Goodbye Bob [fake]

Bob gets a lot of crap on VN, but he's not that bad and there are a ton worse. My God.....give the bashing a rest.
He's awful. I'm sure there are worse, but there are an absolute ton that are better, including at the highschool level. Bumbling Bob needs to go.

Hopefully the NCAA makes that the penalty....TN must fire Bob.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
He's awful. I'm sure there are worse, but there are an absolute ton that are better, including at the highschool level. Bumbling Bob needs to go.

Hopefully the NCAA makes that the penalty....TN must fire Bob.
So you say, without listing even one. Don't like Bob? Simple, don't listen.

Reactions: MAD
Bob is a great person, I don't think there is any denying that. But a great play by play guy he is not.

He was always going to have a tough time following the greatest to ever do it. That's probably the biggest problem, but if he'd just have a little more enthusiasm and paint a little bit better picture of what's going on, it'd be nice.

Why would I want to look up anybody? I'm not in charge of hiring or firing and you're the one with the Bob problem ,not me.
I don't have a problem. I have an opinion. Like you. You love bob while I think he has vastly underperformed at his job. No reason to attack because my opinion differs from yours.

Bob is a great person, I don't think there is any denying that. But a great play by play guy he is not.

He was always going to have a tough time following the greatest to ever do it. That's probably the biggest problem, but if he'd just have a little more enthusiasm and paint a little bit better picture of what's going on, it'd be nice.
I've been around him when he was just out and about. I have a different view. He projects himself like he is above the common fan. Like he is on a higher plane of society. And he has no respect for those around him with his cursing.

I've been around him when he was just out and about. I have a different view. He projects himself like he is above the common fan. Like he is on a higher plane of society. And he has no respect for those around him with his cursing.
I don't know him personally. Can only go off what I've heard others say about him and have never heard anything of the like. But that really has nothing to do with his ability as a PBP guy. I just added it in.

Many folks on VN said that Fulmer's blood runs green. (I was under the impression that it ran orange). I'd take odds that Kessling would bleed orange and, that John Adams blood was black, from lack of oxygen to the head.

People on campus feel like the Lady Vol Basketball search will set up someone to take over for Bob whenever he walks away, so that’s intriguing to follow if that’s the case.

But Learfield, who operates the Vol Network, has a recent history (Florida, Florida State, Michigan, a couple of others) of going with national voices with no connection to the school when a major football/basketball job opens up. I don’t know anyone at Florida anymore, but the FSU selection stunned people on campus because they had endorsed an internal candidate, but Learfield chose a guy from North Dakota State. They hired an ESPN guy at Florida.

VN Store

Back