‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

Here is a quote from 247 article Andrew Ivins

“If there's one program that seems to be posing the biggest threat to the Seminoles, I believe it's UT. Simmons is also close with Vols' assistant Glen Elarbee and his father actually played with Josh Heupel at Oklahoma. Could that tie/relationship be enough to sway things in favor of Tennessee? Possibly, but I still think Simmons relationship with Atkins and multiple FSU players is going to be hard to top.”

“If there's one program that seems to be posing the biggest threat to the Seminoles, I believe it's UT. Simmons is also close with Vols' assistant Glen Elarbee and his father actually played with Josh Heupel at Oklahoma. Could that tie/relationship be enough to sway things in favor of Tennessee? Possibly, but I still think Simmons relationship with Atkins and multiple FSU players is going to be hard to top.”
I’m good as long as he doesn’t go to Florida

I want to believe!

Norvell is 8-13 in a terrible conference. I know the situation in Tallahassee wasn’t great when ole Jimbo left and then Taggert after but it wasn’t any worse than ours last year and our coach exceeded expectations. Norvell is gone if he doesn’t show real improvement this year and I don’t see why anyone would want to commit there before seeing that progress.

Norvell is 8-13 in a terrible conference. I know the situation in Tallahassee wasn’t great when ole Jimbo left and then Taggert after but it wasn’t any worse than ours last year and our coach exceeded expectations. Norvell is gone if he doesn’t show real improvement this year and I don’t see why anyone would want to commit there before seeing that progress.

I see posters all the time who want recruits to commit to a school and not a coach…

I still don’t buy that he’s going anywhere but FSU. But…

If I were reading this from Callahan, AP, or Hubbs regarding someone we were a longtime leader for, it would have me worried.

lol that read almost exactly how our mods sounded with our lost 5 stars

Sounds like we finish a close second here. Sux.

LSU is going to crush him on national TV Sunday night of opening weekend.

I think we land Ramil, with Simmons I think it could go either way, I do think we are in top 2. I still am going to say probably FSU but it would be nice to get a little surprise there and it is within the realm of a possibility for sure! GBO!

Get 'em Woodlawn!

I'm not even worried if we lose Simmons because I think we get him from the transfer portal after Norvell gets fired in 1-2 years.
That is a possibility. And the one and only good thing about finishing number 2 in a recruiting battle. If they win he probably stays but if the crumble it could send him our way. GBO! Maybe he will surprise and pick the Vols first!

I agree, just not wanting to witness another VN meltdown if its not us. It gets tiring.
Our “meltdowns” are way overhyped. There’s not a fanbase more genetically prepared for disappointment. 😴

Reactions: UTMVol76
Jax State is landing 5 star recruits and position coaches who are top 5 recruiters. Pretty sure someone knows something about who the next coach at FSU will be. I’m not saying he’s going to be successful there, but I don’t think they’re just going to lose everyone to the portal the first year.

Reactions: 67Vol

VN Store

Back