Cameron Seldon is committed to Tennessee

WHAT THE VOLS ARE GETTING...

Think of Seldon as a Swiss Army knife. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound athlete can do a lot of different things in all three phases of the game. Seldon will certainly have a role in the return game from the moment he sets foot on campus and he'll likely impact the more on the offensive side of the ball than on defense. Imagine Seldon playing a role similar to what Deebo Samuel does for the San Fransisco 49ers. He has the speed and strength to create favorable matchups when lining up as a receiver. Using that 10.7-second 100-meter speed and his 210-pound frame, defensive backs will have a hard time slowing Seldon down at the line of scrimmage and bringing him down in the open field will be a tall task as well. He has pretty good hands but is raw as a route runner, relying on his physical gifts to beat the competition. Look for Seldon to work out of the slot more than out wide, as a way to take advantage of his speed against bigger defenders. Seldon also has a skill set that should allow him to be very effective on screen passes and even getting handoffs or tosses on outside running plays.
Seldon plays on the edge of the defense at the high school level but, if he were to play defense in college, look for him to play a role as an off-the-ball linebacker or in the box safety. He's at his best when he can use his speed and football instincts to flow to the ball but there would be a fairly steep learning curve for him to adapt to a college defensive scheme.

Seldon do you see athletes of this caliber come to Rocky Top!
Not too many years ago, it happened all the time. You should be old enough to remember that. [I know, I know, you just wanted to do the pun]

We're getting back there now. Heup's bringing us back to championship football.

Go Vols!

I have wanted this kid bad for some time. He will be a X Factor in our Offense. The only reason he isn't a 5 Star is because of the competition he's played.

I honestly think he’s a bigger get than Tate would’ve been. This guy does it all and has the build to step in immediately and start contributing

I honestly think he’s a bigger get than Tate would’ve been. This guy does it all and has the build to step in immediately and start contributing
I couldn't agree more Hoss. He is already a man among boys on the field. He is lighting quick for his size and he plays mean. He's not afriad of contact either. Nico has to be ecstatic.

Pretty sure Patterson was around 205 coming out of high school. This kid is 220. Patterson was a few inches taller too if I remember right.

Seldon do you see athletes of this caliber come to Rocky Top!

Not too many years ago, it happened all the time. You should be old enough to remember that. [I know, I know, you just wanted to do the pun]

We're getting back there now. Heup's bringing us back to championship football.

Go Vols!

zZBDnl.gif

VN Store

Back