‘23 NC CG Freddie Dillone

So he’s likely the reclass BTO is hinting at?

Who knows. But, it feels like it fits. We know we missed in the portal on getting another lead guard. We know our thinnest position is lead guard. We know that our 3/4 is pretty filled out and has no room for more competition. So, that all points to the reclass being a lead guard or combo guard that can play the 1 and Dillone has said he sees himself as a 1. If the shoe fits.......

@ Cal
he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

It's always cup check season. Beware.

I give Cal credit where credit is due. I think he gets a bad rap by opposing fans. He does have some things he is simply not good at. But he also has some coaching qualities that are elite. With that said, how can anyone watch UK play and like their system?!?! Their system on the court is not good. If by system he simply means getting players drafted high then ok. That "system" is certainly successful.

I give Cal credit where credit is due. I think he gets a bad rap by opposing fans. He does have some things he is simply not good at. But he also has some coaching qualities that are elite. With that said, how can anyone watch UK play and like their system?!?! Their system on the court is not good. If by system he simply means getting players drafted high then ok. That "system" is certainly successful.
Agreed. Cal is just an okay Xs and Os coach, but he is an excellent recruiter, motivator, and manager.

If Barnes gets this dude and he reclassifies watch out for this upcoming basketball team. I've been feeling that way about the team before hand so this is a huge bonus. Go Vawls!

I don't really know this players abilities, but it seems he could be this year's Barnes' special in the mold of SV and ZZZ. Might not be him, but I just have to feel if the staff sees an issue at the 1, they will take a shot at fixing it.

I will scream to heaven above if UK swoops in and offers this kid after dragging their feet on him forever and then he commits to them

Cliffsnotes:
•Speaks glowing of Tennessee, lots of smiles in his comments about the program.
•Mentions schools wanting him to reclassify to 2022, but insists he's staying 2023. Probably the mystery reclass candidate, but from his own mouth, it doesn't sound like he's seriously considering it. Maybe he's being coy.
•Says he wants to cut his list to 5 by the end of the summer.

VN Store

Back