2023 Recruiting

Playing together in a tournament…. Players do get close and develop friendships. I am sure this scenario is potentially correct !

Velez , I agree should be ranked higher but time will tell how she progresses? These people ranking recruits are all about numbers ….. how many points scored , rebounds , assists , etc. Angelica is a shoot last type of a point guard ! Getting her teammates in the right position and getting the offense plays run right ., seems to me to be her main focus ….. she will shoot but usually after a breakdown of a play or if left open . She has the wheels to get to the rim when she wants but sometimes a little to hap hazard with her shot ? I believe the people ranking her are looking for more points from her and with all players! She can score but that is not her main focus ! Her defense is admirable and becomes a real pest most of the time . She is a true point guard and in my opinion, when you can get one …. take them even if you may not need one ? There is always sickness , injury, etc. And there is usually a point in every game when controlling the ball and time is more important than scoring!

Good post PRG....Well thought out..

If she comes here, we will have the fastest point guards in the country...And this is a good thing.

Looking to make the pass.....
Angelica-Velez_large.png

I know we have 15 players now, but one is a walk on, so, technically we have another scholly to give for this coming season. So, could be a transfer in?

On the other hand, keeping these 14 happy is challenge enough, so I'm guessing it's a new recruit.

And, BTW, what was "Stranger Things, Part One?"
We have fifteen on scholarship plus Darby as a walk-on for a total of 16.

I am old-school when it comes to my PG
I want a mentality of distribute, drive and shoot,,in that order,,with a dog-minded defense mentality.
We have this in Brooklynn, Jasmine and Velez has these same characteristics. She would be a great get...I have not followed or been in any way personally involved with the recruits since it has fallen in capable hands and feel it is now in very good hands so I am in the stands fully now.

I do see a formidable connection between Justine and DeRose' and hope to see this in the LV future and right now it's just a feeling,,,but I think I will be "smilin" in the near future

Just a feelin'
sheepish-grin.gif

Doesn't Coach Kellie have a rule about wearing the uniform, unless you are committed? It does look like a uniform she has on....

Tomorrow may prove to be very interesting....
interesting-batman.gif

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back