Hatchet buried. Advice welcome.

God says all things are possible to those who believe.

You say not possible. One of you is lying and it's not Him!

Go Lady Vols!

PS. Wear orange.
Donā€™t know the guy except from old books. And I never lieā€¦way too much work. My swag is low key with a National Flag Blue motif.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There is plenty to do on winter weekends in Knoxville, BTW. Stay at one of our many good hotels downtown that weekend and visit the many wonderful restaurant and shops in the Market Square and downtown area - it's a short Uber/Lyft ride to Thompson-Boling Arena for the game.

I was shocked how dead and decrepit Hartford was last February when my wife and I attended the game. I was also surprised how bad the Hilton (they didn't even have an open restaurant) and the area around the arena was compared to times past.

There is plenty to do on winter weekends in Knoxville, BTW. Stay at one of our many good hotels downtown that weekend and visit the many wonderful restaurant and shops in the Market Square and downtown area - it's a short Uber/Lyft ride to Thompson-Boling Arena for the game.

I was shocked how dead and decrepit Hartford was last February when my wife and I attended the game. I was also surprised how bad the Hilton (they didn't even have an open restaurant) and the area around the arena was compared to times past.
Sounds good. Thank you.

BTW : Hartford died in about in 1970.

From its founding in the 1630s it was beautifulā€¦and rich. Mark Twain called it the ā€œloveliest city that ever wasā€. The capital grounds and nearby museums, library, and ancient burial yard are outstanding. What still impresses is the court room where old John Quincy Adams spoke on behalf of the Africans from the Amistad.

But the rest of the city is dirty, poor, and really boring. See the game and head to Vermont immediately afterā€¦my routine for years.

What mountains ? How far from TBA ? How high ? I am a Vermonter by way of the Litchfield Hills in nw CTā€¦and am stuck in the Land of Burt Umber, aka KCMO, and I miss mountains, trees, and lots of streams, ponds, and lakes. Especially in winter.
The Smokies make the peaks in Vermont look like small hills as they are 50% taller!

I was at the game in Hartford in the early 2000's when Diana Taurasi single handedly beat us after we led for most of the game (Kara Lawson missing some shots didn't help). My daughter and I were lucky enough to score some tickets behind the Lady Vols bench.

I remember the hotel, which was a Hyatt then, being nice and the mall attached to the arena was very active. We didn't venture far, because the snow was a foot deep, but did go across the street to a very nice restaurant that I don't remember the name of.

Conversely, this year we walked about 5 blocks to a neat, but largely deserted Irish Pub for lunch. We did find a very good restaurant, the Feng Chophouse, for dinner that night, but were reminded very quickly that we weren't in the south. A lady at a table across from us got up to complain to another table that was loud and started yelling and slapping the table to make her point...reminding us that Yankees are not as quite as gentile as Southerners. I kidded with our waiter when he presented the bill about there being an entertainment fee which we both had a good laugh about!

Sounds good. Thank you.

BTW : Hartford died in about in 1970.

From its founding in the 1630s it was beautifulā€¦and rich. Mark Twain called it the ā€œloveliest city that ever wasā€. The capital grounds and nearby museums, library, and ancient burial yard are outstanding. What still impresses is the court room where old John Quincy Adams spoke on behalf of the Africans from the Amistad.

But the rest of the city is dirty, poor, and really boring. See the game and head to Vermont immediately afterā€¦my routine for years.

Last edited:
I was at the game in Hartford in the early 2000's when Diana Taurasi single handedly beat us after we lead for most of the game (Kara Lawson missing some shots didn't help). My daughter and I were lucky enough to score some tickets behind the Lady Vols bench.

I remember the hotel, which was a Hyatt then, being nice and the mall attached to the arena was very active. We didn't venture far, because the snow was a foot deep, but did go across the street to a very nice restaurant that I don't remember the name of.

Conversely, this year we walked about 5 blocks to a neat, but largely deserted Irish Pub for lunch. We did find a very good restaurant, the Feng Chophouse, for dinner that night, but were reminded very quickly that we weren't in the south. A lady at a table across from us got up to complain to another table that was loud and started yelling and slapping the table to make her point...reminding us that Yankees are not as quite as gentile as Southerners. I kidded with our waiter when he presented the bill about there being an entertainment fee which we both had a good laugh about!
If itā€™s the game I think you were atā€¦.me too. All day snow storm but the game was a certainty. And youā€™re exactly rightā€¦an honest foot and still falling. Iā€™d driven in all snow from Vermont that morning. We had floor seats and I was fascinated with Pat and little Tyler. And thousands saw a great game. ā€˜03 ?

2003 sounds about right... I remember walking around in the mall next to the arena before the game and a teenager and her mom asked if I knew where they could get a Lady Vol lapel pin like I was wearing. Well, of course, I had bought it in Knoxville, so I took it off and gave it to them. They were so excited...as I found out talking with them, the daughter was there on a recruiting visit to UCONN! šŸ˜

If itā€™s the game I think you were atā€¦.me too. All day snow storm but the game was a certainty. And youā€™re exactly rightā€¦an honest foot and still falling. Iā€™d driven in all snow from Vermont that morning. We had floor seats and I was fascinated with Pat and little Tyler. And thousands saw a great game. ā€˜03 ?

Iā€™ve driven in the northern American Rockies but the highest Iā€™ve climbed is Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. Just being high in clean forest air will be a treat especially in winter.
No doubt about air at altitude being refreshing! Iā€™m very familiar with Mt. Washington as I live in the Live Free or Die state!

Reactions: 1reVOLver
No doubt about air at altitude being refreshing! Iā€™m very familiar with Mt. Washington as I live in the Live Free or Die state!
ā€œThere are the British. And today they are oursā€¦or tonight Molly Stark sleeps a widow.ā€ Now treasure the memory of sitting with Old Man of the Mountain.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Actually, Kellie is pretty smart to schedule CTā€¦to be the best, you have play the best, etcā€¦And the LVs are on the rise.
Stay humble visitor. Connecticut is good but are not the best, thatā€™s South Carolina. Kellie is smart scheduling the Huskies because itā€™s historically been known as the biggest rivalry in womenā€™s college basketball. Neither team has won a National Championship with anyone on their current rosters.

M

Me ? And you ? The Coach Jumper ? In a place thatā€™s really called Pigeon Forge ? Where would it end up ? Iā€™m a lifetime hoop guy as well as all Storrs. You might regret it and push me on a steep crevasse ![/QUOTE

VN Store

Back