USC and UCLA to leave Pac 12 for Big Ten

They didn’t want Baylor. That’s for sure
Bad business decision on their part:

29. UCLA — 1.18M
30. Baylor — 1.16M
31. Illinois — 1.13M
32. Southern Cal — 1.11M

Cost them a conference as both UCLA and USC are out the door 👍

That would be a decent conference. Throw in Nebraska and Mizzou too (I know that’s not happening).
Would rather have Colorado St or Air Force. Maybe even Tulsa:

63. UCF — 407K
64. Colorado — 366K
65. Tulsa — 358K

Getting into Big Ten country would be huge but letting Big Ten get into SEC would not? It would be a mistake to let Big Ten take FSU and Miami, a huge mistake. The SEC doesn't need to expand nationwide, it's going to be a hindrance for the smaller sports as the Big Ten will learn. Our best option is keeping our footprint relatively southern and add FSU, Miami, and Clemson at the least and go from there.
FSU, Miami, and Clemson aren't AAU. The B1G has never added a school (including USC and UCLA) that isn't AAU. Only Nebraska, which was in the AAU when they were added to the B1G, is not in the AAU.

The B1G isn't coming south for FSU, Miami, and Clemson. They will take GaTech and/or UVa and/or NC but they are, at the core, too elitist academically to take non-research schools.

They have "standards" and the only non-AAU school they'd consider is Notre Dame.

I don't see ND being interested in this, in a USC-less Pac 12.

I mean, Notre Dame would still be an independent when it comes to football. I’m not sure how much they’ll care, if at all.

The article notes any such setup as “the 24 combined ACC and Pac-12 teams”, so that would only mean the 14 football-participating ACC members and the remaining 10 PAC-12 members are all that’s being discussed here.

Last edited:
I mean, Notre Dame would still be an independent when it comes to football. I’m not sure how much they’ll care, if at all.

The article notes any such setup as “the 24 combined ACC and Pac-12 teams”, so that would only mean the 14 football-participating ACC members and the remaining 10 PAC-12 members (Oregon and Washington not included) are all that’s being discussed.
I’m guessing it would mean they keep their 5 team setup w/ the ACC, start a similar 5 game setup w/ the PAC-10 and then play USC and a combo of Michigan, MSU, Purdue, Northwestern and maybe Ohio State (like this season). Or the Big 10 could tell Notre Dame to f*** off and not allow their schools to schedule them if Notre Dame turns them down.

Baylor. Always left out of the big boy discussions 😂 imagine playing front of 43k people and your biggest conference rivals are TCU, directional Florida, Kansas St and Cincinnati 😂😂😂😂
Or 8M 😁

Total viewership for top five conference championship games.

SEC – 15.3mm (8.16)
B1G – 11.6mm (6.21)
Big 12 – 8.0mm (4.83)
PAC-12 – 4.2mm (2.46)
AAC – 3.4mm (2.04)
ACC – 2.6mm (1.53)

Big 12 almost doubled the PAC-12 and tripled the ACC

AAC outdrew the ACC.

Or 8M 😁

Total viewership for top five conference championship games.

SEC – 15.3mm (8.16)
B1G – 11.6mm (6.21)
Big 12 – 8.0mm (4.83)
PAC-12 – 4.2mm (2.46)
AAC – 3.4mm (2.04)
ACC – 2.6mm (1.53)

Big 12 almost doubled the PAC-12 and tripled the ACC

AAC outdrew the ACC.
Because it was the only game on at the time that had some small affect on the playoff if Oklahoma state had won. Not because anyone cared about Baylor lol. And the Big xii is right on par with the ACC and P12. They don’t matter. The big boys make all the decision and money. We will let you know when you are allowed to participate in any real decision making. (Hint - it will never happen midmajor)

Because it was the only game on at the time that had some small affect on the playoff if Oklahoma state had won. Not because anyone cared about Baylor lol. And the Big xii is right on par with the ACC and P12. They don’t matter. The big boys make all the decision and money. We will let you know when you are allowed to participate in any real decision making. (Hint - it will never happen midmajor)
You mean Alabama and Texas will tell you when you're allowed in a big boy discussion 😂😂🤣

You mean Alabama and Texas will tell you when you're allowed in a big boy discussion 😂😂🤣
Texas? Lmao maybe in your state they tell you what to do. Of course outside of Ann richards and David Koresh you haven’t had anyone with real power to help your little cult rapey school along. 46k people for a football game is embarrassing and one of the many reasons no real conference wants you and you have to come hang out with big boys on their boards to feel like you are somebody.

