‘23 GA LB Jalen Smith (Tennessee commit)

Oh I’m definitely happy with it so far. Just think there’s so massive holes on the roster that need to be addressed. Hopefully it happens in the portal though
I agree I just can’t see any holes right now other than the ones Smith will be filling with Al Wilson type intensity 🍊

iu
moar.jpg

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I’m not asking for Rome to be built in a day (SEC champs in year 3-4) and with the transfer portal and the apparent resources we have with Spyre there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to build a city like London (competing for the East and 9-3 being the floor) in 3-4 years

Reactions: Volsdeep4
I’m not asking for Rome to be built in a day (SEC champs in year 3-4) and with the transfer portal and the apparent resources we have with Spyre there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to build a city like London (competing for the East and 9-3 being the floor) in 3-4 years
And you can't fill all the holes in one day. (Teed up for @Glitch ) so let's fill these hole one recruit at a time and enjoy the process!

Andrew Ivins, a Southeast recruiting analyst for 247Sports, said Smith is “another nice find for Tennessee on the defensive side of the ball.” He received a scholarship offer from the Vols nearly six months ago and now holds offers from at least 40 schools.

“Smith was a beast as a junior, totaling a school-record 173 tackles, which is a bit wild if you think about it,” Ivins said of Smith, who’s ranked the No. 439 overall prospect and No. 40 linebacker in the 2023 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Love his ability to come downhill and close gaps. Quick to trigger, as well.

“You probably wish the frame was a little bit bigger and longer. But he’s someone that can play in space, and that’s important these days. He’s also not afraid to strike somebody.”
Smith also is rated a three-star prospect by 247Sports, where he’s ranked the No. 52 linebacker in the 2023 class.

He visited Tennessee for the first time in late March, attending one of the Vols’ spring practices. That visit helped them emerge as one of the favorites to land him.

LSU, Miami, Southern Cal, Oregon, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Maryland, Utah, Vanderbilt and West Virginia are among the other teams that have extended offers to Smith, who was a first-year starter last season at Atlanta-area powerhouse Grayson.

Smith joined Jeremiah Telander of Gainesville (Ga.) High School as the second projected linebacker in Tennessee’s 2023 class. Ivins also spoke highly of Telander when he announced his commitment to the Vols on June 26, calling him “a good athlete with some spring to him.” Ivins said Telander “has some good instincts and can also provide some pass-rushing value in certain situations.”

The addition of Smith, along with Telander, should improve Tennessee’s future outlook at linebacker.

“(Smith) and Jeremiah Telander, who is also from Georgia, could give the Vols a nice potential 1-2 punch at linebacker someday,” Ivins said.
-Callahan

And you can't fill all the holes in one day. (Teed up for @Glitch ) so let's fill these hole one recruit at a time and enjoy the process!
There’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to find better LBs and CBs than Beasley, Page, Burrell, and Hadden in the transfer portal if we’re able to go 8-4 or 9-3 this upcoming season

No argument here but we can't address the portal today so let's just enjoy the booms!
I do have high hopes for Desmond Williams, Christian Charles, and Turnage though. Hopefully we can lock up the top JUCO corner this class and maybe get a disgruntled corner and LB from Bama or Georgia this upcoming off-season

VN Store

Back