Is this a new UNI?

Man I really hate the thin stripe! If it’s going to be that small, just leave it off all together! The wide stripe makes our helmets!

Reactions: imw8n4u
My thoughts are; the players are the ones going out and putting in the work, so their opinion should carry more weight than we fans. Obviously there has to be some limitations, but they should get to vote for uniforms.

I like it but do not ever change the power T
There has actually been a couple of changes

The first appearance of the "T" came in 1964, when head football coach Doug Dickey replaced the familiar numbers on the side of the Volunteers' football helmets with a block T for the first time.

The Power T received a slight makeover in 1977, taking on a bolder, more powerful look under first-year head football coach and legendary Tennessee tailback Johnny Majors. That logo would go on to become the worldwide symbol for the Tennessee Volunteers.

Most recently, the Power T was slightly modified in 2015, when it also became the primary mark for the entire University of Tennessee Knoxville campus.

It’s a bad edit. That being said I actually like that uniform. We had gray trim on the numbers briefly in the 80’s

I'm pretty sure I remember us adding dark gray or black outlines to the numbers about that time in response to complaints from the TV networks that the numbers didn't stand out well enough to be easily seen. Of course that was before high definition TV.

I like the uniforms the way we have them. I wouldn’t be opposed to a grey face mask tho.

I'm pretty sure I remember us adding dark gray or black outlines to the numbers about that time in response to complaints from the TV networks that the numbers didn't stand out well enough to be easily seen. Of course that was before high definition TV.
Black outlines happened on the away jerseys in the 90s and on the on the orange shoulder jerseys in the 70s. Don’t think the gray outlines lasted long in the 80s

There has actually been a couple of changes

The first appearance of the "T" came in 1964, when head football coach Doug Dickey replaced the familiar numbers on the side of the Volunteers' football helmets with a block T for the first time.

The Power T received a slight makeover in 1977, taking on a bolder, more powerful look under first-year head football coach and legendary Tennessee tailback Johnny Majors. That logo would go on to become the worldwide symbol for the Tennessee Volunteers.

Most recently, the Power T was slightly modified in 2015, when it also became the primary mark for the entire University of Tennessee Knoxville campus.
I’m aware however we should not ever change the power T again!

Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma…….none of these teams jack around with their unis very much and last time I checked, they’re pretty good.
UGA did just a few years ago and it was f’n hideous. tOSU as well (ine of the worst offenders). And OK for that matter Lol 🤡

1658708856447.jpeg
1658709411905.png
1658709475339.png

1658709060437.jpeg
1658709084924.jpeg
1658709111301.jpeg
1658709233789.png

1658708978570.jpeg

Last edited:
The perspective on the patches is straight forward and his chest is at a 3/4 turn. It's like an old Rob Liefeld drawing. Some on here are bound to know what I' m talking about. lol ( Not hating on Rob Liefeld though )

Reactions: marvin616
I’m aware however we should not ever change the power T again!

Nah one last change - they should change it back to the pre-2015 Power T. The new one's skinny. The old power T looked broader and more imposing. It felt, for lack of a better term, more masculine.

Now, I'm sure some design firm can draw a bunch of golden spirals on the old Power T and explain why it was less elegant, or that it was harder to work into combinations and lockups and so on because of the spacing it required, being so broad and boxy. Probably a whole dissertation about how it was harder to present it alongside the rest of the word Tennessee, being so square and demanding. Meh. Still looked cooler. (I'm sure part of the reason I like it more is the fact we dominated a lot of folks with that bigger T, but still, it looked cooler).

Last edited:
Reactions: lukeneyland
Nah one last change - they should change it back to the pre-2015 Power T. The new one's skinny. The old power T looked broader and more imposing. It felt, for lack of a better term, more masculine.

Now, I'm sure some design firm can draw a bunch of golden spirals on the old Power T and explain why it was less elegant, or that it was harder to work into combinations and lockups and so on because of the spacing it required, being so broad and boxy. Probably a whole dissertation about how it was harder to present it alongside the rest of the word Tennessee, being so broad and demanding. Meh. Still looked cooler. (I'm sure part of the reason I like it more is the fact we dominated a lot of folks with that bigger T, but still, it looked cooler).
I’m okay with that as it’s still the power T!

VN Store

Back