New Volunteer Cavalry Formation

Just an update on gameday RV parking as discussed earlier in this thread. As of yesterday single game spots are now available atop the Knoxville Civic Center Parking Decks B and C for RV/Bus/Truck camping.

The spots with electric and water hookups are already taken on top of deck C. There are a few spots left on deck C with no hookups (boondocking only) as of today.

There are a few full season spots left on top of deck B with electric hookups that are still available as of today.

Now that single game spots are being sold the available spaces for the bigger games won't last long, so just a heads up.

Here is the link with information on how to reserve a space thru Ticketmaster. It's the only way unless you show up on gameday and get in line for the spaces available. PRO TIP---Don't count on that.

Parking - Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum

I plan to be atop Parking Deck B Wednesday August 31st and on gameday before and after the game on September 1st signing up interested volks (see what I did there?) for the new VOL CAVALRY. Most of the information you might want or need is in the thread above, thanks for checking it out and hope to see you in 39 days. GO BIG ORANGE

Thanks for the click, and if you have any questions please let me know.,

Capt

Last edited:
Just an update on gameday RV parking as discussed earlier in this thread. As of yesterday single game spots are now available atop the Knoxville Civic Center Parking Decks B and C for RV/Bus/Truck camping.

The spots with electric and water hookups are already taken on top of deck C. There are a few spots left on deck C with no hookups (boondocking only) as of today.

There are a few full season spots left on top of deck B with electric hookups that are still available as of today.

Now that single game spots are being sold the available spaces for the bigger games won't last long, so just a heads up.

Here is the link with information on how to reserve a space thru Ticketmaster. It's the only way unless you show up on gameday and get in line for the spaces available. PRO TIP---Don't count on that.

I plan to be atop Parking Deck B Wednesday August 31st and on gameday before and after the game on September 1st signing up interested volks (see what I did there?) for the new VOL CAVALRY. Most of the information you might want or need is in the thread above, thanks for checking it out and hope to see you in 39 days. GO BIG ORANGE

Capt
My fat ass wife broke the back of my prized Morgan.
I only have a contrary one-eyed jenny left (two if you include Momma Bear)
Can I ride in the Cavalry?

Capt
Fantastic. Are the spaces RV only? Or could I park 2 cars in the spot?

Fantastic. Are the spaces RV only? Or could I park 2 cars in the spot?

I think the spots on top are for campers, but there are a couple of parking deck levels below that hold cars, and that parking is only $10/car. I would go that route if I were car camping, but I think they might (I am not sure) frown on that though because of all the people that would be peeing and,,,,,,well, you know,,,,,,., It's not really set up for car camping I wouldn't think.

Reactions: Iam4utalways
My name is Capt Parsons. My family has had the same seats in Neyland for 42 years (since the renovation in 1980). I am a VFL and proud of it. Can I get an Amen?

In the past few years I have taken my RV to a ton of games and have always stayed atop the Knoxville Civic Auditorium with a group of other like minded folks. It's been a blast, tailgating at it's finest. So here is the reason for my very 1st post here at Volnation.

It is my intention to hold the initial mustering of the Vol Cavalry on the weekend of September 3rd for any and all like minded fans. I have season tickets for parking my RV atop Garage B, and will be there the weekend of the Ball State Game and most other home games this year signing folks up for the mailing list.

For this year Garage B will be the temporary fort. The idea has been well received after speaking to several folks in the past two years about this idea, and hopefully it will come to fruition this year.

The VOL Navy has made a splash in the past. Lets make some dust.

WHO: ANY AND ALL LIKE MINDED VOLUNTEER RVers, AND CAMPERS
WHAT: VOL CAVALRY FORMATION
WHEN: WEEKEND OF SEPT 3, BALL STATE GAME
WHERE: ATOP KNOXVILLE CIVIC AUDITORIUM GARAGE B
502 HOWARD BAKER ST

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

And God Bless Josh Heupel, Tony Vitello, Rick Barnes, and the Newly Formation of the VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons
Civic Auditorium? Damn. ApprecIate it, but not much for 10 miles runs after I’ve been tailgating all day.

