Coaches on the hot seat

Georgia Tech should be in better situations just on location alone
Institutional (and fan) apathy I think is the biggest problem there. They are not better mostly because they don't really care. I went to the 2017 season opener where we played them, a stone's throw from their campus, and they had hardly any students or other fans there. That should have been a huge game for them - playing a ranked big-name program in the Falcons' shiny new stadium.

It is unbelievable to me that Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas both went there.

Auburn don't mess around firing coaches...
I would be surprised if he finishes the season.
Maybe I missed something, but I never understood the hire.

But this is Auburn. So there is a great chance that Harsin goes 10-2, upsets Bama, and then gets an extension that they regret less than a year later. This is how Auburn rolls.

How Bryan Harsin survived this off-season is a miracle. Both of his coordinators from last year have left and 20 players transferred.

This one is a given. They are probably already lining up interviews for November down on the plains.

Make no mistake about it, AU has already put out feelers and gauged interest from those they would wish to pursue.

Reactions: VolPack22
Institutional (and fan) apathy I think is the biggest problem there. They are not better mostly because they don't really care. I went to the 2017 season opener where we played them, a stone's throw from their campus, and they had hardly any students or other fans there. That should have been a huge game for them - playing a ranked big-name program in the Falcons' shiny new stadium.

It is unbelievable to me that Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas both went there.

Believe that was near the end of the Paul Johnson era. Trust me, folks were more than ready to see him on his way at any point after 2015 or so..

Triple option is a great thing for the military academies, but why Tech ever went that route I will never understand. Might as well just put a cap and a floor on your win totals and be done with it.

Believe that was near the end of the Paul Johnson era. Trust me, folks were more than ready to see him on his way at any point after 2015 or so..

Triple option is a great thing for the military academies, but why Tech ever went that route I will never understand. Might as well just put a cap and a floor on your win totals and be done with it.

Correct, because they are an apathetic program. When the opportunity presented itself to put a high floor but low ceiling on their program with a coaching hire, they did it, and it actually worked out better than you'd think for them. Johnson had only one awful season (2015) and 4 seasons where he won either 9 or 10 games, including an ACC title that they had to vacate. And that bad 2015 season was weird because they lost a ton of close games and actually beat an FSU team that finished 10-3.

That reminds me, met a girl once who lived all her life in Athens, GA. I asked her, Bulldogs or Yellow Jackets?
She had no clue what I was talking about.
Though rare, I can see that. I know several people around here who don't care about sports, men and women.

I feel bad for Nebraska and Frost. That seems like a hopeless situation. We know that Frost can coach (offense in particular); it seems like if he isn't capable of turning them around, nobody can.

We know Frost can coach? Why? Because he did well at UCF? It’s obvious he isn’t that good of a coach. He needs to drop down to division 2 or a much smaller conference.

VN Store

Back