USC and UCLA to leave Pac 12 for Big Ten

The SWC didn’t want to stay with Baylor

CUSA didn’t want Baylor

The Big 8 didn’t want Baylor

Colorado, Mizzou, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma left Baylor

The PAC 12 wanted every big 12 team but Baylor and Iowa St and Kansas St

The SEC, Big Ten and now the new ACC/P12 alliance doesn’t want Baylor.

I’m sure they are all just looking at your “massive” TV draw. Lol

You are a nobody. Always have been. Always will be. Rapists, drug murders, Waco, cultists. 46k fanbase in a midmajor conference playing Cincinnati, Kansas St, TCU and UCF

It’s sad knowing you can and will never be anything more. TCU, Texas Tech, Houston and SMU’s little brother and Texas and Texas A&M’s afterthought
Meth is not your friend. Please put down the pipe for your sake. 👍

WTF??? 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Attendance at games doesn't bring in TV ratings. We're in a new century now. Time to catch up 😂😂🤣
Size of alumni base in comparison to the rest of the universities in the state? Y'all are screwed. Enjoy flag football. Rightly deserved. Disgusting school.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
This guy is a good follow. He’s been on point on this expansion stuff. This is from April:

B1G reportedly looking at possibly; Arizona State, Arizona, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Kansas, Baylor and Kansas State along with continuing to chase Notre Dame

F that noise. UNC football can EAD. They don’t deserve our conference .

It's not the football Sankey would want from UNC, it's the basketball. Getting UNC basketball can drive up the basketball media contracts as well, especially if you put UNC/UK in the same division.

It's not the football Sankey would want from UNC, it's the basketball. Getting UNC basketball can drive up the basketball media contracts as well, especially if you put UNC/UK in the same division.
I think UNC overall has the biggest brand. If Sankey was willing to overlook mediocre to bad football for Carolina then they definitely should for Duke too. Duke/UNC and UK twice a year would be good for basketball, but football is truly driving the bus.

I'll have to see those teams leave the ACC to believe ESPN wants out of a contract where they are getting an entire conference for the price they would have to pay those 4 teams to join the SEC.

I have never heard of this guy, but his work indicates that he mostly covers swimming. Not sure how much I trust his "source."
I guess you must not be in the know. Swimswam is the leading source for all things college football realignment…🤥

I think UNC overall has the biggest brand. If Sankey was willing to overlook mediocre to bad football for Carolina then they definitely should for Duke too. Duke/UNC and UK twice a year would be good for basketball, but football is truly driving the bus.
I think Duke's appeal is a lot less now with Krzyzewski gone. All they have ever been is a men's basketball school and now that program will likely drop in relevance.

However, adding them will give the SEC inroads to New Jersey,

BTW, I have a buddy who is a big-time admin at one of the schools at FSU, and he says he's hearing B1G from his trusted source.

I think Duke's appeal is a lot less now with Krzyzewski gone. All they have ever been is a men's basketball school and now that program will likely drop in relevance.

However, adding them will give the SEC inroads to New Jersey,
I’ve said all along that Duke will have a better # in NYC/NJ and Connecticut than Rutgers.

Listened to John Skipper today on the radio. Former president of ESPN. His take made a lot of sense. It's all about money. Which means it's all about expanding tv eyeballs. Which means it makes zero sense to add a school where you already have a foothold. For example why would the sec add Clemson? You aren't going to get more money in a tv deal and have another mouth to feed. Look for SEC to add a North Carolina school and Virginia school. Look for Big to add a Texas school and Oklahoma school. Big and ACC wanting ND bad.

Last edited:
Listened to John Skipper today on the radio. Former president of Disney. His take mad a lot of sense. It's all about money. Which means it's all about expanding tv eyeballs. Which means it makes zero sense to add a school where you already have a foothold. For example why would the sec add Clemson? You aren't going to get more money in a tv deal and have bother mouth to feed. Look for SEC to add a North Carolina school and Virginia school. Look for Big to add a Texas school and Oklahoma school. Big and ACC wanting ND bad.

I don't see the Big 10 adding Okie Lite. And I really don't know who they'd pull out of Texas. None of the remaining schools really move the needle.

Reactions: TrueOrange
I don't see the Big 10 adding Okie Lite. And I really don't know who they'd pull out of Texas. None of the remaining schools really move the needle.
Texas Tech and Houston have massive alumni bases. Okie State isn't bad. It's all about eyeballs and not about success on the field.

Texas Tech and Houston have massive alumni bases. Okie State isn't bad. It's all about eyeballs and not about success on the field.

I just don't think that they fit the Big 10 mold. It's mostly nonsense, but it's nonsense that they want to pretend is important.

Beyond that, I think they want to look further west than TX and OK in order to help out USC and UCLA.

VN Store

Back