The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Don’t get these people, why are they all so miserable?

It’s like the whole season was a big failure to them.

Can’t these fans see that this program is growing and learning along the way and it’s been a a fun ride so far and the future is bright?

I had the most fun ever during a regular season and feel so optimistic and excited for next season and the future.
At least they seem to be limiting their footprint on site. I’m not one ignore anyone but a couple of these threads would be good candidates to scroll down through and ignore everyone.

I was outside every single day whenever I was a kid. We also had a ton of kids in the neighborhood so I guess it made it more fun to be outside than inside.
We had kids that would come from a 5-6 block area and we’d play outside all day. Boys, girls, black, white, it didn’t matter as long as you liked garbage pail kids, pee wee Herman, could somewhat play baseball, football or basketball and army and liked riding bikes, you were part of the gang. There were a bunch of us, probably 15+!
I didn’t want to stay in the house!

Don’t get these people, why are they all so miserable?

It’s like the whole season was a big failure to them.

Can’t these fans see that this program is growing and learning along the way and it’s been a a fun ride so far and the future is bright?

I had the most fun ever during a regular season and feel so optimistic and excited for next season and the future.

Right there with you bud!

Reactions: MAD and VolPack22
We had kids that would come from a 5-6 block area and we’d play outside all day. Boys, girls, black, white, it didn’t matter as long as you liked garbage pail kids, pee wee Herman, could somewhat play baseball, football or basketball and army and liked riding bikes, you were part of the gang. There were a bunch of us, probably 15+!
We would play gi joe or basketball for hours and then play house with the girls. It didn’t matter because we were having fun and staying out of trouble...well, serious trouble at least.
😉

Same for me man! I think I rode a bike almost every single day. Also had a lot of kids into skateboarding. Surprisingly, I didn’t have a lot of them into the major sports but we were a bunch of explorers lol. It was like I had my sports friends on my teams and my neighborhood friends that I would do other stuff with. I always had something fun to do. We used to do this pocket book prank in the middle of the night, tie it to some fishing line and go hide behind my neighbors camper. People would actually stop and try to pick it up and as soon as they reached, we yanked it and they would get pissed and drive off 🤣

We also made this water balloon slingshot and would shoot them at cars driving by. I’m sure we scared the hell out of some of those people. If someone ever got out of their car we would scatter like roaches. Looking back now, we were some bad kids whenever the sun went down…

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Saw the greatest sight this morning…today was the start of the baseball camp put on by our HS coaches and players and when I got there to pick up my son, I saw two of the HS players demonstrating and teaching a group of 8-10 yr olds, DG’s extra base hit celebration. What makes this so great is that we live in Alabama, so to see the impact that Drew and this baseball team has had on players/kids outside of Tennessee is awesome. Doubt many of the other parents in attendance had a clue what they were doing but I couldn’t help but smile. My son was at another station at the time, so after camp I told him what I saw and he nonchalantly said yeah I know they were doing it but I already know how to do it 🤣🤣.

Saw the greatest sight this morning…today was the start of the baseball camp put on by our HS coaches and players and when I got there to pick up my son, I saw two of the HS players demonstrating and teaching a group of 8-10 yr olds, DG’s extra base hit celebration. What makes this so great is that we live in Alabama, so to see the impact that Drew and this baseball team has had on players/kids outside of Tennessee is awesome. Doubt many of the other parents in attendance had a clue what they were doing but I couldn’t help but smile. My son was at another station at the time, so after camp I told him what I saw and he nonchalantly said yeah I know they were doing it but I already know how to do it 🤣🤣.
Infiltrate enemy territory. We are Alabama state champs after all 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MAD
We would play gi joe or basketball for hours and then play house with the girls. It didn’t matter because we were having fun and staying out of trouble...well, serious trouble at least.
😉

How about an old-fashioned archaeological dig in the backyard, coincidentally after having watched Indiana Jones?

How about an old-fashioned archaeological dig in the backyard, coincidentally after having watched Indiana Jones?
Always!! At the end of my block was a good sized church and they had a playground, basketball court and huge, level field! On the other side of the field(they kept it mowed), separated by a creek, was about a 2 acre patch of woods!!
We had bike trails all through those woods! We had forts and hideouts, we would catch craw dads in the creek! On the next street over was a little mom and pop market that had tons of candy, the best hot dogs and double dragon arcade game!!! My childhood was awesome!!
Anyone familiar with the Lincoln park/oakwood area will know what I’m talking about!!

I was born in 75 and was always out and about, but unfortunately I need to drag my kids outside kicking and screaming 🤦‍♂️
After little league season was over, during the summers during 4th-7th grades there was a standing baseball game probably four days a week. No parents, just kids. Ghost runners used when necessary. Played until dark.

At least they seem to be limiting their footprint on site. I’m not one ignore anyone but a couple of these threads would be good candidates to scroll down through and ignore everyone.
I’m not one to ignore people either because I believe in opinions and open discussion but it’s starting to get ridiculous with the “choke job” comments. I feel like that falls under the umbrella of @OldTimer rules about bashing the team.

VN Store

Back