‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

Tennessee gave Jeremiah Cobb plenty to think about this weekend. Cobb said he was through with his official visits and hopes to make a decision in August before season season start.

Feels like Vols made a move there this weekend. Tennesssee, Auburn and Clemson. Not sure where he is on Clemson's board right now. Family really liked it here.

- Hubbs

Not getting a good guys vibe from this interview.

Hope I'm wrong.
Yea, it would be dang impressive if we pull this off. Supposedly Spiller has put all his eggs in his basket this class. Interesting that Hubbs seems to question where he is on Clemsons board considering he is only one on the board.

All due respect but Clemson thinks they're going to get literally everyone.
Yea this guy is pretty realistic FOR a Clemson fan…but that’s still insanely cocky for a normal fan haha! But reading tea leaves, Hubbs wondering where he is on Clemsons board makes me think Hubbs thinks Clemson is favorite as well if they push. Then I hear he’s their biggest priority and it doesn’t add up well for me. Again hope I’m wrong!

Yea this guy is pretty realistic FOR a Clemson fan…but that’s still insanely cocky for a normal fan haha! But reading tea leaves, Hubbs wondering where he is on Clemsons board makes me think Hubbs thinks Clemson is favorite as well if they push. Then I hear he’s their biggest priority and it doesn’t add up well for me. Again hope I’m wrong!

Gotcha, thanks!

“It was amazing, getting to meet the staff,” Cobb said, “hanging out with Coach Heupel, Coach Mack. He was really cool. We did a lot of things, like we went to the lake and the river and all that stuff on the boat was fun. Really just sitting down and talking football with (offensive coordinator) Coach (Alex) Golesh and how they would use me in the offense was nice.”

Cobb said he doesn’t have a specific timetable for a decision date in mind, but is done with official visits and plans to make his decision prior to the start of his senior season or the “end of summer, somewhere in that area.” He took official visits earlier this month to both Clemson and Auburn. He said those three programs are “standing out” to him above the rest.

“I’m going to take some time, look back on all these visits and see where I like the most and where just feels like home,” he said.

Cobb, former teammates with Tennessee freshman safety Jourdan Thomas at Montgomery Catholic Prep, came into the weekend looking to learn more about his potential role in Tennessee’s offense – “They really showed me, it was awesome.” He also wanted to spend more time and get closer with Heupel and Mack. His time with Heupel showed Cobb how Tennessee views him.

“That I’m a big priority for Tennessee,” he said, “and that they need me and would love to have me up here.”

Cobb was intrigued by how he would fit in Tennessee’s offense and likes the pace and space the Vols play with.

“Definitely as not just a running back – they can move me all over the field, do all different things,” he said, “but also run downhill, run the ball and everything.”

Cobb said he likes Tennessee for a couple of reasons.

“Definitely how they make me such a big priority,” he said, “and how they would use me on the field and saying I’d have playing time if I come, if I keep working hard.”

Tennessee has “always been up there” for Cobb since he was offered, he said, but he added the Vols made his decision tougher this weekend.

“Definitely the staff and seeing how they treat me, feel like if it’s like family or not or seeing what feels like home and this is where I want to be,” Cobb said of what’s most important in his decision process.

He added: “It’s going to be a real hard decision.”
-Brown

VN Store

Back