Per ESPN Pruitt looking fwd to tell his side of the story.

he has made comments about other programs at the university also doing illegal activities. That is what he is likely referring to. He better have concrete proof and not just allegations.

He is not going to quietly go away I'm afraid. May not accomplish much but keeping UT in the media spotlight.
He learned how to do what he did from Alabama!

Jeremy Pruitt
“In his own words”
Hosted by Pat Forde
Sunday at 8:00 pm on ESPN

Forde~
“Jeremy, tell us how you were mistreated by the rotten, despicable administration at the university of Tennessee?”

Pruitt~
“Wes dun payd fer sum mawmas ta git they TURR nayls doned up aww purty like, aiight.
Youns done know we put em up in dat fancy hotail the crayon plawza, aiight.
We wuz jus lookin out for tha keeyids.”
FIFY Corch

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Can anyone recall a program that has prospered by hiring a rival program's assistant coach to be their head coach?

I doubt they end up adding much if anything to what we have already set. I'm basing that on the way the NOA reads and assuming nothing new has come up. I would expect UT to agree with the NOA and get that back to them soon. Then it is only a matter of NCAA applying whatever punishment. Could be anything to acceptance to additional sanctions of some sort but I can't imagine it being much to worry about.

My caveat is, NCAA is most difficult to predict.
I mean if we’re going by the past punishments of failure to monitor. Probably something like 3 yrs probation, some scholarship reductions although I don’t think much since we’ve already self punished there, a fine of course (who cares we’re playing with house money with getting Pruitt out). I don’t see us having a bowl ban; they’ve already basically set that up with their wording in the NOA.

Can anyone recall a program that has prospered by hiring a rival program's assistant coach to be their head coach?
Kirby was at Bama before Georgia. Mullen when he was at Miss State from Florida. Not sure you count them as Rivals though. Jimbo at Texas AM was at LSU as OC as well when Saban was there.

He really had no option but to say something like that....but he might want to think carefully before throwing stones - libel and slander can be prosecuted. He's gonna be banned from coaching college regardless of what he says...

Not sure what there is that Cornbread can say. Cheated and couldn’t win doing it. Caught red handed and even had his wife paying players. That’s about as sad as it gets. I smell a 5 year show cause coming for the moron.

Reactions: rocytop2624
Vince Dooley was an assistant at Auburn, his alma mater, before going to UGA as head coach. Those are the only two places he coached.
just saw that @Boston Vol already said this

I have a feeling that if he gets a career crippling show cause, he will empty all the skeletons out of his closet, further shading UT, but also implicating FSU, UGA, and BAMA.
Which is exactly WHY he will receive no such clause. Jimbo told a LOT of truth about Saban when he had his little come apart.
Open ANY closet in Tuscaloosa or Athens…..:
3B9C5C09-5879-4D85-814C-5874096AB562.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: vols33 and Zues1
Vince Dooley was an assistant at Auburn, his alma mater, before going to UGA as head coach. Those are the only two places he coached.
just saw that @Boston Vol already said this
Doug Dickey

In only six years as head coach, from 1964 through 1969, Doug Dickey rebuilt the Tennessee football program and guided the Vols to a national championship and two Southeastern Conference titles.

Reactions: VAVol85
What can he say I’m sure this whole investigation was just made up.. get ready to drag Tennessee more this football season.. I think we got the right coach not to let this be a distraction as much as most of the country hates Tennessee. I’m embracing this hate and I think as Vols we should jus enjoy being the JR Ewing of college football.
What’s he going to say. Much ado about nothing from him dragging TN thru the muck.

Dumbass Jeremy gonna get the shovel and dig his grave deeper. He’s a bamer alright. Down to his core.

And ESPN is more than glad to let him execute his career. They care only about the trash. They don’t give a damn about his family, career or how stupid he looks.

Last edited:
True. But Ekeler took care of it about 7 seconds later.
It was Thomas Brown, at least that's what I heard back when it originally happened, long before he was our coach, back when it was just an amusing story of Richt era UGA dysfunction.

Last edited:
Idk he’s an idiot. I do think the more he speaks the worse it gets for him. So maybe someone more intelligent will tell him it’s best to STFU bc I doubt he’s smart enough to work that out for himself.
He's pretty much got to go scorched earth now, it ain't gonna be pretty.

If he had real information, they’d been a lawsuit filed. He ain’t got $hit. Who’s he gonna say told his wife to pay players? I gonna hear this bull$hit
Not necessarily, waiting for the NCAA to show their cards was probably a smart move. They just told him what they know.

VN Store

Back