War in Ukraine

They won't any time soon after seeing what Putin's misstep is costing Russia. Besides China is in pretty dire economic straits right now. They're basically robbing their citizen's bank accounts to stay afloat.
Keep dreaming on that one. China's Navy could have a blockade of Taiwan in a week max. The logistics would be totally different in trying to get weapons to Taiwan than it is with Ukraine.

Keep dreaming on that one. China's Navy could have a blockade of Taiwan in a week max. The logistics would be totally different in trying to get weapons to Taiwan than it is with Ukraine.

No doubt...what is is 60-90 miles? The US would have to traverse the Pacific. Strategic military loser.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Come on Ras.
No, you c'mon. You are getting your info from the same people that told us Russiagate, Hunter's laptop was fake news, "safe and effective" vaccines, masks will save grandma, Chinese wet markets, plumbing issues in State Farm Arena, Ghost of Kyiv, Snake Island, the ruble will become rubble, Putin has blood cancer/Parkinsons, and so on and so on and so on... but you are still holding on to this narrative that Russia is losing and/or going broke. That narrative is simply detached from reality and you should know that these peddlers of lies cannot be trusted.

Reactions: DonjoVol
No, you c'mon. You are getting your info from the same people that told us Russiagate, Hunter's laptop was fake news, "safe and effective" vaccines, masks will save grandma, Chinese wet markets, plumbing issues in State Farm Arena, Ghost of Kyiv, Snake Island, the ruble will become rubble, Putin has blood cancer/Parkinsons, and so on and so on and so on... but you are still holding on to this narrative that Russia is losing and/or going broke. That narrative is simply detached from reality and you should know that these peddlers of lies cannot be trusted.
And now they think we've taught China a lesson lol

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
How do you know the weapons aren't already there? Besides a military response is not their greatest fear. Their economy is already on the ropes and I don't think they want to put it at any greater risk by pulling a Putin.

We cannot even effectively function providing our own needs..yoiu and I know it as we talk about it all the time. I am hanging by a thread on a $130K order now because I cant get (8) vacuum pumps to a company right now before the end of Jan 2023.
I am over this crap.

Of course the Ukrainians would be preferential treatment to make USA look skrong
Don’t feel bad. Lead time on one of my key catalysts from Germany is 25 months right now. And it is not due to Pootin’s war, just overbooking at the plant. Need a bigger warehouse in Texas. On another front I ordered 30000 lbs of alumina beads 5 months ago, to be produced in the US and delivered June 10 in drums. Funny thing is, after several weeks of “wait one more week” come to find out they have it in supersacks but still waiting for the steel drums from Greif to put in in. Meanwhile a customer in Dallas area in turnaround can’t start back up without 3000 lbs I don’t have yet. But just picked up 6000 lbs in bags on a hotshot this morning and will be drumming it here at 7 AM tomorrow morning. Life is good!

It’s not „blame“ for the Russian people (only a handful of who were even alive when Nicholas II and his family were herded into the Basement „Room of Special Purpose“ in Ekaternberg in 1918. But crimes like that have consequences and echos that continue long after the sound of gunshots fade.
I greatly mourn for the people of Russia, just as I do Ukraine. It is time for this war to STOP.
Well I completely understand and agree with that. They lived in 70+ years of terror and lost tens of millions in the process. My main point with you is what you said in your first post:

Orange Tsar declares…..
Russia remains under a continuous curse that brings unending sorrow and tragedy because they deposed and murdered their rightfully appointed Tsar and his family in the 1917 revolution. Everything has went wrong since then.
The Russian people were not the main drivers behind the Russian Revolution, so not "they". I've gone over this before, look at who ended up leading the USSR in the aftermath and look at who was responsible for financing Lenin.

You're getting your info from state run media too. Neither one of us knows what's going on over there but Russian history shows that they don't rebuild **** after a war.

How do you know the weapons aren't already there? Besides a military response is not their greatest fear. Their economy is already on the ropes and I don't think they want to put it at any greater risk by pulling a Putin.
How much of our manufacturing is in China? You really think we're going to pull a stunt like that with China?

Plus China has the largest active military in the world and I believe the 2nd largest Navy. You really think they couldn't handle Taiwan?

I wouldn't want to see this happen but I'm being realistic on what the outcome would more than likely be.

Well I completely understand and agree with that. They lived in 70+ years of terror and lost tens of millions in the process. My main point with you is what you said in your first post:

The Russian people were not the main drivers behind the Russian Revolution, so not "they". I've gone over this before, look at who ended up leading the USSR in the aftermath and look at who was responsible for financing Lenin.
The irony of Lenin‘s rise to me had always been that it was the Germans who transported him to the borders of Russia in a sealed railway car in a successful bid to get Russia out of the war so they could put everything into the Western Front. A very cautionary tale about unintended consequences from a decision to gain a short term goal. Sort of like if the Democrats succeeded in eliminating the filibuster right now before the Republicans come to power.

What if the employer already has a bias against veterans? You really think that doesn't exist? And yes companies could more than educate themselves on the actually jobs (MOS, AFSC, etc) that exist in the military. This way employers have a more open mind when interviewing veterans.

