerleaseexperts.c... tower ground lease,the duration of the lease.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Don’t sign a lease that gives the tower “builder” unlimited rights on whom they lease tower space. Mom should get more pay for each company (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc) that transmits from the tower. Personally, if she doesn’t need the money I’d tell them to kick rocks if it’s on property with any value as it will inhibit your ability for future development

Reactions: tbh and Go aeiou
Don’t sign a lease that gives the tower “builder” unlimited rights on whom they lease tower space. Mom should get more pay for each company (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc) that transmits from the tower. Personally, if she doesn’t need the money I’d tell them to kick rocks if it’s on property with any value as it will inhibit your ability for future development

Kills developement. We have 250 acres and a perfect ridge for a tower. It just has the potential to do more harm than good. Someone who might buy all of it will write off the property if it has tower on it.

Kills developement. We have 250 acres and a perfect ridge for a tower. It just has the potential to do more harm than good. Someone who might buy all of it will write off the property if it has tower on it.

It's the family farm and hopefully will never be developed for the foreseeable future.

The location is in the corner of a field.

My folks are the same. Would never sell, great location for it, on the high ground nobody ever wants to go to. A lawyer friend and I marked up the contract and mainly just asked for more money. I don't really live a fear-based life, and they don't either, so they were very willing to have the dough and the tower. But anyway I think we asked for too much, but I haven't seen a new tower on some other hill, so maybe not.

My folks are the same. Would never sell, great location for it, on the high ground nobody ever wants to go to. A lawyer friend and I marked up the contract and mainly just asked for more money. I don't really live a fear-based life, and they don't either, so they were very willing to have the dough and the tower. But anyway I think we asked for too much, but I haven't seen a new tower on some other hill, so maybe not.

10 to 15 years ago they were asked by Nokia. When they were in there heyday sponsoring NASCAR & the Sugar Bowl. Nothing came from that and never heard anything from them again.

They looked at a spot roughly 800-1000 yards from where this company is looking at.

From a residential Developer's point of view: If the tower will be very close and very visible a significant number of potential customers will not buy for one reason or another. I don't think hardly anyone fears them for health reasons, but people believe about any thing these days. People just want their new neighborhood to be perfect, and they fixate on anything that they consider unattractive. If the tower is on a ridge above a new community in the valley it probably will not be a problem for most people.
I would not want a tower in the corner of a field which will be very visible to homes in the future, but if they want the $ go for it. I don't think it is as objectionable as something that stinks(pig farm) or noisey(manufacturing, auto repair, shooting range).

It's the family farm and hopefully will never be developed for the foreseeable future.

The location is in the corner of a field.

won't they require a road easement to build and perform tower maintenance and upgrades. how does that fit in to long term plans?

Reactions: walkenvol
From a residential Developer's point of view: If the tower will be very close and very visible a significant number of potential customers will not buy for one reason or another. I don't think hardly anyone fears them for health reasons, but people believe about any thing these days. People just want their new neighborhood to be perfect, and they fixate on anything that they consider unattractive. If the tower is on a ridge above a new community in the valley it probably will not be a problem for most people.
I would not want a tower in the corner of a field which will be very visible to homes in the future, but if they want the $ go for it. I don't think it is as objectionable as something that stinks(pig farm) or noisey(manufacturing, auto repair, shooting range).

There will be no new homes on this property as long as it's owned by my family.

There will be no new homes on this property as long as it's owned by my family.
They’re unattractive in rural areas and bring traffic onto your family property as there are multiple businesses with a need to access. If you don’t need the money then don’t go there

VN Store

Back