Kirby Smart worried about NIL, signs contract in excess of $100 million

Best case scenario, they can focus on football instead of working a part time job or taking on debt. Worst case scenario, they blow their money and they're in the same spot they were before NIL. Maybe instead of chastising people who are finally getting paid a piece of the pie, you could come up with innovative solutions like providing financial counseling or having a team that will help players invest their money wisely?

What a poisonous attitude.

I disagree with him on this. But weren't you the one running around calling him Kirby Dumb and predicting he would never win anything?
That sounds like something I would say about George and their coach.

I do want to go on record for saying that I expect/predict Florida to quit on this year/coach, like they have many times in the past since it’s part of their culture.

Reactions: beachvol23
That sounds like something I would say about George and their coach.

I do want to go on record for saying that I expect/predict Florida to quit on this year/coach, like they have many times in the past since it’s part of their culture.
I have watched Billy Boy coach at ULL many games and he’s an absolute buffoon in game and I’m talking Rommel Cornbread quality! Don’t believe any of the buzz about him! His record at ULL was VERY misleading!

Reactions: Firebirdparts
Kirby will own us for years fo come unfortunately I’m just hoping he burns out maybe by the time he turns 50 and steps down.

Kirby will own us for years fo come unfortunately I’m just hoping he burns out maybe by the time he turns 50 and steps down.
Him “owning us” has nothing to do with the slimy ass way he’s talking out both sides of his mouth regarding NIL while still taking massive salaries himself.

Best case scenario, they can focus on football instead of working a part time job or taking on debt. Worst case scenario, they blow their money and they're in the same spot they were before NIL. Maybe instead of chastising people who are finally getting paid a piece of the pie, you could come up with innovative solutions like providing financial counseling or having a team that will help players invest their money wisely?

What a poisonous attitude.

Y'know, UGA's Terry College of Business is fairly well-known for the quality of their programs...it's almost as if Corch Smort or the AD there could reach out and work something out with them in the area of money management basics, etc.

Honestly, I believe a personal finance class (or sequence) should be part of any undergrad core curriculum, regardless of the major one pursues.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
That's pretty ironic that he bashes the idea of giving a kid $120k a year as he takes $112 MILLION payout.

No it’s not. He’s in his 40s and has actually accomplished a great deal as a coach And has actually earned a huge contract. A freshman being handed 10K a month who has accomplished nothing and has earned nothing and is fraught with problems.

Kirby is right on this one and his new contract is irrelevant to the point he is making.

Reactions: tdawgs
No it’s not. He’s in his 40s and has actually accomplished a great deal as a coach And has actually earned a huge contract. A freshman being handed 10K a month who has accomplished nothing and has earned nothing and is fraught with problems.

Kirby is right on this one and his new contract is irrelevant to the point he is making.

Totally disagree. Yes Kirby has a bunch of rings a trophies. Yes he has been very successful. But he makes his 10 mil a year off the backs of these kids who rely on the cafeteria to be open to eat in some cases.

No i don't think every kid is entitled to 10k a month, but 2-3k/month is below the poverty level, so there's gotta be some kinda middle ground here. Before anyone says they get free room and board, have you ever lived in a dorm? Its not the Hilton.

Griping about NIL when you make more in a month than most folks do in a year is absurd. Besides, he and his Uncle Daddy Saban are using this same system to their advantage, so its hypocritical in more than 1 way.

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

Reactions: tdawgs
Nope.

We're going to take the East from UGa very soon. Probably not this year, but quite possibly next year. And then we're not giving it up for a looooong time.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back