College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Some recent mock drafts, coming up in ~ 2 weeks (July 17-19)

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/

23: Beck
27: Tidwell
32: Gilbert
112: Joyce
136: Lipscomb
222: Ortega
250: Mabrey

Previously posted by @GregAmsler:

2022 MLB Draft - Top 500 Prospects — Prospects Live

14: Tidwell
19: Beck
22: Gilbert
104: Joyce
190: Lipscomb
293: Ortega
474: Halvorsen (I believe announced to return to Vols)

Be nice to get Camden Sewell back for another year after all this..

When Cam or Kirby come out of that bullpen door, I always feel good.

My impression was one. But, I don't understand the covid rule.

He played full year in 2019 for Notre Dame. Then, maybe only 13 games in 2020 due to start of covid. Then 2021 and 2022 with 'Let's Go Pee!'.
I would think two then. But I don’t understand it either.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So with the pickup of the AP catcher, are we definitely out of it for Skenes?

My impression was one. But, I don't understand the covid rule.

He played full year in 2019 for Notre Dame. Then, maybe only 13 games in 2020 due to start of covid. Then 2021 and 2022 with 'Let's Go Pee!'.

I would think that means he has one more "Covid" year remaining but could redshirt if he gets hurt and then use a covid year again. So, one maybe two years left. Strictly my interpretation.

I would think that means he has one more "Covid" year remaining but could redshirt if he gets hurt and then use a covid year again. So, one maybe two years left. Strictly my interpretation.

He helps fill the hole, with perhaps some Jarad Dickey, and an improved hitting Charlie Taylor. Plus, there is one additional catcher on the roster who may have redshirted this year.

The case of Paul Skenes is a challenge. He could perhaps be the weekend catcher. However, I do understand that he wants to pitch. Unfortunately, CTV certainly can't guarantee a weekend starting spot. We have three better, and perhaps four if Seth can improve control.

Skenes could pitch some relief, perhaps be a closer, start some weekday games, would be in mix if an injury occurs, or someone needs a weekend off. We do have considerable innings to be filled with Ben, Mark, Red, Cam, etc departing.

But, Paul does have good bat flip so perhaps he wants to play for the best team in the country.

One part about it....the MLB scouts will find him. Even if he is getting them out in mid-innings, they will see his stuff. As a Vol, he is sure to get considerable PR. Plus, Frank Anderson will improve his pitching skill set.

VN Store

Back