I can’t believe you are literally Vanderbilt with more rapes and less academics in a worse city. When the ACC and Pac12 make fun of you for being a midmajor that’s embarrassing

Texas? Lmao maybe in your state they tell you what to do. Of course outside of Ann richards and David Koresh you haven’t had anyone with real power to help your little cult rapey school along. 46k people for a football game is embarrassing and one of the many reasons no real conference wants you and you have to come hang out with big boys on their boards to feel like you are somebody.

I can’t believe you are literally Vanderbilt with more rapes and less academics in a worse city. When the ACC and Pac12 make fun of you for being a midmajor that’s embarrassing
If the SEC had to decide between Texas and Tennessee as to whom to kick out who would they choose? (Hint: not Texas 😁).

If the SEC had to decide between Texas and Tennessee as to whom to kick out who would they choose? (Hint: not Texas 😁).
They wouldn’t because we don’t kick people out This is a real conference with real programs. Meanwhile you would rank 9th in attendance in the PAC 12 right now and 10th in the ACC lol. You’re not even the 4th or 5th most important program in your state

The Big 12 Championship Game Crushed the ACC, Pac-12 in Viewership

A pillow fight that not even the MyPillow guy would sponsor

A game airing alone in its own time slot involving two top 10 teams with potential national title [playoff] implications had higher viewership than a game between a conference’s two smallest market, smallest branded teams playing in the same time slot as a major national brand, major market, definitely-having-national-title-implications team played and a game that aired on a night of the week when most of the more casual, weekend college football audience wouldn’t be watching it anyway, regardless of whether any national title implications were or weren’t involved? Say it ain’t so! Color me shocked!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
They wouldn’t because we don’t kick people out This is a real conference with real programs. Meanwhile you would rank 9th in attendance in the PAC 12 right now lol.[ You’re not even the 4th or 5th most important program in your state
WTF??? 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Attendance at games doesn't bring in TV ratings. We're in a new century now. Time to catch up 😂😂🤣

WTF??? 😂😂😂🤣🤣

Attendance at games doesn't bring in TV ratings. We're in a new century now. Time to catch up 😂😂🤣

The SWC didn’t want to stay with Baylor

CUSA didn’t want Baylor

The Big 8 didn’t want Baylor

Colorado, Mizzou, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Oklahoma left Baylor

The PAC 12 wanted every big 12 team but Baylor and Iowa St and Kansas St

The SEC, Big Ten and now the new ACC/P12 alliance doesn’t want Baylor.

I’m sure they are all just looking at your “massive” TV draw. Lol

You are a nobody. Always have been. Always will be. Rapists, drug murders, Waco, cultists. 46k fanbase in a midmajor conference playing Cincinnati, Kansas St, TCU and UCF

It’s sad knowing you can and will never be anything more. TCU, Texas Tech, Houston and SMU’s little brother and Texas and Texas A&M’s afterthought

Reactions: GreveHaller
A game airing alone in its own time slot involving two top 10 teams with potential national title [playoff] implications had higher viewership than a game between a conference’s two smallest market, smallest branded teams playing in the same time slot as a major national brand, major market, definitely-having-national-title-implications team played and a game that aired on a night of the week when most of the more casual, weekend college football audience wouldn’t be watching it anyway, regardless of whether any national title implications were or weren’t involved? Say it ain’t so! Color me shocked!
He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. Art Briles would be proud

Reactions: TrueOrange

VN Store

Back