Please tell me this won't look like that opening scene from the Beverly Hillbillies.

A lot of the rigs that people show up in for the weekend would make most touring country music stars envious. Really. Did you see the pictures earlier on in this thread? Some of them cost more than my house.

That being said, if they look like Ellie Mae, cook like Granny, and shoot like Jethro Bodine I feel certain I could scrounge up a cold beer and a pork sandwich for a kind "Howdy doo Capt"

Reactions: malinoisvol
Civic Auditorium? Damn. ApprecIate it, but not much for 10 miles runs after I’ve been tailgating all day.

Pffffttttttt. Who runs 10 miles to the game? Not me. Even if you did walk it's just a hair over two miles, but in that fall heat I'd wager it feels like 10.

Back in the day we used to park at the Baptist Church and walk, but by the time I got to my seat I was always to hot and sweaty to enjoy the 1st quarter.

Nowadays we tailgate all day, walk down the front steps to the street below, then board an air conditioned bus that takes us to within a block of my gate.

Y'all got any Tennessee Walking Horses in your Calvary? How bout y'all do your own "Calvary Walk" to the stadium w horses leading the way??

Actually I think UT shut them down. That would be my fear for the Calvary. UT wants to control everything so they can make the money.

There is no money, I'm out of pocket on everything. And by everything I mean I am trying to get a few dozen flags together before gameday so I at least have something to give people who otherwise might think I have ulterior motives in my quest to organize them.

It's really just an idea I had and a way to get all the folks already RV'ing on game weekends to do some cool stuff like the Navy does. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, there is no money. The University and/or their reps are welcome to the Vol Cavalry with open arms. Maybe we can get them to kick in for some orange kuzzies for the bama game this year, who knows.

God Bless Josh Heupel and the future formation of the Vol Cavalry. Please pass the word

Thanks,

Capt

Reactions: malinoisvol
Here are a few ideas I had on the flag.

Ideas and constructive criticism are welcomed and encouraged.

I am not sure about how the University or the forum police are going to take this. There is no way to make it relate to the football team (God bless Josh Heupel) without doing some of the things they have the rights too.

So anyway, which ones do you like? Or dislike. Or would like to see combined?

Pencils Up.....

I just hope these pictures will post, ISATIWeb capture_27-7-2022_132226_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_132155_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_132119_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_132048_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_132013_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_131929_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_131851_.jpegWeb capture_27-7-2022_13181_.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: VolDave53
Here are a few ideas I had on the flag.

Ideas and constructive criticism are welcomed and encouraged.

I am not sure about how the University or the forum police are going to take this. There is no way to make it relate to the football team (God bless Josh Heupel) without doing some of the things they have the rights too.

So anyway, which ones do you like? Or dislike. Or would like to see combined?

Pencils Up.....

I just hope these pictures will post, ISATIView attachment 475734View attachment 475735View attachment 475736View attachment 475737View attachment 475738View attachment 475739View attachment 475740View attachment 475741
I like the 2nd one. Dress Smokey in cavalry garb and get him a saddle with all the gear.

Of the last group I just like the last flag. Keep it simple. It says what it is and is easy to identify.

VOLUNTEER CAVALRY EQUIPMENT LIST

VEHICLE # 00001
FORWARD LOOKOUT/ ENLISTMENT VEHICLE

20220830_134510.jpg

20220830_134527.jpg

Just a reminder, any interested Vols can find me at the Knoxville Civic Center atop Garrage C for more info or to sign up. I'll be there around 1pm Wednesday until Friday noon.

I have a dozen car door magnets left, free while they last to the first people camping there to introduce themselves.

Thanks for the click and all the great ideas and support.

And God Bless Josh Heupel

Captain Parsons
VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

VN Store

Back