College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Just listened to Tony’s interview on the Drive. Definitely sounds like the big addition today isn’t public. Later in the interview he referred to Crawford as the big fella from up Northeast so I don’t think it’s him.
Also called Crawford “Blake Burke and Garret Crochet combined into one” so…

Burns, Tidwell, Dollander, Beam, and Crawford.

A literal major league 5-man rotation. We wouldn’t even need to have true weekend starters. Just add a few more week day games to the schedule and do real a man’s (and woman’s) rotation, ya hear!

Whatever happened to the transfer from Missouri that was hurt?

Who is he going to replace? Beam, Dollander, or Burns? You really going to tell one of them they aren’t starting if they keep improving?

I just don’t see the rotation changing at all next year, but I could be wrong.
True, but a year ago you (and most everyone else) probably would have made a similar claim about Tidwell.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just listened to Tony’s interview on the Drive. Definitely sounds like the big addition today isn’t public. Later in the interview he referred to Crawford as the big fella from up Northeast so I don’t think it’s him.
So I wasn’t completely wrong!
Skenes maybe?

There has been a lot of talk of Crawford having 2 way ability. If he's on the team next spring - considering he's coming off Tommy John - what are the possible ways to use him as a 2 way player? We saw how cautious the staff was with Joyce. I assume they would never have Crawford relieve mid inning from 1st base? Starter? Reliever? How do you see it playing out?

I listened to Coach V's interview on The Drive, and personally, I don't think there is a mystery player. I think he was referencing Reggie Crawford without naming him. In his interview with SportsTalk earlier this week, he mentioned that he was thinking about the "big boy" or "big player" (I forget which term he used) that we just got from the portal. Again, I think he was talking about Crawford.

I listened to Coach V's interview on The Drive, and personally, I don't think there is a mystery player. I think he was referencing Reggie Crawford without naming him. In his interview with SportsTalk earlier this week, he mentioned that he was thinking about the "big boy" or "big player" (I forget which term he used) that we just got from the portal. Again, I think he was talking about Crawford.

That’s what I mentioned the other day, too. But others had me convinced it might not be the case haha. If it is Crawford, the fact that Tony mentioned it “finalizes” our roster tells me 2 things:

1) He is confident Crawford isn’t going to the majors unless there is a massive surprise
2) Skenes must have told us we’re out of the running.

It was probably Crawford. He was on 104.5 Nashville Wednesday and was alluding to waiting on a player based on what happens in draft this weekend. He was talking about how you hope your guys coached get drafted high but the ones you haven’t had a chance to coach you hope they don’t go high. He was definitely talking Crawford in the 104.5 interview he just couldn’t say his name yet because of paperwork

That’s what I mentioned the other day, too. But others had me convinced it might not be the case haha. If it is Crawford, the fact that Tony mentioned it “finalizes” our roster tells me 2 things:

1) He is confident Crawford isn’t going to the majors unless there is a massive surprise
2) Skenes must have told us we’re out of the running.

*nods* The "finalize" part stood out to me as well. I get your thought process about it might shape our roster. Good thing is we don't have to wait long to find out for sure. FWIW, McKee hasn't mentioned Skenes in a while. On the other hand, he personally feels there may be a 50/50 chance that Crawford makes it to campus , which is a greater percentage than what national media folks think.

Listened to Coach Vitello's interview on the 07/14 Drive Podcast this afternoon. Coach Vitello is always entertaining and shares information freely. Everything Coach Vitello shared could change with the draft obviously but here are my take aways.

Seth Stepenson really wants to come back for one more year at Tennessee. Seth played SS in HS and JUCO and wants to master a position (probably CF) before he has to battle in the "cutthroat" world of MLB.

Reggie Crawford committed to Tennessee via Twitter on Tuesday 07/12/22. Unless the Drive Podcast is pre-recorded something happened concerning recruiting on Thursday 07/14/22. To the question, "Is your roster pretty well set now"? Coach Vitello answered, "With what went on today it is." He said, "I can't really discuss because the paperwork isn't signed, but after today we are done unless a great player expresses interest in our program after the draft."

Cortland Lawson has expressed his desire to move on with his career. Coach Vitello is hopeful he gets drafted. So, the Maui Ahuna signing didn't affect Cortland as he knew he was leaving to further his career. Coach Vitello said it did cause one person to jump ship (signee Dakota Harris).

In discussing Reggie Crawford, Coach Vitello said, "When talking to the big guy from the northeast, I told him if you get drafted in the first round, I will throw my clip board against the wall." He said, "The big guy (still can't officially use his name) is very confident in his ability and understands what that ability is worth and will not compromise."

Zane Denton who is from middle Tennessee and has always been a Tennessee football fan is going to have a great year at Tennessee next year. Ironically, it was Zane's line drive that hit Chase Dollander in the Alabama Series.

Coach Vitello said, " We have positioned our selves well to take some hits in the draft and we are going to take some hits." But in the end, he sounded very positive about the future.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back