Plus as we've already discussed there are job candidates that can easily put all the right keywords in their resume and BS their way thru the entire interview.
A job candidate will, in my mind, look more qualified if they can educate the employer on why they are right for the job based on their own experience and background rather than saying, "you need to go talk to these people and let them explain to you what their former employees did and why they are good for the job."

That outside "education" doesn't tell me anything about the candidate. It tells me about their former employer.

You're getting your info from state run media too. Neither one of us knows what's going on over there but Russian history shows that they don't rebuild **** after a war.
I'm sorting through the info that makes sense. Eat the meat and spit out the bones. Nothing coming out of Ukraine or Washington makes any sense. The maps, the Russian ruble, the economic disasters in Europe and here at home... all indicators point clearly to Russia not losing or being affected, but actually shows The West being destroyed. This cannot be refuted.

Reactions: happy-go_vol
How much of our manufacturing is in China? You really think we're going to pull a stunt like that with China?

Plus China has the largest active military in the world and I believe the 2nd largest Navy. You really think they couldn't handle Taiwan?

I wouldn't want to see this happen but I'm being realistic on what the outcome would more than likely be.
The one thing that would immediately cripple China? If every American simply stoped walking into Walmart or ordering from Amazon anything and everything that said „made in China“. We are our own worst enemy and have bankrolled our own adversary just for the luxury of buying a cheap 19.99 vegetable slicer at Walmart

Hey now, they „built“ up Eastern Europe after WWII don’t you Know? How else would we have enjoyed such wonderful things as the Yugo and the Skoda? 😂

The irony of Lenin‘s rise to me had always been that it was the Germans who transported him to the borders of Russia in a sealed railway car in a successful bid to get Russia out of the war so they could put everything into the Western Front. A very cautionary tale about unintended consequences from a decision to gain a short term goal. Sort of like if the Democrats succeeded in eliminating the filibuster right now before the Republicans come to power.
There is a lot to unpack in that. I'm not certain it is as straightforward as it is believed. Britain also had incentive to see both Russia AND Germany defeated.

A job candidate will, in my mind, look more qualified if they can educate the employer on why they are right for the job based on their own experience and background rather than saying, "you need to go talk to these people and let them explain to you what their former employees did and why they are good for the job."

That outside "education" doesn't tell me anything about the candidate. It tells me about their former employer.
You still didn't address the questions I asked. There are biases against veterans coming out of the service when they are looking for employment. They can try and educate the person interviewing them all they want. But if the interviewer doesn't believe then due to a preconceived stereotype then it's useless trying to "educate" them. Plus most interviews have the same set of useless questions and aren't an opportunity to educate the employer.

The one thing that would immediately cripple China? If every American simply stoped walking into Walmart or ordering from Amazon anything and everything that said „made in China“. We are our own worst enemy and have bankrolled our own adversary just for the luxury of buying a cheap 19.99 vegetable slicer at Walmart
Much of it is due to NAFTA. We could bring most of our manufacturing back to this country. But we won't and we are not about to try and get involved in a conflict with one of our biggest trading partners. It is really just flat out ridiculous for anyone to think we've taught them a lesson.

Don’t feel bad. Lead time on one of my key catalysts from Germany is 25 months right now. And it is not due to Pootin’s war, just overbooking at the plant. Need a bigger warehouse in Texas. On another front I ordered 30000 lbs of alumina beads 5 months ago, to be produced in the US and delivered June 10 in drums. Funny thing is, after several weeks of “wait one more week” come to find out they have it in supersacks but still waiting for the steel drums from Greif to put in in. Meanwhile a customer in Dallas area in turnaround can’t start back up without 3000 lbs I don’t have yet. But just picked up 6000 lbs in bags on a hotshot this morning and will be drumming it here at 7 AM tomorrow morning. Life is good!

Sure enough the VP's are from..Germany. They must be having major issues. Offered alts that can deliver in time..but customer wants what I am offering.
So you are probably thinking...what are you talking about...I am competing against an OEM that is providing food production equipment with option to provide the same brand VP!
I cannot figure it out as other than preferential treatment. The Plant Engineer has provided every op to me as already purchased compressed air and blowers from me..but having to take a loss on this one I suppose.
I can still get qty (3) by end of Dec with plant becoming operational in Jan....but balance of (5) by end of March. In wait mode.

Much of it is due to NAFTA. We could bring most of our manufacturing back to this country. But we won't and we are not about to try and get involved in a conflict with one of our biggest trading partners. It is really just flat out ridiculous for anyone to think we've taught them a lesson.
We don't have a work force willing to lift a finger anymore that can work in a factory. I'm starting to side with the democrats that we need to import actual people that can work instead of our pansy ass kids that can't do anything other than bitch and complain.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

You're asking the wrong question. The question should be do you think China would try to pull a stunt like that? Their manufacturing prowess will be for naught if they don't have anyone to sell to.

I suspect China's military may prove to be superior to Russia's. It's yet to be seen though. No one, and I mean no one, thought Russia's military was as pathetic as it has proven to be.

VN Store

Back